Forums
May 11, 2024, 11:53 AM

Author Topic: NNN merging with TUS  (Read 7618 times)

Offline Ivo

Re: NNN merging with TUS
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2010, 12:40 PM »
I am disappointed of you, Ivo. There was no sense to mention private topics here.
Hey mate, give me an example of a private topic that I spoke more than I should, here, and take into account if it was me who pulled it here.

Joschi, it seems you can't focus on the subject without use some other subjects (misrepresenting them) that hasn't nothing to do with this, only to denigrate my image. I just don't know if you make it for free, or like a good "politician" way, you are only using the well known tactic of, instead really discussing what matters, denigrate the people that are against your ideas and gain the credit of the audience in this way. I could use a set of occurred facts against you, that hasn't nothing to do with this, but I could easily arrange a way to relate it to your posts and bring it here. But I prefer not lower the level.
You used one single line of many things that I wrote here to start your offensive against me. The line when I used "Humbleness, prouds, rivalries" in a general but understandable meaning. I used it because I still think that are very important reasons that don't let a merge happens. I was not the first who used these words (but you chose me) and I'm sure that the persons who started to use them, didn't discussed this subject so much as I did, before this thread... believe me, the things that was told me in the discussions that I had, totally justify those words! I just don't want to say more about it, to not follow your style. That's why I spoke in a general way.

But backing to the subject that really matters. I have troubles to understand the argument of the preference to play in a small community. Don't the NNNs stay happy to watch "newcomers" reaching ONL? Don't you stay happy if ONL activity grow? I really would like to go more deep in this (no irony), because it can be very worthy to this subject.

Offline Kilobyte

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2010, 01:14 PM »
denigrate? What else was what you said on NNN shoutbox? Trying to set me as I said "undesirable acronym"? About private things, look back what you wrote: what I should stop, what brand new thing? (I hope Kayz thought of it) Dont talk "going low level" because you already did that!  >:(

Offline Joschi

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2010, 02:37 PM »
Sorry, but your huge humbleness should forbid you to claim about my low level of discussion.

I don't want to win anyone's credits, I just clearify our clans position. The actuall discussion about the topic also don't run here in this thread. That's the reason why I only corrected - from my point of view - your exxagerations/things which could be misinterpreted from the community.

I don't have to take your line of "Humbleness, prouds, rivalries", I can also contradict your statistic of hosted games since 2003-today, meaning - from your point of view - that TUS let raised the number of hosted games. What about the fact, that more and more WWP players settled over to W:A, due to T17 refusal in year 2003(?) to release and devellope updates. I toke the change about 2007, most wormers I know changed 2006. Since then I only play W:A. But I don't know the birth of TUS, but I guess TUS grow up due to the new strenght and high amount of W:A players. But I doubt the validity of your argument, that the "system TUS" increased the games. Moreover the inverse is real.

My point is, that I think only the diversity safe our reached standing. You just can't deny that not everybody has to like TUS, not everybody has to like Facebook and so on...

... believe me, the things that was told me in the discussions that I had, totally justify those words! I just don't want to say more about it, to not follow your style. That's why I spoke in a general way.

I nowhere doubt your estimations. I just tried to show you, (1) that humbleness is a too strong verbalism for our case (actual it's only a game community and most of us don't know each other personal; in fact we spend some of our spare time here, instead of dying in borness  :D) (2) the synonym 'proud' is nothing negative.

Your way to talk in general is also dangerous, since you only give us 'hints', but never facts. So your posts might explode of generalities, but don't help us really. I prefere another way, also with the risk to touch someone. Sorry that I toke you, but it seemed that you are the loudest speaker in this thread and at the same time, since you are an ex-NNN member, also enjoy some public confidence for everything what is related with NNN. I might say sorry for my side-kicks of my previous post, but your recent comment in NNN shoutbox let me emote a bit.

The fact that I am against a merge doesn't mean that I don't admire MonkeyIslands's work and the fantastic develloppment of the whole system. It's a overwhelm running project and W:A without TUS isn't imageable anymore. But a continuation of the discussion wouldn't bring more benefits. The things are clearly setted. So long the OnL is still accepted of their members and the hoster, NNN clan, is standing unique behind the project, there is no reason to convince anyone.

That's from my part, I wish everybody a Happy New Year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:40 PM by Joschi »

Offline Ramone

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2011, 02:48 AM »
Maybe it's a silly question from me, but did you guys already discussed a merge of a2b and TUS?

a2b and b2b already use TUS forums, we are already merged with TUS in a way..
U can see a2b tourneys here, a2b Cup hosted here, b2b forums here.. We still play by a2b rules and have own site for league.. But we're here..
I think that NNN should keep their own league site and rankings and scheme as it is, just to merge with TUS with their forums and appearance..

We all know NNN'ers are the best intermediate players, we all know a2b'ers are the best BnG players, we all know TEL'ers are the best Elite players and so on..
Roper'ers are the only ones left to gather in 1 main community, and we have almost every "classic" scheme separated as a community and league..

And that's a good thing! We all play those schemes at their highest level.. All that I'm saying is that I think it would be cool if we could all have ONE place to gather and to talk.. About anything, from off topics to discussions on how to make things better for ourselves (as W:A community)..  ;x
Cause after all, we're all just lovers of ONE same game - W:A..

At the end of the day, it's only your (NNN's) choice and I would never disapprove your decision, I just think loud here and saying what I would like to see.. And although I know that U don't wanna do this merge, I still leave it in my head as a possibility.. How much optimistic is that..? ;x

Happy New year to all of ya anyway, hf hf! ;D