Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:15 PM

Author Topic: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released  (Read 23776 times)

Offline nizikawa

Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.1.0 released
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2021, 09:49 PM »
you just ruined the whole online gaming a bit nizikawa, and you also managed to put oldtimer and newbie players in a situation in which they are seriously thinking of rather not even playing any games anymore other than races (or schemes where you play with 1-2 worms)
thanks bro 'priciate it :D

the community got even thinner by this. but hey, at least you don't need to waste too much paper and pen at your home anymore :) ;D

hero of 2021 <3 :-*

Thanks for your valuable input, Lupastic.
I have taken your suggestions into consideration and as result I was able to develop a new, improved wormkit module to address the issues of wkWormOrder just for you.
I hope you will enjoy using this new module.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 21, 2021, 09:55 PM »
I will never understand how someone can just be against a module without any context. You can be against a module being used in a league, or being used in a particular scheme. But there will always be people who will like the module, especially casual players. There are also people who might want to create their own scheme or tournament using the module as a requirement in the games. If you think that the mere existence of a module can harm the competitive scene, you should be concerned about creating an anti-cheat system to prevent people using private modules etc., rather than creating obstacles for what will improve the game experience of some people.

Offline Sycotropic

« Reply #197 on: September 21, 2021, 10:40 PM »
and Syc, I think you are the one whom I have seen somewhere doing a... weapon tracker module? :D really :D :D you really want to make this game as dumb as possible
how more committed you could be. :)

Nope, you're incorrect -- I made a separate program for weapon tracking, not a module. And I don't think any of us said that we would use this module in a competitive context without it being explicitly allowed. You need to get your facts straight and stop being so condescending, it makes you look petty. :)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2021, 03:22 AM »
I don't know if I was the only one who did this, but I actually installed wkSuckMyCock.dll LOL

I wonder if it has hidden features besides those messages when you double click WA icon.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2021, 10:01 AM »
I have taken your suggestions into consideration and as result I was able to develop a new, improved wormkit module to address the issues of wkWormOrder just for you.
I hope you will enjoy using this new module.

Sorry but could you explain these updates? I've not followed the convo here on TUS forums but been involved and as everyone knows I see this module as cheating and expressed this several times on discord discussions.

There is a situation now (maybe it's change and your fixes have solved the problem?) where some use of the module occurred against Dario. He no longer will play players with worm names that aren't 1-8 because the module could be being used without knowledge and someone can cheat if they randomize or change their own worm names every game, but have the order displayed above those names, without the opponent knowing they are doing this.

Could you please provide more detail on the updates you've made to address the possible cheating?

I believe the module should be banned across all league games and competitive games and players using it should have their games voided. I also believe you shouldn't be allowed to agree to use the module. (I've said all this on discord..)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 24, 2021, 10:06 AM »
Could you please provide more detail on the updates you've made to address the possible cheating?

Did you see the name of the attachment? :D

I believe the module should be banned across all league games and competitive games and players using it should have their games voided. I also believe you shouldn't be allowed to agree to use the module. (I've said all this on discord..)

So, I am forced to memorize the name of the worms and the sequence of all my teams because you consider this an important "skill"? If yes, I think I'm in the wrong game. Me and my opponent, if we want, can't we see our teams from 1 to 8?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 10:12 AM by Albus »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2021, 10:17 AM »

Did you see the name of the attachment? :D

So, I am forced to memorize the name of the worms and the sequence of all my teams because you consider this an important "skill"? If yes, I think I'm in the wrong game. Me and my opponent, if we want, can't we see our teams from 1 to 8?

I've just seen it and such a shame, perhaps nizikawa is up for hearing the complaints and points being raised by several members of the community who are passionate about strategic default schemes where memorizing worm order, and memorizing many other elements of this game is a measurement of your skill.

I think your in the wrong game and you are cheating in default schemes, perhaps you'd enjoy single worm schemes more?

