Forums
April 28, 2024, 07:35 AM

Author Topic: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos  (Read 26845 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2016, 02:29 PM »
Psh Caye, I spend 50 Bucks on 10 IBM Rapid Access 2 ps/2 kbs on ebay 6 years ago to last me a lifetime for W:A. Let them buy overpriced vanity items for roping. The LEDs probably emit an aura to tap faster. :D
IBM rapid access probably are a fortune nowadays.  vintage electronics are chic now, PC, NES, SNES, ect.  I wanted to buy yoshi's island for SNES and its more than a new xbox one game :o

Offline biscuits

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2016, 04:07 PM »
Psh Caye, I spend 50 Bucks on 10 IBM Rapid Access 2 ps/2 kbs on ebay 6 years ago to last me a lifetime for W:A. Let them buy overpriced vanity items for roping. The LEDs probably emit an aura to tap faster. :D

Fun fact:

My "Gamer" kb is nowhere near as responsive as the good old IBM kbs from 2000. I only use it for typing because it has a nice feel to it.

I have a hard time believing that. The keyboard probably has ghosting out its ass. You probably bought the keyboard cause you're a "Ps/2" fanboy which has no impact over a USB connection these days. lol. There are plenty of gaming keyboards that have USB to Ps/2 adapters as well. The reason it feels more responsive for you is most likely cause you like rubber dome keys, lol. Has nothing else to do with it.

Very hard time believing that a mechanical keyboard in this modern day is less responsive than a product from 1999. And the keyboard price is only like $40 on Amazon btw.

Also their are plenty of good keyboards on the market that are priced at about 80-100 with no LED backlighting but you pay high for well... quality. And Cherry switches
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:11 PM by biscuits »

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2016, 04:35 PM »

Fun fact:

My "Gamer" kb is nowhere near as responsive as the good old IBM kbs from 2000. I only use it for typing because it has a nice feel to it.

I have a hard time believing that. The keyboard probably has ghosting out its ass. You probably bought the keyboard cause you're a "Ps/2" fanboy which has no impact over a USB connection these days. lol. There are plenty of gaming keyboards that have USB to Ps/2 adapters as well. The reason it feels more responsive for you is most likely cause you like rubber dome keys, lol. Has nothing else to do with it.

Very hard time believing that a mechanical keyboard in this modern day is less responsive than a product from 1999. And the keyboard price is only like $40 on Amazon btw.

Also their are plenty of good keyboards on the market that are priced at about 80-100 with no LED backlighting but you pay high for well... quality. And Cherry switches
no way biscuits, the rapid access is a beast, it never ghosts, weighs about 7 pounds, and has a springloaded spacebar.  this keyboard could survive a nuclear blast  what more could you want?

While looking for it i realized i never had a rapid access, i had this thing:

So i dunno about rapid access, but this one ^ is amazing

Offline biscuits

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2016, 06:17 PM »

?

in 1999 keyboards where much better. They used single keys and single circuits. Ghosting didn't exist, it's a term we had to invent recently. You can take every single key out of an old IBM, throw them in water, clean em, and put them back.

Please remember that "modern mechanical keyboards" only exist because people tried to emulate the scarce model M and then the gaming industry was born in the form of specialized gear and such and now we have key switches with funny names and such.

Yup, you're right. 17 year old technology was better than modern day technology. *Insert sarcasm here*

Believe what you will, use what you like. Lmao.

I can take every single key out of my $200 Corsair K95 as well. Hell, I can even change the switch from Red to either Blue/Brown/Black, whatever I want. Unfortunately it's not a PCB-mounted keyboard, it's plate mounted so it requires a lot more work that I wouldn't do since I'm not professional with desoldering. I can also remove my keycaps with ease off a mechanical and clean the keyboard when in need. You have no idea what you're talking about in terms of keyboard performance, that's like using your car analogy... my 1999 Nissan Maxima drives better than my 2011 Dodge pick-up truck. Sike.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 06:20 PM by biscuits »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 10:43 PM »

Fun fact:

