Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:55 PM

Author Topic: Regarding TUS default design  (Read 2408 times)

Re: Regarding TUS default design
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 03:53 PM »
Well I did suggest another design here not saying it is a good one but I think it would be a good start for discussion.

Offline Ray

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 04:19 PM »
whoa.... ray, your the new f@#!ing drama queen...

that was sick and tasteless...

your only helping if everything is done how you want it, and what you say goes, and its all or nothing... gtfo

TUS NO WANT YOU BLOODCLOT HELP THAN MON!
I insist on doing it one way because I have a reason for it and I know for a fact that it just cannot work otherwise. I've been part of design teams and I know how the thought process works which leads to actual solutions, I want the best for this site, that's all.

This site needs a complete change of source code and one good graphic, not user submissions. Why is everything user-submissions here? Nevermind, nothing will ever change here, just people will leave and quality will decrease until it's going to be like WWP.
If by source code, you mean HTML output, yes. Since TUS2, it is possible to have a 100% different output on any part of TUS. From images to HTML tags etc etc...

TUS has changed a lot since its creation, I may have a lot of bad qualities as an admin, but one thing I have shown and that is I'm not afraid of change. However I can't change "user-submissions". I live in a country with total dictatorship and few people who think they are better than anyone and decide for us. Maybe that has exaggerated my point of view but I don't think I'm better than the community and I don't want to be considered as one. I'm one of them. If they need anything I'm here to help.

See, you have offered us to volunteer, but nothing is organized. If you want something to happen, you, as a leader, have to put a team together. That team would set up a conference, where you talk, discuss and try to find a way to solve the problem. First of course you have to find the problem. But like this, nothing is ever going to change.

If you are willing to do that, I'm offering you my help. But save the "what do you want community?" threads then. Put together a team of volunteers who know what to do and discuss with them, on Skype or whatever, what is to be done and then execute that. I am willing to help and be part of that.

Why a volunteer must need so much preparations before starting?

DarkOne is an example of volunteer work. I didn't even know the guy before and yet out of nowhere he popped on TUS and start making thing better. I'm a total newbie comparing to him, yet he started working on a website done by someone so much lower than him, also a website with so much criticism at the time he started.
THeDoGG is an example of volunteer work. He opened up his Photoshop and gave me illustrations of his design. Then he asked for TUS files to edit to suit his own design.
Xray99 was an example of volunteer work. Many of the things on TUS league, the way it looks and handles things are inspired by him.

It has been 4 years that TUS is using the same design concept. Its pro/cons are known to everybody. If you think you have the answer to a better design, great, but it would be only you, because there's nobody else interested in design to team you up with. No one has offered me any help since. There are many people whining of the current designs, but almost all of them don't wanna get bothered with or doesn't have the skill.

As mentioned by people, TUS is suffering from the design concept, mostly the way links are shown and create confusions. If someone has a solution, all it takes is to show us some image that how things/elements on TUS must get arranged. That must be done NOT by removing some major links. For example "Maps" is pointing to map database, you can't ease the design by removing maps link.

There's no need to go for the full design with codes and stuff at first. If a new design is done and that is what people use the most, it will become TUS's default design.
The problem lies elsewhere, namely: there is just too much stuff that this site does not need. At all. Why we'd need to discuss stuff with other people as a team is simply to get the answer for this: what can we remove?

And yes, we do need leaders! Even "the best democracy" needs leaders. A bad system is where leaders make decisions to get advantage out of them, while great leaders take responsibility for their actions and listens. That doesn't mean that everything should be accepted from anyone. I hope you get the difference.

Designing is much like that. You need a team, you need thoughts and ideas from people who know what they are talking about. Sorry if that sounds harsh... but that's how it leads to a solution.

For instance, when we at our company design a website for a client, the last thing we go with is the client's word and it's because they don't know what they need. They have a rough idea of what they might want, but we are the experts at how the clients can use their websites to get actual results, for example, bigger sales.

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Xray99 was an example of volunteer work. Many of the things on TUS league, the way it looks and handles things are inspired by him.

Well, then here's me praying another volunteer of his stature doesn't pop up anytime soon, since it appears you've made a rule out of accepting everything coming from a volunteer's craft house.

