Forums
May 11, 2024, 08:09 PM

Author Topic: NNN merging with TUS  (Read 7628 times)

Re: NNN merging with TUS
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2010, 10:43 PM »
merge = good thing.

many advantages for both communities.

0 disadvantages for either community.

nothing else to say.
worm and learn

Offline beer

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2010, 10:52 PM »
thats what i mean with win-win relation ::)
evryone win, noone lose... it means improvement

sorry but in need to put this image again, XDDDD

drama queen iz back

Offline Kilobyte

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 12:01 AM »
eyy, the rope is a bit longer than that (or the haystacks are nearer to each other)

Offline beer

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 12:18 AM »
its just an e.g that we show to explain the way of win-win

but ok, u can still 'eat' not as much as if u 'eat' together..

drama queen iz back

Offline Ivo

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2010, 01:37 AM »
The simple idea of having 2 haystacks are silly.

But for this subject, the Kilo phrase was revealing.
Kilo, not wanting to censor anything (everyone is free to start the discussion that he desires) but, I think it would make more sense if this thread was open if the NNNs was really discussing and thinking in the subject. And it was not never the case. I hope if it would be a next time, the subject would have the same credit among TUS community.

Anyway, I'm glad to see so many positive opinions about the subject and so many "TUS people" really respecting and being polite with NNN community. Not wanting to end with this thread, it was really nice to read it, so far. I have hope that what some of us spoke about rivalries, prouds, (lack of) humbleness, one day stop making sense. Because we know that is this who stops the merge. And it's clear which side don't want it.
Using your words Kilo, would be a "nice dream" a WA community united and a single domain for all competitions that we like and play in the daily basis, improving that domain all together and making WA players close to each others and their tasks simpler.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2010, 03:33 AM »
..why do you care soo much about WA global community?

I can understand Ivo cause I care about it too and I think that if more ppl would care about it we could have better, stronger and improved "global community".. With that we would have better and improved game by itself, could reach some serious levels in every way... At least W:A would be on a higher pedestal than it ever was..
Why? Cause after all, it's still just one game that we all love and spare precious time of our life with it.. Only schemes are different and ppl keep forgetting that, they act like every scheme is different game.. Making communities just to gain some "power" so they could feel stronger as individuals.. They all want their piece of turf. And that's crap as Cyrus have said. ;x

And it's not all about NNN merging with TUS, it's about the idea of "merged global community" which considers some other important parts of the whole W:A community..
Dunno if I'm born optimist or hippie in the soul, but I believe that as long as confronted sides thinks positive there's a chance for a miracle..  And miracle can only happen if delegates, councils, secret societies, ppl in positions, clan leaders and players think positive, shake hands and agrees about simple things. After all, it's all so simple...

There are always ways. Will is what is questioned.
It's a shame that cause of few ppls will, stubbornness and despite the whole community feels separated and behind boundaries from each others.. It's the same f@#!ing pattern as in politics of some countries.. While the leaders are feeling comfortable in their leather armchairs, smoking cigars and drinking champagne, they let people to go to war against each others cause they are not same religion or same beliefs or same race (cause they don't play same schemes*)..
I say: f@#! that! Get ya fingers on ur foreheads and get out of your cocoons mofos!

That is why I admire MonkeyIsland, he's the only one in the history of this game that have actually gave the "power to the people" and to the public thought.

There are always ways, I'm sure.

Offline Random00

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2010, 08:41 AM »
nice post, Ramone.
Tho I wouldnt compare the situatiopn between TUS and NNN with any war, heh. :-[

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2010, 10:22 AM »
I believe the merge will bring us many benefits.

The only point you guys are forgetting is that Kilo has put time on NNN and merging will mean to give up some part of that. That's not being stubborn. That's caring for your work. Every programmer has that.
I said "some part", because by coding NNN inside TUS, NNN's system or lets say NNN's ideas through these years will be transfered, so no loss there.

Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2010, 10:42 AM »
So, were you thinking of just having one rating system that would work for TUS and ONL? I think the ONL system is an improvement, largely because it doesn't matter what order you report in or when you played your games. And that's a huge problem, because in TUS, games at the end of the season matter much more than ones at the beginning. And it encourages avoiding good players who simply haven't played many games yet.

I think having that feature is crucial, though there are other ideas that are important for an all-round league, like scheme balance. This would be a good time to work on ratings in general.