I bought it because the very old IBM mechanicals have the best reputation of all kbs ever built, I had one of those beasts and thought the rubber dome version from IBM might be good quality as well, which turned out to be true. I don't give a f@#! about how a kb works or looks or which plug-in connector it uses. I need performance, not luxury. I have spent more money than you ever will on kbs, and the fact I did is the reason I can reasonable compare them all.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2016, 10:46 PM »

Fun fact:

I bought it because the very old IBM mechanicals have the best reputation of all kbs ever built, I had one of those beasts and thought the rubber dome version from IBM might be good quality as well, which turned out to be true. I don't give a f@#! about how a kb works or looks or which plug-in connector it uses. I need performance, not luxury. I have spent more money than you ever will on kbs, and the fact I did is the reason I can reasonable compare them all.

Cool, still doesn't draw attention to my eye as being a "performance" keyboard considering how old it is. I'll stick with my Corsair K95 and Ducky Shine's ;) Cherry switches shit on your IBM keyboard, lol. You're a retired roper right? I'd like to see you 1v1 someone on a mechanical cherry board. Would be interesting.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:49 PM by biscuits »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2016, 10:49 PM »

Fun fact:

Cool, still doesn't draw attention to my eye as being a "performance" keyboard considering how old it is. I'll stick with my Corsair K95 and Ducky Shine's ;) Cherry switches shit on your IBM keyboard, lol.

Except I own my very own cherry blue switches mechanical kb and I outperform it with the old one... *sigh*

Offline biscuits

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2016, 10:49 PM »

Fun fact:

Cool, still doesn't draw attention to my eye as being a "performance" keyboard considering how old it is. I'll stick with my Corsair K95 and Ducky Shine's ;) Cherry switches shit on your IBM keyboard, lol.

Except I own my very own cherry blue switches mechanical kb and I outperform it with the old one... *sigh*

Lol, you just proved my point right there. You own a bunch of "Blue" Cherry switches which are the worst switches, period. Try some reds/blacks/browns then respond.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2016, 10:51 PM »
The difference is negligible, you are trying REALLY hard to justify your purchase, live your dream.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2016, 10:52 PM »
The difference is negligible, you are trying REALLY hard to justify your purchase, live your dream.

If you would pull up a google website or something or had any clear knowledge of Cherry switches, you would know that buying a "Blue" switch on a keyboard for roping or gaming in general is a no-go. So you sir, wasted money on a mechanical for shit reasons. Unless you enjoy just typing. Try a linear switch like red/black and rope on it then respond. Hands down, do that then talk to me. Till then, you're just wasting oxygen.

Let me guess, you bought a razer product? LOL

Offline Anubis

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2016, 10:53 PM »

If you would pull up a google website or something or had any clear knowledge of Cherry switches, you would know that buying a "Blue" switch on a keyboard for roping or gaming in general is a no-go. So you sir, wasted money on a mechanical for shit reasons. Unless you enjoy just typing. Try a linear switch like red/black and rope on it then respond. Hands down, do that then talk to me. Till then, you're just wasting oxygen.

You are retarded. (and can't read)

Offline biscuits

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2016, 10:54 PM »
Yes I'm retarded but you bought a Cherry MX Blue switch(and it's probably a razer) keyboard. HAHA! Please man... please... *end of discussion*

Offline Anubis

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2016, 10:55 PM »
It's not a razer, and I bought it for the typing pleasure, you never even read my initial post in this thread.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2016, 10:56 PM »
It's not a razer, and I bought it for the typing pleasure, you never even read my initial post in this thread.

Okay, so you're comparing a switch intended for typing over an old IBM keyboard and saying it's better than a red/black linear switched keyboard? Makes no sense. Anyways, use what you want dude.... whatever floats your boat. lol.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2016, 10:58 PM »

Okay, so you're comparing a switch intended for typing over an old IBM keyboard and saying it's better than a red/black linear switched keyboard? Makes no sense. Anyways, use what you want dude.... whatever floats your boat. lol.

The technical differences between the switches is minor, the biggest difference is the required pressure to activate and tactile and audible feel. You bought it because it had a big price tag, not because it's better. Deal with it.