Forums
May 05, 2024, 03:37 PM

Author Topic: No anonymity for smite/applaud  (Read 7726 times)

Offline MunE

Re: No anonymity for smite/applaud
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 08:35 AM »
Is there a way to keep records of who smited who and who applauded who?  At the end of each week or month a report could be issued that would say basically who smited/applauded who and how many times... no explanations, just a record.  Although, that would probably be a lot of text, but maybe someone has an idea on how it could be organized?  This keeps the anonymity factor to an extent since you don't know who did it at the time and when and why someone smited/applauded and it also makes one think before using the karma system since their name will be revealed at the end of the month.  

Or something to show how many times someone has applauded/smited, not saying to who, but as an overall figure.  Also maybe something to show who has been applauded/smited as an overall figure.  Keeping anonymity, but showing who is active in using the system.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 08:54 AM »
Not a bad idea, a person who is generally close to 50-50 (smite-applaud) would have generally been equally sensible (or not, but its still fine!) to most ppl. Whereas someone who's consistently "smiting" would stand out

EDIT: i admit I nearly feel bad for seemingly taking this so seriously but I just think it would be a change for the better of our living space that is TUS :D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:56 AM by Desetroyah »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 08:56 AM »
I don't think removing anonymity would make things any better. There are trolls that will smite anyway, and they will even enjoy putting something for description like "I smite because I can!" or "Because he is gay". On the negative side it will discourage normal members to smite just because they are not looking for a fight or don't wanna make fuss/trouble.
So in a way, I "think" it will encourage trolls to smite more and on the other side, less deserved-smites.

As much as I, myself like and somehow trust the way karma system works, but you shouldn't read too much into it, nor get offended by smites.

I have been smited for 79 times. You Desetroyah 4 times.
However maybe a log like who has been applauded or smited could be fun or showing separate applauds and smites instead of summing them up.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:57 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 09:00 AM »
I have been smited for 79 times. You Desetroyah 4 times.

However maybe a log like who has been applauded or smited could be fun or showing separate applauds and smites instead of summing them up.

1) all 4 have been in the last 24hours though ;P

2)I agree with this suggestion, I admitted earlier that I was doubting my own initial suggestion cause I could see how it would actually be less balanced than the current system, so i think yours is a decent compromise :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 09:08 AM »
That's a good idea, instead of showing 1 figure, show both applauds and smites, +1

Offline Prankster

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 09:12 AM »
As much as I, myself like and somehow trust the way karma system works, but you shouldn't read too much into it, nor get offended by smites.

Well, that's what I wanted to say. :)

And Rok, you are right from a point. But people having the karma you are expected them to have doesn't necessarily means that the most people use it consequently.
Maybe I am wrong about saying the most of, but there are many people who doesn't use it the way as a mature person would. At least that's what I've experienced. :)

Offline nino

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2011, 09:24 AM »
The fact is that we see a lot of of post with the end like +1 for it and stuff.

It is hard to see -1 for it and stuff.

Peoples seems to be really afraid to say when they smite to dont get smites back, but when it is an applaud no problem in say +1, cos maybe you get an applaud back from this person hauhaua.

I have a lot of applauds, and maybe it shows how popular and cool iam , but it doesnot really matter cos king right? :D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2011, 09:30 AM »
The fact is that we see a lot of of post with the end like +1 for it and stuff.

It is hard to see -1 for it and stuff.

Peoples seems to be really afraid to say when they smite to dont get smites back, but when it is an applaud no problem in say +1, cos maybe you get an applaud back from this person hauhaua.

I have a lot of applauds, and maybe it shows how popular and cool iam , but it doesnot really matter cos king right? :D

Ppl hate cold....+1 better than -1 XD  

Edit: I will give myself a +1 (in my head) now because I'm very funny :P

Edit2: I decided it wasnt so funny so I slapped myself, never -1 :D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:38 AM by Desetroyah »

Offline nino

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2011, 10:06 AM »
k.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline HHC

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 10:41 AM »

Yeah, so you know which posts did you get smited/applauded  :)

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2011, 11:11 AM »
I hate minuses, I hate smites, leave +1 button only and all will be happy :P

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Rok

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2011, 11:26 AM »

Yeah, so you know which posts did you get smited/applauded  :)

I don't think MI meant that, but it would be interesting nonetheless. Reputation/time graph would be cool! :)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Alien

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2011, 02:04 PM »
the applaud/smite thing makes only sense to me, if it's not anonymous.
don't want to argue now why i think so, cause deset and others have all said...  :)

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2011, 02:25 PM »
Anyway MI, why don't you put it for 1 week to see the results ? Worth nothing to try.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Agneau

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2011, 03:57 PM »
You deserve a smite for this topic !!! loool