Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:08 PM

Author Topic: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos  (Read 27070 times)

Offline biscuits

Re: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2016, 11:01 PM »
It's not a razer, and I bought it for the typing pleasure, you never even read my initial post in this thread.

Okay, so you're comparing a switch intended for typing over an old IBM keyboard and saying it's better than a red/black linear switched keyboard? Makes no sense. Anyways, use what you want dude.... whatever floats your boat. lol.

The technical differences between the switches is minor, the biggest difference is the required pressure to activate and tactile and audible feel. You bought it because it had a big price tag, not because it's better. Deal with it.

Tactile and audible feel. Cool. Yea your blue switches have tons of tactile and audible feel. If you had any clue on Cherry switches, or keyboards in general, you would know that Blacks and Reds have no tactile feedback, no clicks, low actuation (meaning you don't have to bottom out the key for it to register) and spring back faster. No need to argue this with you though, you have not one slight clue about keyboards. I'd love to rope against you. I guess that's why Nonentity (masta) uses a Cherry Red board? He's pretty good on the rope, wouldn't you agree?

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2016, 11:05 PM »
It's not a razer, and I bought it for the typing pleasure, you never even read my initial post in this thread.

Okay, so you're comparing a switch intended for typing over an old IBM keyboard and saying it's better than a red/black linear switched keyboard? Makes no sense. Anyways, use what you want dude.... whatever floats your boat. lol.

The technical differences between the switches is minor, the biggest difference is the required pressure to activate and tactile and audible feel. You bought it because it had a big price tag, not because it's better. Deal with it.

Tactile and audible feel. Cool. Yea your blue switches have tons of tactile and audible feel. If you had any clue on Cherry switches, or keyboards in general, you would know that Blacks and Reds have no tactile feedback, no clicks, low actuation (meaning you don't have to bottom out the key for it to register) and spring back faster. No need to argue this with you though, you have not one slight clue about keyboards. I'd love to rope against you. I guess that's why Nonentity (masta) uses a Cherry Red board? He's pretty good on the rope, wouldn't you agree?

I am just a regular pleb that plays default, don't rope sorry bro.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2016, 12:47 AM »
Caye man, you may be booksmart, but you definitely don't have common sense.

Quote from: Caye
One of the main ways of achieving this is by cheapening production costs.

Yes, that's true, but you cannot assume this for every f**king product in the world.

While it's true in general things tend not to last as long as they used to, i'd rather have an awesome keyboard that lasts 3-5 years that some piece of sh*t that lasts forever, haunting me for eternity.

While there may be keyboards that are similar to the k740(I mean most keyboards are similar, they are keyboards it isn't rocket science), they are not the k740, they don't look exactly the same, they don't feel exactly the same.

You talk about budgeting and cheap versions, you think some shitty $10 ripoff of the k740 will be as good and last as long? Please, you may be able to fool some people, but I have personally tested close to 100 keyboards and k740 stands out a mile, for me, for my personal taste, why can't you just respect that?

Offline biscuits

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2016, 12:06 PM »
So no one is going to tell Biscuits from the BRB community that he is embarrasing himself talking roping and keyboards with Anubis?

Does he even know that the Cherry switches were invented to emulate the Model M?

@Komito
You have used one hundred keyboards? How does the K stand out by a mile? In what sense?

So far you haven't compared the K740 to any other keyboard nor explained why it's better. All you're doing is waving the opinion card over and  over again. If you're so proud of having an opinion of your own, why don't you share it? It almost seems as if you can't. Why is it better than keyboards of similar pricetag like a Das Keyboard or an Endurapro?

We know you love keyboard, you're super happy, your best 100 bucks ever spent etc, can you tell us why it's good in comparison to a keyboard that  costs half the price, lasts twice as long and gives the same performance?

I've played this game longer than Anubis, you obviously don't even know who I am cause you're garbage at this game anyhow. Also, Anubis doesn't even rope 1 space 1 finger, so yeah idk what you're trying to say but I'd love to shit on any of you with my mech board.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2016, 12:20 PM »
'd love to shit on any of you with my mech board.

Oh.. you love mechanical again? Good to know. You said it's shit like...5 days ago.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2016, 12:25 PM »
'd love to shit on any of you with my mech board.

Oh.. you love mechanical again? Good to know. You said it's shit like...5 days ago.

What's shit is your BnG skills for someone who's on welfare and can't afford good computer accessories and toots his horn about being amazing at the easiest scheme in the game lmao

Offline Sensei

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2016, 12:39 PM »
Relax Biscuits. Take a deep breath, gather all your kb's in one place, put a big picture of yourself on monitor screen and start jerking off.

