Forums
April 27, 2024, 10:43 PM

Author Topic: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released  (Read 23518 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.1.0 released
« Reply #255 on: September 25, 2021, 09:32 AM »
Blank names should not be allowed. And we have to presume people's good faith. If people don't have good faith, they can also hack the module and create a new one to not send a message when it activates the /order command to see the order of the enemy team.

Offline Sycotropic

« Reply #256 on: September 25, 2021, 10:07 AM »
At this point to ensure fairness, I'd rather just have a rule that both sides need to state their team order before the match, which is something I'll do from now on either way.

And for most Inter / 80-normal matches, both sides already know each other's order anyway, so this wouldn't change much imo.

I just don't want to do this through a mod since people should be able to play league games with just the regular game, though showing team order would be fine if we wanted to do it as an official feature.

Well spoken! An alternative to stating team order at the beginning of a match would be registering a team file and having a rule that you'll use that team file throughout the cup, so that anyone can look up anyone else's team at any time. But really a scheme option would be best.

I wonder if nizikawa could add a feature to the module to print out your own worm order at the beginning of a match?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #257 on: September 25, 2021, 10:12 AM »
In my opinion is that memory is a skill in relation to Worms Armageddon. I have never thought of the Idea to use physical assisted tools (PAT) such as pen, papers and rulers. I have always tried to rely on my memory even if it can fail now and then, and that's what I think is the point and charm of the game. This is one reason why I don't play Intermediate much because I respect the memory aspect of it.

On the other hand I can understand and sympathize with people that wants this tool to be used in the league. WormsOrder is like an aid for those who can struggle little extra with memory. They simply don't want to be ostracized of the league and labelled as cheaters because of the memory aid tool. They just want even playing field with the rest of the participants, because after we don't ''know'' if anyone would use PAT method.

There is a reason there is a paralympics. If I would use WormOrder in this league I think I would feel shame, because I would know that even if this tool is convenient it wouldn't be right to use it here in competitive play.  Basically I would feel dumb down. 

All the way to now we have never thought about WormsOrder, and I think we should continue without it and only accept it to be used in casual games.  If there are new or old schemes created specifically for WO to come, then I suggest host tournaments and cups to see the popularity of it.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 25, 2021, 10:18 AM »
I understand that some don't accept to use the module to see the opponent team's order. I think this function should only be used by mutual agreement. That's why the module sends a message when you activate this function.

But the function of seeing my own team's order? To be against this is to be purely masochistic. If I want to change my team so that I don't give my opponent the opportunity to know the order, then does that mean I have to sit 10 minutes, before EVERY MATCH, to create a new team and have to memorize it? And if I want to create multiple teams just for the pleasure of using new names etc., will I also have to keep memorizing it every time? C'mon. Why we need live with this tedious part of the game? The module just eliminates that annoying pre-game ridiculous and boring task which is a waste of life time! This is why I say the module increase people QoL in the game.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 10:32 AM by Albus »

Offline nizikawa

« Reply #259 on: September 25, 2021, 10:21 AM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 05:22 AM by nizikawa »

Offline Sycotropic

« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2021, 12:17 AM »
Well spoken! An alternative to stating team order at the beginning of a match would be registering a team file and having a rule that you'll use that team file throughout the cup, so that anyone can look up anyone else's team at any time. But really a scheme option would be best.

I wonder if nizikawa could add a feature to the module to print out your own worm order at the beginning of a match?

I can add a command to lobby or game chat - something like "/order print" would send a chat message with the order of worms belonging to you.
Doing this in game chat is effortless with current code, doing this in lobby requires some additional work.

Doing it in-game is great because it gets added to the replay.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2021, 04:28 PM »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline StepS

« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2021, 10:56 PM »
I am disappointed, I looked through this whole thread in the hopes of finding a user with the "Muted" status so I could grab its image for discord, but noone was in mute or under observation, this is such a letdown
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #263 on: September 30, 2021, 03:04 PM »
I am disappointed, I looked through this whole thread in the hopes of finding a user with the "Muted" status so I could grab its image for discord, but noone was in mute or under observation, this is such a letdown

« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 03:07 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2021, 06:01 PM »

nino is warned
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline cgar

« Reply #265 on: October 01, 2021, 02:21 AM »

Offline nizikawa

Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released
« Reply #266 on: October 02, 2021, 07:47 PM »
Version 1.2.0 has been released.

Now, the worm order is disabled by default. To enable it, type /order my (only your worms) or /order all (all worms).
Issuing any of those commands sends a warning message to chat and also lists order of all worms belonging to you.

Custom team format now includes additional tag: {wins}  - it shows the number of team wins in match.
Download in OP or my github.

Offline Sycotropic

« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2021, 07:54 PM »
Great changes, thanks!

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2021, 08:57 PM »
good changes, this makes it easier to know when the module is in use.

Offline Hamyachila

« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2022, 10:11 AM »
Great mod! I always give all my worms order in the name, anyway. Something like Worm 1, Worm 2, Worm 3 and so on.