Forums
May 15, 2024, 01:57 PM

Poll

If Worms Armageddon was made available for purchase on Steam, would you buy it?

Holy shit yeah! I've been waiting for something like this for ages and I'd buy a 4-pack for me and my friends immediately!
27 (29.7%)
Yes. The extra comfort (easy purchase, no CDs, automatic updates) and larger player base alone would make it worth it.
23 (25.3%)
Not sure. It would depend on the price, the features that would be added and a bunch of other things.
14 (15.4%)
No. The game is fine the way it is and there's no need for a rerelease. Please don't split the community.
22 (24.2%)
Hell no! I'm not giving T17 my money and I think Steam sucks. If I had to, I'd just pirate it or find another game to play.
5 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: If WA Was Rereleased on Steam...  (Read 12663 times)

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: If WA Was Rereleased on Steam...
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2012, 10:40 PM »
It uses the same WormNET server.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2012, 10:44 PM »
Thanks CS!

Offline franz

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2012, 11:07 PM »
nice :) posted a thread on the new Worms Armageddon Steam board

edit: ahh sry Peja, van linked below, but I'll again here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/217200/discussions
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:21 PM by franz »

Offline Peja

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2012, 11:18 PM »
nice :) posted a thread on the new Worms Armageddon Steam board

why u didnt link?
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2012, 11:20 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/app/217200/discussions

and it's 3.6.31.0. woooooooo

Quote from: Muzer
Yes, the Steam version is backwards-compatible with .31.0. The Steam version and the disc version will in the future be synchronised so the version numbers are the same, but the current steam version hasn't yet been released for the disc version of the game. It only contains a few minor bugfixes, as well as a new renderer which does a lot more in software so will in the future be a key part in getting the game to work well on Windows 8 (where the old hardware directdraw functions that the game uses are emulated very badly).

Great news! Now for it to become a separately purchasable game and we're all set.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:26 PM by van »

Offline StepS

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2012, 02:48 PM »
it's 3.6.31.2b, not 3.6.31.0. RubberWorm will be updated once we get access to the game
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline chakkman

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2012, 03:19 PM »
Great shit, new blood for the community!  8) Just a bit of a disappointment for those who thought W:R would be better than a 14 year old game?

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2012, 07:12 PM »
The noobs can go to wow as far as i care...We do not need them here...Cybershadow this would be an incredible stupid idea..

Btw how come it was so easy for me to evade the ban you posed on me ? I didn't even have to use any programs to conceal my IP...I can't believe it was that easy and too such a tremendous ammount of time to fix..Were you aware of how i did it ? Or did it take you that long to figure it out ?

Nonetheless i do think a permanent ban is abit much just for playing with komos mind..Care to explain ?

In addition..am i the first person to ever be permanently banned for impostering other players ? Because that would be no small feat..Just wondering..
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:14 PM by Doubletime »

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2012, 08:15 AM »
Encourage noobs to play WA through steam and it will be great for the community.  We were all noobs once remember.

Off Topic.
------------

It sounds like Doubletime is forgetting that he was once a noob at this game.  Seriously get over yourself man.

Imagine a human being going to their computer with a smiley face, deciding to put down their other games to give worms armageddon a try for the first time.  They log on with anticipation and excitement and then suddenly some c@#! called Doubletime starts telling them to go away because they are not welcome.  What a sad story.

Also, why are you obsessed with your naughty behaviour?

You are posting on the forum which is what you wanted.  You've been asking for it for ages and now you're trying to be a smart arse and provoking.  It's not going to help your situation.

If I was banned from a worms forum I would actually be a little embarrassed.  You seem proud.  Just to let you know that for a normal functioning adult in the real world, being proud of getting banned on the internet is up there with some of the gayest things ever.

Giggling inside with excitement at being a naughty internet user is so gay that I actually cringe at the thought of it.  Seriously man.  Are you like 12?

----------

On topic

These recent developments are really awesome.  Nice one everyone who made it happen!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2012, 08:31 AM »
Encourage noobs to play WA through steam and it will be great for the community.  We were all noobs once remember.

Off Topic.
------------

It sounds like Doubletime is forgetting that he was once a noob at this game.  Seriously get over yourself man.

Imagine a human being going to their computer with a smiley face, deciding to put down their other games to give worms armageddon a try for the first time.  They log on with anticipation and excitement and then suddenly some c@#! called Doubletime starts telling them to go away because they are not welcome.  What a sad story.

Also, why are you obsessed with your naughty behaviour?

You are posting on the forum which is what you wanted.  You've been asking for it for ages and now you're trying to be a smart arse and provoking.  It's not going to help your situation.

If I was banned from a worms forum I would actually be a little embarrassed.  You seem proud.  Just to let you know that for a normal functioning adult in the real world, being proud of getting banned on the internet is up there with some of the gayest things ever.

Giggling inside with excitement at being a naughty internet user is so gay that I actually cringe at the thought of it.  Seriously man.  Are you like 12?

----------

On topic

These recent developments are really awesome.  Nice one everyone who made it happen!
I laughed so hard at your post I almost fell off my chair.  Well played sir.   ;D

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2012, 09:02 AM »
it's 3.6.31.2b, not 3.6.31.0. RubberWorm will be updated once we get access to the game
Does this mean we will get an update to wa soon ?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2012, 09:08 AM »
Doubletime you were banned for how long? 18 months? I didn't remove your ban, TUS2 reset the bans and you were free. I didn't put it back, I said to myself maybe you could see it as some luck and opportunity to act decent, and more interestingly, the whole community liked to see what you would do this time, not even one person asked me to for you to be banned again. Now you're bragging you could bypass your WN bans? You're getting smart with CS? Hello? Are you seeing yourself?

Let me clear something for you, CS, DC or any other web admin like me, we are not proud of banning people. We restrict people who abuse the community. We don't care/we couldn't care less about people bypassing the bans. It is not a competition for us. The ban doesn't mean "you're challenged to bypass", it means "you've been misusing the system". I've raised your warning level for 50%. I think you know where this is going. Choose your way.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Joschi

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2012, 09:28 AM »
Does this mean we will get an update to wa soon ?

I wanna know, if its true, that a steam version makes a WA4.0 release more probably? Aiii!

Offline darKz

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 10:44 AM »
Joschi: I don't think it will speed up the 4.0 development. But it's a great step to make WA more popular again for now. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Joschi

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 11:03 AM »
Obviously, this is an opportunity for many of those shiny 4.0 features to make it into WA sooner than 479327 years from now, because it opens up the possibility of Deadcode and CyberShadow being hired to work on it full-time and get, you know, paid for it. If such a rerelease did happen, the game we've been so engaged with for many years now could stand to gain a lot of exposure, resulting in a bigger, different WormNet for us all.

I referred to this. Let's see, what near futur will bring. I will buy the standalone W:A steam version, to give T17 a sign, that there is still a market which craves updates! :D