You don't need an artist to rank main page links in order of average clicks and then placing the bottom half in a more convenient space (out of my f@#!ing face we don't click that shit stop forcing us to stare at it).

The problem is, you don't want anything to do with design. You don't ask yourself any design questions when you release a feature or when you're working on it. Your only design rule is the more the better and that has brought up here. Keep blaming it on the lack of volunteers, but let's face it, this works on the basis of YOUR priorities, not the community's, and I'm pretty pissed of hearing otherwise because I'm not sure how in hell you believe I'll ever buy into that. People have been complaining about the design and structure of this website since basically the first two months, it's 4 years laters you're only talking about it or actually asking for public volunteer work, I've heard it since day one, "TUS, the league for newbies, not even operable by newbies".

So here's my master advice: stop doing shit just because you can.

Because good design is a synonym of progress.

heres my master advice: stop posting shit just because you can

seriously what kind of loser goes to a website of a game he doesnt even play just to be a critic, get a f@#!ing hobby or gf or something

MI has done great for this community, and im sure u couldnt do half the job he has

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 07:20 PM »

seriously what kind of loser goes to a website of a game he doesnt even play just to be a critic, get a f@#!ing hobby or gf or something

MI has done great for this community, and im sure u couldnt do half the job he has

is this a get a life post? good job, didn't expect much more from you, volunteer #1, in charge of the original, fully flawed official TUS schemes.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2012, 03:50 AM »
atleast i tried to help the community rather then hurt it, i think its funny that you mock a site that you visit so often, must not be that bad if some1 as cool as you visits it

anyways this topic doesnt need to be another flame war so im done

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 09:08 AM »
atleast i tried to help the community rather then hurt it, i think its funny that you mock a site that you visit so often, must not be that bad if some1 as cool as you visits it

I'm not mocking. Just saying a truth. Your schemes sucked and it took a while to convince everyone about it. The website has lots of things that could be better, if you don't like hearing it out because you're a fan, good for you, but don't come here telling others to get a life.

And thanks a lot for uploading the shit you had stored in your Schemes folder. It's the kind of volunteer work we don't need. I guess it offended you that I used you as an example. I'm deeply sorry.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012, 03:05 PM »

I'm not mocking. Just saying a truth. Your schemes sucked and it took a while to convince everyone about it. The website has lots of things that could be better, if you don't like hearing it out because you're a fan, good for you, but don't come here telling others to get a life.

And thanks a lot for uploading the shit you had stored in your Schemes folder. It's the kind of volunteer work we don't need. I guess it offended you that I used you as an example. I'm deeply sorry.

the schemes i uploaded were quickly altered with my name left on them(t17, shop, wxw) so u really have no idea what the ones i uploaded looked like... were they stored in my schemes folder yes, did they work fine with other leagues, yes... the leagues that u would say are better then this one

and a 5 yr old can offend me easier then you, people like u r pointless to talk to and i feel like a retard just for responding, if u wanna continue this take it elsewhere, make another thread or pm me... i probably wont read it but it gives u something to do

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012, 05:17 PM »

the schemes i uploaded were quickly altered with my name left on them(t17, shop, wxw) so u really have no idea what the ones i uploaded looked like... were they stored in my schemes folder yes, did they work fine with other leagues, yes... the leagues that u would say are better then this one

and a 5 yr old can offend me easier then you, people like u r pointless to talk to and i feel like a retard just for responding, if u wanna continue this take it elsewhere, make another thread or pm me... i probably wont read it but it gives u something to do

You don't get it. The schemes you provided this league with suck. Some of them were never used in leagues, they suck. Your schemes suck. They suck. Me and others had to constantly remind the staff how much they sucked until finally actions were taken and they got changed.

And please write properly. This is a forum, not an IM chat, you have unlimited time to write your messages please make sure they have a minimum readability seeing as contest wise they suck
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline HHC

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 09:04 PM »
I didn't see you submitting any scheme ropa, or even putting forth suggestions.

Were you waiting for the tooth fairy to conjure a rabbit out of a head with a list of perfect, God-send schemes?

You're calling a guy out who has done more for TUS or for worms in general than you've done for online, anonymous bitching. Give the guy some respect for crying out loud.

