Forums
May 17, 2024, 08:22 PM

Author Topic: Experimental season result - bng  (Read 15336 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Experimental season result - bng
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2015, 03:22 AM »
there is no way this game would have lasted 10 years without roping, thats a fact.

Nah man, WA has lasted as long as it has because of it's variety and diversity, most of the players who were around in the big roping era are long gone, the game has survived the past 6 or so years thanks to schemes like Shopper, Hysteria, TTRR, Kaos, Abnormal etc... We all know Hysteria isn't your dream scheme, but it's definitely done it's fair share of keeping the game popular, and when you look at the bigger picture, that's what matters, the overall activity of WA, regardless of what schemes are being played.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2015, 10:21 AM »
something totally unexpected and something usual happened at the same time.

I agree with avirex and Komo is wrong.

In fact, the time were this game was more active and arguably more competitive was the time of Roping DoNs, and #RopersHeaven.

Surely if back then the game was this feature rich it would have been equally active and competitive  but it wasn't the case.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2015, 11:43 AM »
The time WA was more active was within the 1st 3 years of being released, that's the ONLY reason it was more active, because it was new/original/popular.

If all WA ever had was roping, WA would be dead by now, i'd bet serious money on that.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2015, 11:48 AM »
back on topic.

Can we agree to remove /ts from the offical bng rules starting next season?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2015, 08:59 PM »
bump, and grider protection..

there is barely anyone who likes the tus rules playing it expect chelsea and lukz and they are not traditional bngers....

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2015, 09:27 PM »
expect chelsea and lukz and they are not traditional bngers....

ye, we are MAGIC BnG pwners ! :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2015, 03:33 AM »
Was watching CKC Vs TaG last night, I never realized girders could be used in any way now...

What the f**k happened to this scheme???

ts was bad enough, but using girders for protection??? BnG is at an all time low...

These new rules are an embarassment to one of the most Classic schemes Worms as a franchise has to offer, it should go back to how it was.

Not only that, it's extremely unfair why you change rules for BnG yet won't change rules for other schemes, the amount of complaints you have had against Hysteria and you will not change Hysteria, yet you are happy to completely f**k up like I said, one of the most Classic schemes of all time...

Offline Peja

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2015, 06:37 AM »
haha it took you almost 2 years to realize that change  ;D
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2015, 08:01 AM »
Lol, i've only played 1 TuS BnG for like 2 years and that was against you and Husk last week and we used the old scheme with SG added :)

Put it this way, I will never use this new TuS BnG scheme, using this scheme is about as much fun as sleeping with a fat girl...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2015, 08:58 AM »
using this scheme is about as much fun as sleeping with a fat girl...

you've crossed the line of hipocrisy and realism by talking out of your f@#!ing ass once again.

You're already 30, it's about time to think like an adult.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2015, 03:36 PM »
so you're telling me you've ever been with a woman we could consider thin?
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2015, 05:15 PM »
Ok, so far the following well known players feel /ts has no place in BnG:

I really agree with KRD here on ts in bng. I picked it this season after coming back to tus and found that chelsea and lukz were both calling me weird for wanting to use normal bng rules. The ts rule really screws with aimming and resetting your aim straight up, sometimes you want a 1 or 2 tap shot from straight up and almost impossible to achieve this as you can never aim up so stops alot of low wind shots.
Also the full power functionality is removed and like KRD says some players use this without notching and it not being cheap.

4. Should TestStuff's circular aiming be part of the scheme? Why did TUS start enforcing it for BnG? I find it breaks my normal way of aiming completely so that I have to rely on notching more because of it, not less. Without going into the details of notching, isn't that the opposite of the desired effect? Not to mention that with the current implementation of it, fall damage is actually easier to achieve, making it very hard for players with 10+ years of BnG experience to estimate shot damage, while adding no positive effects that I can think of. TestStuff really has no place in BnG, I feel.