Isn't that what makes your life worth living? :)

Offline biscuits

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2016, 12:46 PM »
Relax Biscuits. Take a deep breath, gather all your kb's in one place, put a big picture of yourself on monitor screen and start jerking off.

Isn't that what makes your life worth living? :)

Nah actually weed sex $$$ and live concerts of jam bands I like is what makes life worth living you wouldn't know cause you don't listen to good music nor have any swag.

Nerd. Keep binge drinking your alcohol, probably drowns out the pain of your life being so bad, lmfao

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2016, 06:23 PM »
You have used one hundred keyboards? How does the K stand out by a mile? In what sense?

I admit, it's probably closer to 50 or 60, many of which have been used at friends houses, testing then sending back because I didn't like it, i've only ever stuck to about 10 or so models I liked.

I don't know the technical stuff as much as you seem to, but what I do know is none of that matters because I know what works for me and you could be the smartest being in the universe and your opinion still means nothing towards my personal experience.

So far you haven't compared the K740 to any other keyboard

I don't have to.

All you're doing is waving the opinion card over and  over again.

So what you are saying is that I am guilty of doing the same thing you are? Most of what you say is purely opinion also, am I a criminal for that? Sorry!

Why is it better than keyboards of similar pricetag like a Das Keyboard or an Endurapro?

If you can find me a keyboard that is a 100% clone of the k740, cheaper, then i'll shutup and admit you are correct, if you can't, then YOU shutup and admit you talk sh*t, if you can't be bothered looking, then shutup anyway.

Also, Anubis was a f**king cheater, imo he might have looked the best, but he was not as good as you think.

@biscuits - Just because you guys can't agree doesn't mean you must lower the standards of the arguement to who is the oldest/best player, it's childish and pathetic...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2016, 07:11 PM »
So you have an opinion but are unable to explain it.

I already have explained my opinion, perhaps not in a way suitable for you to understand the way I feel, but it's still there even if you don't see it.

But we are talking about hardware here, not abstract feelings of preference.

Actually the whole topic is people expressing their personal preferences so people have a larger base of reviews to take into consideration when purchasing something themselves, anyone who bases their purchased based on 1 opinion or 1 review is pretty careless.

if you haven't compared it then why do you insist in rating it?

So i've tried dozens of keyboards and you think I won't compare them to each other? How do you think I decide which one is best for me in the 1st place, cmon man please tell me you aren't really that ignorant?

Where  have I waved the opinion card lol?

One example, you saying "it's when you invent reasons that it looks stupid, and when directly asked you seem unable to give any either way.", that's an opinion not a fact lol.

I could go and pick out each sentence you said that was an opinion not a fact but what would be the point, you would argue it then i'd argue it and well that's just silly :)

May I ask, what is your career?

I do not have a career as of yet, although aiming to have a career in the audio industry, things like sampling for companies, mixing engineering, music production, releasing songs, teaching are some of the things I am interested in, I studied down in London with a private tutor in 2013 who constantly teaches and supports.

Currently I work nightshift in a supermarket which makes enough money to live and support my main goal, and is brainless enough so I can spend as much time on other things as possible.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2016, 09:40 PM »
Not much love for the Steelseries 6gv2.

I have had the keyboard for near enough 2 years - but I haven't had the k740 or any of the other keyboards mentioned in this thread.

Clear case of never had the "right" keyboard?

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2016, 10:20 PM »
Have you tried the K800? I'd prefer wireless. Do you think any wireless keyboard can be good for roping? I'm concerned about input lag. My current bluetooth keyboard/mouse all-in-one sucks so badly it's not even fun playing simple schemes like Team 17.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2016, 11:29 PM »
Have you tried the K800? I'd prefer wireless. Do you think any wireless keyboard can be good for roping? I'm concerned about input lag. My current bluetooth keyboard/mouse all-in-one sucks so badly it's not even fun playing simple schemes like Team 17.
I had a wireless keyboard once, if definitely had lagg. I could type out a sentence fast then watch it start to appear when I looked up. Might have been fine to rope with but I doubt it.

Offline barman

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2016, 11:44 PM »
If there's another radio device nearby (router, cell phone etc.), any wireless keyboard/mouse will lag due to frequency interference. They only work fine in "quiet" environments ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:46 PM by barman »
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2016, 01:34 AM »
If there's another radio device nearby (router, cell phone etc.), any wireless keyboard/mouse will lag due to frequency interference. They only work fine in "quiet" environments ;)
That makes sense then cause my phone was always next the the computer.