I'm not saying you can't use the module casually in worms, but what I'm saying is its cheating in league matches if you use it.

tracking worm order manually is an important element of schemes with 8 worms, (even 4 but a lot easier to do manually). I don't want to repeat everything I've said on discord over and over.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 24, 2021, 10:22 AM »
I think your in the wrong game and you are cheating in default schemes, perhaps you'd enjoy single worm schemes more?

Many years playing intermediate without realizing that in fact I don't like this scheme :o

So am I a cheater for you? Good to know. But tell me which TUS rule I broke.

By the way, what do you think of players who use a piece of paper as a ruler on the monitor screen to get more accuracy with some weapons? Who does this is cheater for you? I know some pro players who do (or did) this. If this is cheating for you, I would like to see you call them cheaters here in public too.

I'm not saying you can't use the module casually in worms, but what I'm saying is its cheating in league matches if you use it.

tracking worm order manually is an important element of schemes with 8 worms, (even 4 but a lot easier to do manually). I don't want to repeat everything I've said on discord over and over.

It is not cheat if the opponent has the same right.

If both players want to show their team order, that's their problem. To want to prevent this is to disproportionately interfere with the players' autonomy. I think this is complete nonsense.

If I want to create a tournament using a variation of intermediate where the order of the enemy team must be explicit and automatically show the weapons used by the enemy? Couldn't I do this? Aren't people free to create their own schemes and rules?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 12:24 PM by Albus »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #203 on: September 24, 2021, 12:37 PM »

Many years playing intermediate without realizing that in fact I don't like this scheme :o

By the way, what do you think of players who use a piece of paper as a ruler on the monitor screen to get more accuracy with some weapons? Who does this is cheater for you? I know some pro players who do (or did) this. If this is cheating for you, I would like to see you call them cheaters here in public too.

If both players want to show their team order, that's their problem. To want to prevent this is to disproportionately interfere with the players' autonomy. I think this is complete nonsense.

If I want to create a tournament using a variation of intermediate where the order of the enemy team must be explicit and automatically show the weapons used by the enemy? Couldn't I do this? Aren't people free to create their own schemes and rules?

It's cheating and you already cheated against Dario by creating random names for your team but displayed the order above them secretly, without him knowing.

You've used a 3rd party tool to give you a competitive advantage in league games and cheated. You are the only league player arguing for these modules, because your hands are already dirty and you have a guilty conscience of cheating IMO.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2021, 12:42 PM »

It's cheating and you already cheated against Dario by creating random names for your team but displayed the order above them secretly, without him knowing.

You've used a 3rd party tool to give you a competitive advantage in league games and cheated. You are the only league player arguing for these modules, because your hands are already dirty and you have a guilty conscience of cheating IMO.

Was there any rule prohibiting the use of this module function (ie, see your own team order) in the league? Not that I know. So I'm not a cheater. You are making serious accusations against me.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 12:50 PM by Albus »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2021, 12:55 PM »
Cheating by any program is highly forbidden. Anyone caught on cheating may be banned for the whole season (at the moderators discretion).
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 24, 2021, 12:56 PM »
Cheating by any program is highly forbidden. Anyone caught on cheating may be banned for the whole season (at the moderators discretion).

Where is it written that it is forbidden to use this module to see my team's sequence?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #207 on: September 24, 2021, 01:39 PM »

Albus - I think the key element is the 'Any' program to cheat.

gg

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 24, 2021, 01:41 PM »

Albus - I think the key element is the 'Any' program to cheat.

gg

I don't think wkwormorder is cheating and I've discussed this in the past, giving several arguments. If there's a rule prohibiting it, I don't use it. Until then, you have no right to attack my honor.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2021, 02:18 PM »

You're attacking my honor here and in discord, calling me a cheater. If you guys consider me a cheater, I don't deserve to play the league anymore and I won't play the PO of allround season. If the accusation is false, I hope that some decision will be made about it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 02:20 PM by Albus »