Do you want to have more schemes?

Yes.
12 (30%)
No.
19 (47.5%)
I don't care.
9 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: More 'Schemes'?  (Read 10998 times)

Offline avirex

Re: More 'Schemes'?
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2010, 02:41 PM »
lol bungee league will make komo come back to 1v1 tus...  i think thats enough said, lets move on with the project! :P

Offline Anubis

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2010, 06:06 PM »
If it comes down to skill only schemes, Super Sheep Race would be a very good candidate. There is no luck involved in that scheme. It's just not popular. I like the idea of just 1 scheme of one of a kind as well. 1 pure roping scheme, 1 artillery etc. +1

Edit: It would even be possible to do time trial super sheep race, would be fun too.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2010, 06:39 PM »
Prankster, u mean make 1 league for each scheme ? and the points gained/losted dont interfer at the overhall of the all schemes (classic league) ?

i agree to make 1 league to each scheme.

and can be add tower to the classic league, cuz it the other that is 0% of luck.

Yes I mean something like that, but that's not a must. Btw it's not my idea, a2b is done already. We only have our forums on TUS.
And there is TNL too, but it's open while a2b is private.

I meant tower OR roperace. But in some way they are the same.

If it comes down to skill only schemes, Super Sheep Race would be a very good candidate. There is no luck involved in that scheme. It's just not popular. I like the idea of just 1 scheme of one of a kind as well. 1 pure roping scheme, 1 artillery etc. +1

Edit: It would even be possible to do time trial super sheep race, would be fun too.

Adding SSR to classic league is a good idea for example! Driving the sheep is quite a basic skill, imo. Hm, I didn't really thought about skills only schemes or not, but i think it's doable. But then there wouldn't be roper or any shopper in classic league, and that idea would face too big resistance... Or maybe roper without crates, but a spot to touch before attack..?

Husk. I didn't know that, but of course. Or maybe even better if we say that TNL (or later TEL) is a good example for one scheme leagues, what I talked about (which clearly is in my sight!). Then it wouldn't mean any problem to pick intermediate or elite in free league (as we choose the other one to be the classic league scheme). Or if we choose a 3rd (what I doubt), both could be picked in free league...

I express myself a bit complicated in english, but hope You understand what I'm trying to say. :D

Honestly, I think BungeeRace, Forts & Super Sheep Race should be added to the all-round league:

Calling it all-round league instead of classic league is a good point! Good idea about those schemes to be added, too, but I don't think forts will be in the all-round league while there will be intermediate or elite... They're just not too much different, like shopper and wxw.

Ps.: Now I'm getting applaudes (thx for them! 8)), but I can foresee a war about which skills are basic and which are the best schemes about them...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:11 PM by Prankster »

Offline TitiO

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Ps.: Now I'm getting applaudes (thx for them! 8)), but I can foresee a war about which skills are basic and which are the best schemes about them...

ok, i smited u  8)

Offline chakkman

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2010, 07:44 PM »
Prankster, u mean make 1 league for each scheme ? and the points gained/losted dont interfer at the overhall of the all schemes (classic league) ?

i agree to make 1 league to each scheme.

and can be add tower to the classic league, cuz it the other that is 0% of luck.

Yes I mean something like that, but that's not a must. Btw it's not my idea, a2b is done already. We only have our forums on TUS.
And there is TNL too, but it's open while a2b is private.
That would completely take the requirement to get a good allround player. Also how much activity do you expect for those leagues? I'm also surprised of many other weird ideas here, for example to bring inter back, you know 1. we already had a thread where that was discussed and 2. it already was in the classic league schemes once and it caused nothing but trouble. So why do we always need to reinvent the wheel? Are people unsatisfied with the way this league is going? You know, i think the selection of schemes in the classic league is great, those schemes are popular, most people try to be good at them, the perfect league schemes, and now you want schemes like SSR to be in the classic league, ugh... maybe we should concentrate on small changes to the existing system (if people are so unhappy about it) instead of revolutionary nonsense. :)

Offline SPW

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2010, 08:06 PM »
Indeed, I dont like big chances anyway. Just let it be, why something should be changed when it is running so nice like now?

Small changes, okay. But not such big ones like puting ss race etc in, thats just lol  ::)

Offline Prankster

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Meh. What's this all against SSR?
Chakkman, you totally got me wrong. I don't care about those 1 scheme leagues, that's only an idea, if anyone misses something...

I'm just trying to make my point of this thread.
I didn't know you discussed these things already.

Are people unsatisfied with the way this league is going? You know, i think the selection of schemes in the classic league is great, those schemes are popular, most people try to be good at them, the perfect league schemes, and now you want schemes like SSR to be in the classic league, ugh...

I think most people who satisfied now, would be satisfied with my ideas too. And yes, many people complaining about the schemes in classic league (hyst, t17, shopper, roper...).
Perfect league schemes? Because they are popular?
Btw, I never said i want SSR in classic league.

Let's not talk about classic league, but all-round league as Komo said. And let's talk about this as an idea of a new league. Can we do it now without people saying "revolutionary nonsense", and "thats just lol" without explaining?

This way You can concentrate on small changes in classic league, and who is interested, can talk about the all-round skill league.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2010, 10:51 PM »
Let's not talk about classic league, but all-round league as Komo said. And let's talk about this as an idea of a new league.
Actually that has also already been discussed quite a few times. If i remember right MonkeyIsland's point was that it would reduce the activity of each league. Totally agree with that. Really, the point is not to deny any new ideas, it is just that i wonder if people are unhappy with the league as it is now, or if they are into something "new and sexy" (more likely) which becomes boring again when it has grown old. Better to check yourself first before shouting for breaking changes in this league.

Just for your info: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/seasons-info/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:01 PM by chakkman »

Offline DENnis

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2010, 12:49 AM »
I'm not unhappy with the leagues right now but some innovation will cause more games I guess.

I agree with plopwar and tower. But I guess we can report all those shopper under "shopper". golf and own schemes shouldn't be here, because they would create mess.

Tower and PlopWar is missing anyway, so that would be very nice to add them. Ty for all the answers.

Tower / Big RR is a nice skill game btw ;)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2010, 06:54 AM »
Just to point out, a2b is NOT private, anyone can view the Home(News), Rules, Standings and View Games pages, you just need an invite to register, anyone can ask to join.

Anyway, What I meant with All-Round was something like this:

Everyone can play any section of the league they want, Classic, Free, TNL, those all have their individual standings, Classic Standings, Free Standings, TNL Standings, but there should be an All-Round Standings which takes into consideration all 3 sections of TuS for an All-Round Rating.

BnG, Elite, Roper, WxW, Shopper, Hysteria, TTRR and T17 does not make it an all-round league, to be honest, these are all basic schemes nowadays.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2010, 07:37 AM »
So what another scheme u want? bungee race? plop war? this is all-round league to me ;s

Smoking proud.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2010, 07:57 AM »
Dev, read my post again.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2010, 12:13 PM »
Anyway, What I meant with All-Round was something like this:

Everyone can play any section of the league they want, Classic, Free, TNL, those all have their individual standings, Classic Standings, Free Standings, TNL Standings, but there should be an All-Round Standings which takes into consideration all 3 sections of TuS for an All-Round Rating.
Hm, that's a very good idea actually. :) And in theory it would increase activity in all leagues.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2010, 12:17 PM »
I would like normal RR (30 sec) to be reintroduced, maybe one could be able to pick either RR or TTRR. And I would like it to be forced into the league, if the opponent refused to play normal RR = win for the opponent.

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2010, 12:19 PM »
Dozens of ties? No, thanks.