Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:37 PM

Author Topic: Ideas for version 3.9 and/or 4.0 update/patch.  (Read 22970 times)

Offline Kradie

Re: Ideas for version 3.9 and/or 4.0 update/patch.
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2022, 02:54 AM »
Does Team17 care? No.. they haven't been actively involved in W:A development for like 20 years..

Deadcode? Of course he cares and reads suggestions, but you have to remember that he's seen thousands of suggestions and also already has a massive backlog of more core and important work to do on W:A. I think http://feedback.worms2d.info/forums/5998-worms-armageddon is probably a better way to discuss and surface suggestions anyways, as it has a more structured way to show consensus.
But of course it is easier to analyze the popularity of public suggestion on there however, not everybody knows about it, and it shouldn't hurt for Deadcode to pop in here once in a while to rub his chin and think to himself ''Hmm, Interesting''.

Team17 doesn't care sure but who made the 3.8 Trailer for WA?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 02:58 AM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2022, 06:11 AM »
I had pointed Deadcode to this thread long ago. So yes he knows about this and he said he will inform Team17 the next time they communicate. He also mentioned he is not very optimistic that the idea would go through.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2022, 06:13 AM »
I had pointed Deadcode to this thread long ago. So yes he knows about this and he said he will inform Team17 the next time they communicate. He also mentioned he is not very optimistic that the idea would go through.
That's a very optimistic piece of Info to share. Thank you. :)

Offline Korydex

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2022, 07:04 AM »
OutofOrder

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2022, 09:54 AM »

It's still astonishing to me that WA.exe has been supported by you guys for this many years. We sure have more wonderful people looking after this gem game, than... tibia has... or diablo 2 has... You guys are the best. Especially you MonkeyIsland.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 09:57 AM by GonZaLO »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2022, 10:06 AM »
OutofOrder
It's a pretty good trailer :)

Offline rUNaW4y

• “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear”

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2022, 10:26 AM »
Real Time Rope Race would be a good feature. People say "It would be difficult to handle this due to connectivity issues" but let me notice that a lot of games support real time features and the same principle could work even for WA (if it could not, just explain why). Bests.

Online Sensei

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2022, 02:13 PM »
I think people are talking about latency issues, Runaway. Real time feature would be awesome. But how would you, from Italy, play rope race against Stoner from Uruguay - for example?

If server is from UK, people from South America would have approx 250 ping. While you'd be smooth roping with <50ms.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2022, 06:41 PM »
Real Time Rope Race would be a good feature. People say "It would be difficult to handle this due to connectivity issues" but let me notice that a lot of games support real time features and the same principle could work even for WA (if it could not, just explain why). Bests.
think of how much carpal tunnel would be created by real time rope race, would be an epidemic!

woud like to see this feature eventually though

Offline Kradie

« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2022, 05:15 PM »
During hot seat time, have the option to change what wind you want blue or red and what wind strength you want it it.

Offline leafsaber47

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2022, 03:40 PM »
W:A definitely needs changes to its primitive CPU AI in the next update. Currently, CPU worms cannot backflip (Backspace twice) and is unable to use a massive amount of weapons. I know this may negatively affect single-player missions, but it's easy to remove weapons from CPUs in certain missions (1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 13, 16, 18, 19, 20, 26, 27) that they weren't able to use before - as long as they were weapons the CPU worms weren't able to use in previous versions of W:A. Not sure about CPU worms in missions becoming able to backflip though - impacting most of the difficulty in the single-player campaign, but it's not much of an impact compared to CPU worms actually using homing weapons in missions, especially mission 13, where the single ammo of Patsy's Magic Bullet they have can actually be used.

List of CPU weapon usage logics to possibly implement that are derivative:
Battle Axe (Fire Punch)
Prod (Fire Punch)
Longbow (Shotgun)
Mine Strike (Air Strike)
Mole Strike (Air Strike)
Priceless Ming Vase (Dynamite)

List of CPU weapon usage logics to possibly implement that might be difficult but can be possible regarding later Worms games:
Homing Missile
Homing Pigeon
Patsy's Magic Bullet
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Armageddon
Scales of Balance
Indian Nuclear Test
Kamikaze
Super Sheep
Baseball Bat
Parachute
Girder

As a P.S., the CPU can actually use the Cluster Bomb, Banana Bomb, Holy Hand Grenade, Minigun, Petrol Bomb, and Napalm Strike, but they are grossly outprioritised compared to their more common ilk. The CPU would rather use regular Grenades over most other grenade-like weapons so it's very shocking when a CPU actually pulls out a Petrol Bomb to kill a worm. Even then, the CPU does not know how to gauge player worm energy thus their poor use of highly-damaging weapons such as the Banana Bomb and Minigun. CPUs would rather use Grenades to kill worms over a couple turns rather than the Banana Bomb which can easily kill a worm from 100 health, and the Minigun is almost never used to kill worms despite its massive damage output compared to the Shotgun/Uzi and ends up wasted for boring holes into terrain. CPUs commonly use Air Strikes but will never use Napalm Strikes unless pigs fly or something. The rarity of the Napalm Strike is so low that CPUs, in certain tight situations, prefer trying to use Grenades, Shotguns, or Bazookas to try to get towards targets but realise they run the risk of backfire from self-damage and skip their turn, instead of just using another Air Strike-like weapon (even then, they don't account for the wind when they ACTAULLY use the Napalm Strike).

P.S.S.: yes, the CPUs commonly use Dynamite, which is actually good for them, but don't use jumps during retreat turns and end up getting damaging from its large blasts. Oops.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 08:08 PM by leafsaber47 »

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2022, 09:56 PM »
Very good analysis, leafsaber47. That would be CPU 6 I guess.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Godmax

« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2022, 11:58 AM »
We need to be able to play/watch from Android devices!

Offline Kradie

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2022, 01:23 PM »
Disable sound alerts on Windows, and Icon Flash on taskbar when player is minimized.

Exceed maximum map resolution support.

Exceed numbers of max worms to infinite on any map, cluttered, stacked or not.

Offline MarCello

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2022, 01:54 PM »
Do land mines sometimes explode when I kick them with a baseball bat? Like in worms 2.