Forums
May 04, 2024, 05:46 PM

Author Topic: Bot for Newbies on #AG. We need a pro to write IT !!!!!  (Read 7098 times)

Offline MeTonaTOR

Re: Bot for Newbies on #AG. We need a pro to write IT !!!!!
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2015, 12:55 PM »
So do anyone care about this?  :D what about doing something? :D

I think all we need to do is making a community with a private board and we can start to make threads ;)

Anyone in? I think we need 2-3 players who can maintain the base english text and 1-1 player who will translate it into his/her language.

DOS sounds like a decent idea for private forum.
And i am in :)
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline Tomi

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2015, 01:17 PM »
Wow, we are 2 already :D

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2015, 02:59 PM »
Berria or whoever is caring about please give me the spec I have 3 h to kill today which should be enough for it.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2015, 03:19 PM »
I posted a thread in DOS already, please take a look at it ;)

Offline Tomi

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2015, 05:30 PM »
I am working on a tutorial handbook for new players. Who are willing to translate that text into his/her own language? (30 minutes of work).

In my opinion there should be made a subforum for this project (like the subforum of the promotion project) and there we could make topics like "Newbie guide book - English", "Newbie guide book - Deutsch", etc. Depending on the flag of the player in #AG the player would get a message on his/her own language with a link to the proper topic. In the subforum the text of the "guide book" could be maintain easily by the team of the moderators of that subforum. What do you think?

Btw in parallel the development of the bot could be started if you are up to that Zexorz ;)

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2015, 05:45 PM »
I will be pro in next 3.5 years. ::)

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2015, 02:16 PM »
Bot is called HelloBot. If you want a different message or more please feel free to ask.
Edit: There was an issue with a module. Should be fixed now. Please let me know if you see anything.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:47 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline avirex

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2015, 01:18 PM »
I am working on a tutorial handbook for new players. Who are willing to translate that text into his/her own language? (30 minutes of work).

In my opinion there should be made a subforum for this project (like the subforum of the promotion project) and there we could make topics like "Newbie guide book - English", "Newbie guide book - Deutsch", etc. Depending on the flag of the player in #AG the player would get a message on his/her own language with a link to the proper topic. In the subforum the text of the "guide book" could be maintain easily by the team of the moderators of that subforum. What do you think?

Btw in parallel the development of the bot could be started if you are up to that Zexorz ;)

whats going on with this project??   

I think TomI is right, there should be another sub-forum made dedicated to nubs...

so far we have at the top
"General Discussion"
"Tech Support"
"Promotion Project"

the promotion project is pretty much dead it seems, but i would not suggest to remove it, maybe at some point in time some wormers will get a second wind at promoting the game again... it would be nice!!

but i think TUS really needs a sub-forum dedicated to the newbs, and being at the top of the forums would be ideal, being if your a newb, this site could be very overwhelming.

so i suggest it goes something like this.
"General Discussion"
"New to worms? click here for help" (or something similar... something direct, and newb friendly)
"Tech Support"
"Promotion Project"

we really need to start being more proactive towards helping the newbs, the newbs are W:A's future... without getting new players to the game, it will eventually die, i would say that a newb friendly sub-forum is equally as important, if not more important as the promotion project sub-forum.

after we get this sub-forum, im sure everyone can pitch in with things to help the newbs.. people will help translate, maybe others can make .GIF tutorials, maybe others will make a thread dedicated to important links the newbs should know. etc.

after the sub-forum is made, i would suggest to have a MOD of that sub-forum, and have very strict rules in that sub-forum, (absolutely no spam, or clutter of any kind) the newb friendly sub-forum has to remain neat, direct, and simple at all times... its a place strictly for newbs, not for anybody else (unless they would be there to help)

i am volunteering my time and efforts to assume responsibility of MOD in the newb sub-forum.  i doubt that i will be given the position, and that's fine... just letting it be known i am an option :p
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:25 PM by avirex »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2015, 09:02 PM »
Well, the tutorial is kind of ready.. maybe 1 or 2 topics are missing, but that will be noticed by newbies if we can send them the link. Anyway it's here: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/dos-help/newbie-guide-book-26874/

Right now I guess zippeurfou is trying to make the bot working. It is the HelloBot in #ag.

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2015, 12:41 AM »
I am also logging everything that happen in #ag.
I can implement commands to help you search for user/message/action.. Anything you wish (like the old !seen).
If you wish a feature just ask.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2015, 06:26 AM »
I dont see any informations when i loggin in.
How ur bot works Fada?

EDIT.

I dont see any informations whn i loggin in.
How ur bot works Fada?
It gives information to new nicks.

Awesome, gonna check.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:30 AM by Berria »

Offline rU`

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2015, 06:32 AM »
I dont see any informations whn i loggin in.
How ur bot works Fada?
It gives information to new nicks.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline avirex

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2015, 10:03 PM »
its great.. very nice.. but this is just a one time thing for new players/new nicks??

they can not access this information again, unless they change nick??

i think TUS should also have a spot to help the newbs... the newbs are w:a future! no newbs, no w:a! :(

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2015, 11:32 PM »
@Avi: I am not found of spamming new nick several time because I don't want it to be too intrusive. However, if you were to have a new player forum with nice guide I could just guide them there.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2015, 04:49 PM »
As I know the bot is running for a week right now.

I checked the number  of views of the tutorial topic on 19th May, then it was 109. Today it was 172, so right now the topic was seen 63 times in a week. More than half of these views were made by people who doesn't have tus account or wasn't logged in.

It's not a bad result I guess, however I am sure it could be improved if we would send the link more than once. Especially, because I guess nobody really knows how to find that topic, a beginner is fully chanceless. In my opinion if we join #AG via the game then it's not annoying at all to get a link everytime. Fada, you can easily differentiate people who are in #AG via snoopers and who are using the game. (Btw for snooper users it would be really annoying to get the message everytime in my opinion.)

And is the topic useful? Yes, I would say. Because I could easily give Ninja information about how to update the game or modify the graphics settings ;)