Forums
May 16, 2024, 01:55 AM

Poll

Remove the Karma system?

Yes, completely.
No, keep it as it is.
Yes, and allow posts to be rated instead.

Author Topic: Karma system  (Read 10622 times)

Re: Karma system
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2010, 01:53 AM »
so if there had been an answer "No, but there ought to be more transparency", you would've voted for that?

Offline Devilage

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2010, 04:30 AM »
Indeed and that transparency is to know who's smitting or applauding :)

Edit: If I keep arguing on the forums ppl will keep smitting me and I'll never know who's doing it, but if I knew I bet that they won't do it that often.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:32 AM by devilage »

Smoking proud.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2010, 01:33 PM »
Indeed and that transparency is to know who's smitting or applauding :)

Karma would be useless if we know who is doing what !

Offline Csongi

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2010, 01:44 PM »
well,seeing who smited who is kinda weird...
for example X smits Y and Y starts a "flame war" with X    :-[

that just would bring more conflicts
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2010, 03:10 PM »
Edit: If I keep arguing on the forums ppl will keep smitting me and I'll never know who's doing it, but if I knew I bet that they won't do it that often.

this actually shows that the system is working good, we dont want arguments on the forums... karma gives people a reason to not act like an asshole

ill applaud u just cus u care devislut ;P

Offline Devilage

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2010, 08:22 PM »
woah thedogg where tha f@#! have u been u french whore! :D

Smoking proud.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2010, 10:56 AM »
woah thedogg where tha f@#! have u been u french whore! :D

Sup man :D

I was working ;)

Offline Devilage

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2010, 07:07 PM »
on ur pron site? xd

Smoking proud.

Offline Wormwarrior

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2010, 11:13 PM »
No probleme for me you can say who i smited, when i think the post is stupid, or bad i smite, but when i show people was weird in wa (ingame) and i show him post something yay i smite him, but just 1 time, and yay i don't like doubletime but i just smite him when i see stupid post, if he did a nice comment, or he a a nice idea i can apllaud him, and i am the same for all people, who i think is good or notn i voted the 3rd option and i think we can show who smite who and who applaud who, if he have a figth, he can speak on the forum and resolve her problemes, and after that can be friend? don't know, but maybe show that can be more honest and we can be a better communoty like that, if all understand all that will be nice, i am stone peace

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2010, 11:55 AM »
Maybe modify the system : You can give (for example) 10 applauds, and 10 smites for 1 player  per season.
So if you just click on (for example again) DT's name smite, that means -10 per season, what isn't that bad. Of course, it's by 1 player, if 10/15 players do it, of course it's different. Anyway it's just an idea.

Offline Ray

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2010, 12:23 PM »
I have an idea, and it could be related to Karma at some point.

How about creating bettings on the site? On Cup and Play-Off games (and also the League Challenge if it is possible), the system would calculate the probability of winning or losing based on the players' League ranks in the schemes and people would be able to place bets - maybe from their Karma points.

Advantage: more interest in the games, maybe even in the Play-Offs, more people spectate the games, chance to increase your Karma.
Drawback: the skilled players who join the site later and have 1000 rank while players they can easily beat have higher ranks can mess the numbers up.

Offline Csongi

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2010, 12:50 PM »
lol >   www.bwin.com  :D :D
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2010, 11:34 AM »
Not bad idea, but also crap :D
It could be ok for some ppl, and it couldn't be ok for some ppl.

Offline Husk

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2011, 08:53 PM »
I think most of the flames in this forum are because of karma system, how about getting rid of it? just my opinion.

edit: and the karma log is just fueling the fire
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:55 PM by Husk »

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2011, 09:04 PM »
I think most of the flames in this forum are because of karma system, how about getting rid of it? just my opinion.

edit: and the karma log is just fueling the fire

omfg let's all smite husk for what he just said !!! and also for getting back an old thread !! xdddddd