Offline Kilobyte

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2010, 01:24 PM »
for the present, it's a compromise for NNN members to register here and play (it does happen) and TUS members register there. "would be a "nice dream" a WA community united and a single domain for all competitions that we like and play in the daily basis" if I remember well, I personally announced here a competition, and no TUS guy came. What would change if there would be a competition "nnnsite.com/tourney" to "tussite/tourney" ?

Offline Joschi

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2010, 11:23 PM »
Meh, shall I cry or just laugh about Ivos posts?  :-*
I have hope that what some of us spoke about rivalries, prouds, (lack of) humbleness, one day stop making sense. Because we know that is this who stops the merge. And it's clear which side don't want it.
Since his NNN clan exit, it seems he has got new energy to deal with this new hot topic. I just wonder why I didn't heared anything related to this topic while he was our member. Because during his membership he had some influence, now his reactions remember me a bit of a disappointed boy.

My main reasons against a merge aren't "rivalries, prouds, (lack of) humbleness", but the identity and the strong bond with a clan/community. Why it's so difficult to understand that there are some people who really prefere to play in small communities, most of the time with well known players.

Anyway, a continuation of my post would be only a repetition of other former posts. However, the following remains true: A big majority of NNN clan wishs to keep at their own domain. I really don't see a reason why to convice them of the contrary, so long the community runs well.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:27 PM by Joschi »

Offline Ivo

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2010, 02:11 AM »
Meh, shall I cry or just laugh about Ivos posts?  :-*
I have hope that what some of us spoke about rivalries, prouds, (lack of) humbleness, one day stop making sense. Because we know that is this who stops the merge. And it's clear which side don't want it.
Since his NNN clan exit, it seems he has got new energy to deal with this new hot topic. I just wonder why I didn't heared anything related to this topic while he was our member. Because during his membership he had some influence, now his reactions remember me a bit of a disappointed boy.
I was wondering when you would do this post, with a personal attack against me. But I knew that would be at your first in this discussion.
You didn't heard a word about this subject for myself when I was in the clan because, I think it was unnecessary to make a post to the clan. I guessed the reaction from the clan and mainly about you, if I did that post. Instead I preferred to have several personal chats with a big part of the clan. I spoke with Domi, Zemke, Dario, John, Kilo and I wanted to speak with Koras and Kayz, but the opportunity did not arise. I quited the clan only after I spoke with them. And you probably know it, but you never want to loose a chance to attack me. I didn't speak with you because I have my reasons to not like your character.

About this subject, Kilo asked me to open this thread before he did it. I answered him that since I knew NNNs are not interesting in it, it wouldn't make sense for me to create it. But since he did it, I saw in this an opportunity to explain to a big amount of WA players my thoughts about it. Despite if you are not in agreement or if you didn't like anything that I said, I did it in a polite way and you don't have the right to came here with that language style towards me.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 02:15 AM by Ivo »

Offline Kayz

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2010, 04:48 AM »
I am disappointed of you, Ivo. There was no sense to mention private topics here.

I agree with Joschi. I don't need a merge now, I like our community, it's strong and active. Yes in a far future we can think about a merge, when it works without problems, but for now I don't need it. There are also negative aspects in TUS I don't need to mention. I respect TUS, and I like many players here, but we had too many senseless discussions about TNL, SD etc with people like pr, TenoriTaiga, that I just don't feel well here.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:51 AM by Kayz »

Offline Joschi

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2010, 11:12 AM »
I was wondering when you would do this post, with a personal attack against me. But I knew that would be at your first in this discussion.
You're welcome, I hope I didn't disappointed you.

So you talked to the NNN members of your wish (can you remember at my reproach, that you split the clan in worth, no-worth members?  :-*), so far, so good. But I suppose you still didn't got - from your point of view - a satisfying answer there. So you decided to leave the clan and make your frustration public. Okey, still, everybody can make his own opinion about this. But going on to presume here in this thread to know the reasons, why the majority of the clan rejects the merge (because of a lack of humbleness?! Humbleness, what a verbalism!! Give me an exemple where you can't use this reproach.) goes too far. Even for you, Ivo. What you call 'proud' I just call 'identity with a community'. Actually it is this from what a community lives.
It's really gay to speak for our clan, since 1) Kilo asked for TUS guys opinion 2) You aren't a member of our clan, moreover, as you saied on your own, you couldn't identify yourself with the clan. But for outstanding people it seems like you could be an insider, that's why I think you only utilize this to gain persuasiveness for your posts. And that is the only reason why I posted here.

Maybe it's a silly question from me, but did you guys already discussed a merge of a2b and TUS?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:17 AM by Joschi »