Forums
May 04, 2024, 04:44 PM

Author Topic: Statik aliasing  (Read 14916 times)

Offline Devilage

Re: Statik aliasing
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2013, 02:49 PM »
there are so many space bar abusers and cheaters, they will never come out the closet tho coz pussies

Smoking proud.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2013, 03:19 PM »
there are so many space bar abusers and cheaters, they will never come out the closet tho coz pussies

xD

Offline Anubis

« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2013, 05:13 PM »
Man I was hoping this is a new thread, TUS been so uninteresting to read. You can tell W:A is dead by the lack of drama.

« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2013, 05:25 PM »
ok time for new alias :<

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Anubis

« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2013, 05:25 PM »
Thanks for your effort statik! :)

Offline rUNaW4y

• “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear”

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2023, 09:43 AM »
Although this point has been clarified a long time ago, it would have been hard to figure out Statik answering himself as Sir-J:

http://worms.org.ua/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1672&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 10:22 AM by rUNaW4y »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2023, 03:32 PM »
Statik still aliasing, can't believe it he is making us look like clowns. When will TUS intervene? :(

I always thought FlowingWater> franz was the magnum opus in impostering, but Statik=Sir-J is a timeless classic. I hope nullum comes back one day to continue his investigations, he is our only hope at this point.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 03:34 PM by Anubis »

Offline rUNaW4y

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2023, 03:46 PM »
Statik still aliasing, can't believe it he is making us look like clowns. When will TUS intervene? :(

I always thought FlowingWater> franz was the magnum opus in impostering, but Statik=Sir-J is a timeless classic. I hope nullum comes back one day to continue his investigations, he is our only hope at this point.

Well, I do not know if you caught up Statik recently in AG with some alias, but my post is meant to be a clear proof that Statik and Sir-j are different players in the end XD. Otherwise, he has created a profile named Sir-J on that forum to talk with himself, which does not make so much sense lol.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2023, 05:57 PM »
well i always thought statik was sirj, and that was always the running joke around here.  some people told me its not the same person, and maybe its true.  replying to yourself to reinforce an alias story that only a few people actually care about sounds like a lot to do, so possibly they are different people.  then again, some people are crazy like this so who knows.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2023, 06:51 PM »
I demand video proof and retroactively disqualify every game played until this situation has been resolved. Statik and Sir-J continue to laugh behind our backs, which is crazy considering they are the same person, how do they even do that? They have brain-washed us so much, that we say "them, they" instead of "him, his".  :-X
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 06:53 PM by Anubis »

Offline rUNaW4y

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2023, 07:24 PM »
I demand video proof and retroactively disqualify every game played until this situation has been resolved. Statik and Sir-J continue to laugh behind our backs, which is crazy considering they are the same person, how do they even do that? They have brain-washed us so much, that we say "them, they" instead of "him, his".  :-X

Well, I just found this trace on a Russian website as a (potential) proof, but in any case: this is just a game for me, and I do not care so much if they are the same person or if they are different ones, lol. The only thing that I enjoy is playing against skilled people regardless the nickname they wear.

Peace,
rUNaW4y

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2023, 08:00 PM »
Aliases should never be encouraged.

If you want to alias as a bit of fun for games that have no effect on anyone... Fair enough, I've did that myself.

It's a completely different thing though when you start aliasing and taking part in competitive areas of gaming where the results are recorded and compared to other people who put a lot of time and effort into also participating in those recorded statistics.

It's simply not acceptable and should be discouraged with the highest effort.

It's also important for competitive competition at the highest level to know who you are playing against, as being able to study your opponents before big matches is a VERY important aspect of competitive competition in life in general!

A lot of us have even lost track of who is who in the cases where some people changed their names a while back. That isn't actually that big a problem, people are ok to rebrand their name, but when that happens at least they inform MonkeyIsland to change their name, instead of creating multiple accounts.

I personally like having the best representation of genuine statistics as possible.

Not to mention I personally feel like people who alias in competitive competition are not only cowards, but extremely childish.

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2023, 08:31 PM »
I'm more concerned about another thing, namely the extinction of the pro players of the Russian segment

analyzing situations that happened a very long time ago does not make sense.

it is a story whose archives should teach each of us something.

Offline rUNaW4y

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2023, 08:33 PM »
Aliases should never be encouraged.

If you want to alias as a bit of fun for games that have no effect on anyone... Fair enough, I've did that myself.

It's a completely different thing though when you start aliasing and taking part in competitive areas of gaming where the results are recorded and compared to other people who put a lot of time and effort into also participating in those recorded statistics.

It's simply not acceptable and should be discouraged with the highest effort.

It's also important for competitive competition at the highest level to know who you are playing against, as being able to study your opponents before big matches is a VERY important aspect of competitive competition in life in general!

A lot of us have even lost track of who is who in the cases where some people changed their names a while back. That isn't actually that big a problem, people are ok to rebrand their name, but when that happens at least they inform MonkeyIsland to change their name, instead of creating multiple accounts.

I personally like having the best representation of genuine statistics as possible.

Not to mention, I personally feel like people who alias in competitive competition are not only cowards, but extremely childish.

I personally do not play competitive games at all, making the exception for the two cups I am still in (which actually was more a need than an intention, that I am not going to explain), so I do not have any personal concern about people who alias and beat me, but this is my personal opinion.

If you care about points on a website, probably I can still understand your point of view (which is fair) but event though you can face two possible options:

1) random aliasing people who will gain some points from you or someone else (in case of a defeat) then will stop using their alias because the trolling scope is over (so that you will have your points back in a few games against "official" people), or

2) he/they will keep his/ their new alias/s for a long time so that you will need to deal with them for a long time (no issues in this case, I guess. You will deal with a new opponent, although he is someone who aliases).

Is this still an issue?

Nothing personal here of course, I am just expressing my point of view about this topic, although I am aware that maybe I am not involved enough in competitive games.

Peace,
rUNaW4y

Offline rUNaW4y

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2023, 08:43 PM »
I'm more concerned about another thing, namely the extinction of the pro players of the Russian segment

analyzing situations that happened a very long time ago does not make sense.

it is a story whose archives should teach each of us something.

The only thing that I got from your statements is that you would like to ban Russian people, right?
Is that democratic/fair?

Are you driven by a war occurring in Ukraine which I am, personally speaking, aware of and worried about of course?

If so, you are not so different from who is performing this war, dude.

A lot of people are dead, but it seems you are still having your chair to play Worms Armageddon, so what is your concern about? Would banning Russian people from this game solve a national issue? Come on, just try to be not a hypocrite.

Come on dudes, WTF.. 34 years old people or 14 years old people, black people or white people, Christians or Muslims, from Ukraine or Russia, from Italy or USA.. aren't we still all brothers here?

In any case, what does this have to do with the topic we are discussing here, @Lancelot?

Peace,
rUNaW4y
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 08:50 PM by rUNaW4y »