And btw, wooka's schemes are just fine. They have lasted all this time because half of the players didn't see the need for an update, while the other half just couldn't agree on simple fixes like putting in 2 clusters instead of 3.

Again, put your money where your mouth is and list everything that is wrong with these schemes that 'suck' so much, so that they may be fixed, or just shut the f@#! up.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 09:18 PM »
I didn't see you submitting any scheme ropa, or even putting forth suggestions.

You might have to look harder then. Or maybe you're already looking and cannot compute.Hey HHC, if I put a suggestion you don't like at all because you're all against league competition and the only reason you're here it's not that this is a league, but that this place has people you can actually talk to it's still a suggestion. Just figured I'd clarify.

You're calling a guy out who has done more for TUS or for worms in general than you've done for online, anonymous bitching. Give the guy some respect for crying out loud.

I don't understand the first sentence. Are you saying Wooka has done more for worms than I have? Valid opinion for someone on hold of so little facts. But what does it matter? Hitler has done more in politics than you ever have, or ever will.
About respect, you can sit here asking for respect for everyone while telling them to shut the f@#! up; my advice to you: stop wasting your own time, regardless of how much of it is free.

Again, put your money where your mouth is and list everything that is wrong with these schemes that 'suck' so much, so that they may be fixed, or just shut the f@#! up.

Many things have changed in TUS, including addition of new features that look to improve the competitive aspect per say. I wasn't the only one defending those changes, not at all. But I sure as hell was one of the vocals if not the main supporter of many of those changes that today are realities. Many of them I take it, over your dead body. Not asking for any credit mind.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 09:51 AM by ropa »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2012, 09:23 PM »
shut the f@#! up is right, ropa.

nice words HHC.

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2012, 01:22 AM »
well 4 years ago i might have had some shitty schemes according to some, this is what you were contributing at that time

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/trash-can/bng-27/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/trash-can/continue-the-story-31/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/trash-can/impersonation-29/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/trash-can/roperacer-28/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/trash-can/seasons-26/

some seem like reasonable questions but at the time he was harassing with an alias named TUSSUCKS(or something similar was too long to remember) which has changed to ropa now, i guess thats better then adding some "shitty schemes" when no1 else was willing too

and ropa ill type as i damn well please, im not writing an article im writing to an arrogant prick
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:28 AM by WookA »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2012, 09:47 AM »
well 4 years ago i might have had some shitty schemes according to some, this is what you were contributing at that time

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/trash-can/bng-27/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/trash-can/continue-the-story-31/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/trash-can/impersonation-29/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/trash-can/roperacer-28/

some seem like reasonable questions but at the time he was harassing with an alias named TUSSUCKS(or something similar was too long to remember) which has changed to ropa now, i guess thats better then adding some "shitty schemes" when no1 else was willing too

and ropa ill type as i damn well please, im not writing an article im writing to an arrogant prick

Nice quotes from 4 years ago, are you trying to prove I was trolling the hell out of a league that wasn't ready to get launched but did anyway lacking essential things such as rules or even simple explanations on how a season worked? Because if that's what you're trying to prove, congratulations, you've succeeded, now what exactly are you trying to argument with all this?

It's pretty simple buddy. I used you as proof that volunteer work still has to be moderated and cannot just be taken with open arms. Not everyone can contribute. It seems it really got to you. Now please stay on topic, fishing quotes from half a decade ago just to get back at me isn't getting you any results, it doesn't affect me the slightest, it's not going to change anyone's opinion on me and it doesn't take away the fact that you cannot take volunteer work from anyone just because, specially someone with so little perspective such as yourself.

Your time in this thread have been nothing short of disappointing. You get all offended I dare use your idiocy as an example of idiocy. You come here all mad, typing in AIM slang using street insults and acting all worked up. After my reply, you act like a grown up, tell everyone you're not getting into an argument. All act, mind. You come back with quotes from years ago just because your butt feels hurt about something I've said. You haven't stopped one minute to try and dismiss what I said or prove me wrong, all you've done, is, like a little child would do, try to find shit in my closet because your butt, it's still hurt. What's next? You're gonna bless everyone's ears with stories about how ropa treats idiots like shit?
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2012, 10:11 AM »
dude, wtf??? ...

Offline philie

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2012, 01:08 PM »
this thread has turned from something that might have become useful to a total waste of time.