Forums
May 14, 2024, 02:56 PM

Author Topic: cheap usb shippable kb for roping  (Read 4698 times)

Offline zippeurfou

cheap usb shippable kb for roping
« on: May 07, 2013, 07:25 PM »
Hey guys, as you mostly know i'm playing on my laptop and I have something like 2 key locks (whenever I press enter I have to unpress all other touch) and my kb space is broken and answer only 50% of time..so I am kinda the biggest rope avoider ever when I play worms :D.
Since rox is back active and he's mr. rope with me or die :D and I still want to clanner with him.. I was finally thinking of buying a new keyboard.
I don't want to spend more than $50 dollar on a keyboard. It is primary to write and to be honest all these gaming keyboard stuff that cost $150 is just a waste of money in my opinion (please don't open a debate :D).
So does anyone know a good usb keyboard for less than 50 dollars that could be shipped in the usa ?
Thanks guys in advance !

Offline zippeurfou

Re: cheap usb shippable kb for roping
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 08:46 PM »
thanks twi but 50 buck is still a bit too much. Do'nt know something a bit cheaper ?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 09:34 PM »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:38 PM by Anubis »

Offline rash

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 08:25 AM »
i got a microsoft sidewinder x4 and its a good kb for less than 50$

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 01:24 PM »
I think any Microsoft kb will be good; there is too much shit for <50$ that's why it can be a waste of money :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 05:03 PM »
I've roped with a Logitech Deluxe 250 keyboard for about 6 years with no problems. No keylock, and it was only $6.99. It's discontinued but there are some cheap ones on eBay still.

The spacebar is reliable but it has a pretty far travel and slowish return spring. Just don't expect to tap ultrafast... but it's not as bad as it sounds.

I also had a cheap Microsoft keyboard, and the Logitech was a lot better for worms. The arrow keys are more sensitive, so they allow finer movement (quite noticeable in SSR). And the keyboard itself is just way quieter, so if you live with other people they won't think you're as much of a freak.

I've never used any keyboards worth more than $10.. so make of this what you will.

Offline Peja

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 05:08 PM »
And the keyboard itself is just way quieter, so if you live with other people they won't think you're as much of a freak.

lolo my rooomate once yelled at me why i use the washing machine at 3 am and all i did was playing a wxw.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline deejay

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 12:49 AM »
Here fada: This is what youre looking for, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823184015

Logisys Illuminated Keyboard; Its pretty much the ghetto version of the Logitech Illuminated, but its still a nice Keyboard with a sensitvie space for nice taps.

Hope I could help, cheers

Offline zippeurfou

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 01:14 AM »
Thanks for all your replies. I'm hesitating between twif razer keyboard and deejay one (which one is it ? this http://www.amazon.com/Logisys-Corporation-Streamline-Illuminated-KB209BK/dp/B001CZLLXW/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1368493237&sr=1-1&keywords=Logisys+Illuminated+Keyboard or this http://www.amazon.com/Logisys-Corp-Streamline-Illuminated-KB209WT/dp/B009QVQQB6/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1368493237&sr=1-3&keywords=Logisys+Illuminated+Keyboard).
My hesitation come from the fact that I'm writing a lot with my keyboard and I want it to be a minimum comfortable for my hand.
Could you tell me which one is it deejay and if it is ok for a long utilisation or your wirst/hand hurt after ?
Thanks dude for your help btw !
Edit: Twi, can you confirm the razer kb is usb and not ps2 ?
Best,

Offline zippeurfou

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 01:24 AM »
spoke with deejay on snoop, he told me the wt one was the last one. I bought this one because I still believe the razer is bit too expensive and i didn't want to remap/buy a ps2 usb adaptor.
I only had shit kb when i played worms (wireless...) this might be difficult for me at first to have a kb that answer my taps ! :D

Offline Crazy

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 01:32 AM »
It's so nice to see Anubis speaking warmly of the IBM Rapid Acess Keyboard every time there is a discussion about which KB to use :) I can advice this one as well Fada. It's perfect for roping, typing and any other use. It's also a keyboard which you can expect to last for a very long time. This is the exact same keyboard I have been using since 2001, and it's working as if it was brand new. Just look at my roping, that's how I roll :P

You'll need a converter as it doesn't come in USB, but a converter is cheap and easy to use. Go for this KB; you won't regret it!!!!

Offline DENnis

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 06:46 AM »
i got a microsoft sidewinder x4 and its a good kb for less than 50$

I also use Microsoft SideWinder X4 and I really like this Keyboard with Anti-Ghosting. The only not so good point is, that the F-keys are quite small and it needs some practise to accustom to that. With other Keyboards I pressed wrong keys sometimes, too, so I guess to press 2 keys or a wrong key sometimes is only my fault :D
Anyway I would buy this cheap and nice designed Keyboard again.

And the keyboard itself is just way quieter, so if you live with other people they won't think you're as much of a freak.

lolo my rooomate once yelled at me why i use the washing machine at 3 am and all i did was playing a wxw.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 09:02 AM »
The one deejay posted looks like a really bad keyboard for anything except carrying it around and showing it to friends in very dark places.

There are keyboards like that one that are super reliable and accurate, but that ain't a membrane keyboard. I'd be surprised if it doesn't come with a left key + space keylock.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline SpideR

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 11:27 AM »
What about microsoft wired keyboard 200? It's R$25 here! (US$13)
Would it be simple and effective, good for roping? Who has it?

I won't buy any keyboard that f keys are a straight line without space each four keys.

I think I'll leave my old 2001 logitech at my parents home for its historical use and consistent efficiency, and get a new one so that I could play on laptop during the week.

* SpideR needs an active clan... boo @franz/mir!