Forums
May 03, 2024, 05:53 PM

Author Topic: League rules,  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Devilage

League rules,
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:46 PM »
Well as we all know, we have rules for each scheme and each particular case when comes to cows, etc. So my question is are those rules meant to be followed? or the moderators have the power to f@#! those rules and make their own decisions?
It's a point that I would like to have clear enough, for further games, do we need to follow the rules at all? or just in particular cases, are we able to chose over the rules and make our own ones? you should add this to the rules then!, We srsly need a solid rule book, every time I see moderators making their own 'I think this is fair enough' and shit, but once and for all...Follow the rules that we all have contribued to elaborate, I don't rly care about losing a game, it's not a big deal for me tbh, but I can't stand that our own moderators cant follow their own rules, how much time have we been playing, and we still leave games to the ' o he had more hp so maybe the other team was lost' or ' o my partner crashed do we continue or rh?' the rules are crystal clear yet u seem to overthink a solution, I mean commun all this years to not have a single rule to follow every time? stop making choices because u think its the best start using the rules that this site has, thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:48 PM by Devilage »

Smoking proud.

Offline Peja

Re: League rules,
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:11 PM »
n words devilage.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline barman

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 10:36 PM »
This is a good point. Some of the recent mod decisions were confusing to say at least. If you don't feel like creating a huge rulebook covering every situation possible to occur during a game, at least write down your previous decisions and keep them for future reference. That'll save everyone's time and nerves in the complaints section.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:37 PM by barman »
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Peja

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 11:36 PM »
i suggested mi exactly the same. shouldnt be that much work to write down the thoughts u already have in mind. besides those kinds of complaints are pretty rare.

Offline avirex

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:12 AM »
Devliage, lag outs are commin sense, after each, any, and every lag out, a rh is certain... but yiu can also agree to keep playing, if both sides agree... taking turns that are agressive, also means your willing to continue.

Barman lost a hyst claner when some one dropped, despite it f@#!ing up all turn orders, he made an aggressive turn, resulting in the game being continued...

I'm just letting you know these facts, because despite being painfully obvious, some people obviously don't get it...

Ill recap: lagout = rehost, unless everyone agrees to continue playing

Aggressive turns = agreeing to continue game.

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 12:39 AM »
Hmm, do we need even more rules when ppl are already too lazy to read the current ones? Or even just D1's sticky on complaint board?

1 rule to cover it all: Don't be an idiot.

Simple, but hard to get apparently. Especially the p/o games have been hell lately. A lot of clans have an attitude right now that says 'Don't f@#! with me, I'll f@#! with you first'. And then when the game begins suspicions start to arise and when the first insinuation is made all hell breaks lose  :o

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 12:50 AM »
Every mod here has his own opinion on how to handle documentation of rules, but HHC pretty much spelled out mine. Guess there's no need to keep me around anymore ;D

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 07:34 AM »
There should be only 1 rule: "Fair play"

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline barman

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 09:25 AM »
You can't just say "use common sense", everyone has a different opinion of what the rules should be. For example, I was sure surrendering in roper was OK until D1 had decided differently, even though doing so appeared to be totally legal before a complaint. Similarly, the "quit = loss" rule seems not to apply anymore, as seen here.

With the current approach you end up having to deal with a lot of unnecessary complaints and punishing people for having a wrong idea of what's legal or not. This might be an exagerration, but rules should be written like everyone's an idiot. Whenever possible, there shouldn't be any room for speculation.

We have a fresh example in this topic: people are confused whether bungee knocks are allowed. Are we going to wait until someone decides to start another flame in the complaints thread? It wouldn't hurt at all to someone make a preemptive decision and post it in some "rarely-brought-up-rules" thread (if one existed).

If the mods are too lazy, let someone else take care of it.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 10:28 AM »
You have to realize people are hiding behind their computers. We can't detect a true network drop and somebody turning their router off.

Putting "rematch if someone lags out", will also make complaints. How many times we've had "he dropped on purpose!" complaints?
That's why we have:
Quote from: Leagues Rules
At any other occasion the moderators will decide about the outcome of the game, after it is posted to the forum's League Complaints section.

We never asked people to have "common sense". Simply, if you had an disagreement mention it in the game and continue playing and let the moderators decide.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 10:41 AM »
You can't just say "use common sense", everyone has a different opinion of what the rules should be. For example, I was sure surrendering in roper was OK until D1 had decided differently, even though doing so appeared to be totally legal before a complaint. Similarly, the "quit = loss" rule seems not to apply anymore, as seen here.

With the current approach you end up having to deal with a lot of unnecessary complaints and punishing people for having a wrong idea of what's legal or not. This might be an exagerration, but rules should be written like everyone's an idiot. Whenever possible, there shouldn't be any room for speculation.

We have a fresh example in this topic: people are confused whether bungee knocks are allowed. Are we going to wait until someone decides to start another flame in the complaints thread? It wouldn't hurt at all to someone make a preemptive decision and post it in some "rarely-brought-up-rules" thread (if one existed).

If the mods are too lazy, let someone else take care of it.

You seem to have missed the part mentioned that people are already too lazy to read the rules and stickies. If we want to make rules for everything, we're going to end up with more text than 10 Komo drama posts.
The problem isn't with the rules, the problem is people who don't see the rules as guiderules, but rather as a challenge to see how far you can bend them. You're playing an online game, you're not a banker trying to scam people.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 11:58 AM »
I try to avoid trouble in competitive games, I rather overlook a cow than cause a complaint, not worth my time and usually not worth the time of my opponent. People sometimes forget that they get all worked up over something that's supposed to be fun. So rather +1 loss than +100% blood pressure.

Offline Peja

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 01:52 PM »
what would be the problem to add this especially for 2 vs 2 (3 vs 3) games?

"if a drop happens the game is broke and will be rematched with an appropriate setup unless the remaining persons immediatly agree on continuing the game"

i doubt people are fakedropping in t17/elite, since you always can turn around things. if not, game is quite decided anyway.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 02:09 PM »
"if a drop happens the game is broke and will be rematched with an appropriate setup unless the remaining persons immediatly agree on continuing the game"

"Immediately" is not doable in certain schemes.
In roper, I have 5 seconds hotseat and any delay may change the result. Waiting a turn to decide will also make a new crate drop and what's the deal then?
In intermediate/Elite, there's no hotseat time, how can people discuss the situation?

Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Peja

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 02:31 PM »
thats the point. there shouldnt be much discussion. its about to force the rh unless 2 sides really want to continue.
i put immediatly there to give a chance if both sides really wanna continue, cos it would be stupid to forbid an agreement. its about to stop useless discussions and one side getting pissed cos the other doesnt cant decide. besides you are always able to handle a situation different but in hard case of disagreement u dont have work for mods since rules are clear.

ofc you are free to find another word for it or just leave it out.

appropriate setup isnt clear as well. it just means if you have a lead of about 100 hp in a wxw, you keep lead of 100. in hysteria for example you can just start a fresh game or recreate the situation including surrender and skipping turns.