4. Should TestStuff's circular aiming be part of the scheme? Why did TUS start enforcing it for BnG? I find it breaks my normal way of aiming completely so that I have to rely on notching more because of it, not less. Without going into the details of notching, isn't that the opposite of the desired effect? Not to mention that with the current implementation of it, fall damage is actually easier to achieve, making it very hard for players with 10+ years of BnG experience to estimate shot damage, while adding no positive effects that I can think of. TestStuff really has no place in BnG, I feel.

Definitely no place in BnG.

Word.

^^ I assume this means he agrees with the subject Chicken23 brought up?

Berria seems to be 50/50.

I fully support and agree with Chicken!

Remove this senseless TS

This is the pre-game chat log of our Clanner UC Vs TdC from 1-2 weeks ago:
[2015-02-22 00.23.21] [bfw`hollow] the tus bng scheme sux :(
[2015-02-22 00.23.21] [UC`Piki1802`dS] you dont have him in your clan atm
[2015-02-22 00.23.21] ••• Incoming connection on slot 5
[2015-02-22 00.23.21] ••• Connection closed: 5, -1
[2015-02-22 00.23.21] [UC`Piki1802`dS] xd
[2015-02-22 00.23.25] [bfw`hollow] i hate ts
[2015-02-22 00.23.39] [UC`LeTK`AbC-dS] Oh yeah ts is nonsense.
[2015-02-22 00.23.46] [UC`LeTK`AbC-dS] Wanna play w/o?
[2015-02-22 00.23.48] [HuskyTdC] btw if u guys have other ideas for bng scheme I am ok with any settings
[2015-02-22 00.23.58] [UC`Piki1802`dS] husky dont do like ur okay
[2015-02-22 00.23.59] [UC`Piki1802`dS] ur not
[2015-02-22 00.23.59] [UC`Piki1802`dS] :D
[2015-02-22 00.24.04] [UC`LeTK`AbC-dS] xD
[2015-02-22 00.24.06] [HuskyTdC] lol xD
[2015-02-22 00.24.08] [HuskyTdC] I am ok with any xD
[2015-02-22 00.24.13] [HuskyTdC] tus settings r weird
[2015-02-22 00.24.24] [UC`Piki1802`dS] weird schemes for weird people :D
[2015-02-22 00.24.28] [UC`LeTK`AbC-dS] :D
[2015-02-22 00.24.34] [HuskyTdC] lol

^^ As you can see, everyone here agrees /ts is a bad choice, that is another 4 people, I am sure I could find at least another 10-20 well known players who would agree given time to research & question them.

Personally speaking, I agree with KRD/lacoste and Chicken23, who are 3 of the schemes best players and biggest supporters/traditional players, players who care about the scheme, not about winning/losing.

I've done a bit of research over the last day and from what I see:

The new rules have definitely not improved BnG, I don't see ANY new players taking a sudden interest in enjoying the scheme or having any passion for it.

The new rules make BnG unpleasant for the people who enjoy the scheme, and actually care about it.

The players who are for /ts are players who generally don't pick BnG, never play BnG funners and generally not interested in the scheme BnG, the only person I see who is for /ts and I know enjoys BnG is Xrayez, also, the players who want /ts are actually known to complain about BnG regardless of the rules, they just don't like the scheme, they either find it boring, or only play it to win points, you would never see them playing BnG for fun.

So why are the vast majority of players who play BnG being ignored on this issue? Why do the people who have actually enjoyed BnG for longer than TuS has existed, some players even 10+ years not have a voice here?

Why are the people who pretty much never pick BnG, or play it just to enjoy it for fun, or have a history of knowledge with the scheme, in charge of deciding what happens to it? How can you justify this as being fair? Surely the decision should be in the hands of those who actually play it? Who care about it? Who are experienced and have knowledge and skill with the scheme?

I cannot see any valid reason not to go back to the old BnG rules, or even let us improve it.

Can we please do something about this?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2015, 05:28 PM »
how many times do you change sides in a week Komo
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline SPW

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2015, 10:55 PM »
I'm 100% Chicken23.  :)

And Komito.