Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:54 PM

Author Topic: MapGEN v0.8.7.2  (Read 55820 times)

Offline Plutonic

Re: MapGEN v0.8.0
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2016, 05:37 PM »
I guess E: is not you main windows drive?

Yes, it's not, C: is. Any workovers that I can do before a hotfix?

Well, you could try re-installing to another location, on your main drive, C:\Temp\MapGen\ would do.

But untill we can work out something that is causing it, its impossible to make a hotfix.

Offline Plutonic

Re: MapGEN v0.8.0
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2016, 06:17 PM »
I guess one other thing you could try, does the wormkit module work at all?

Offline Plutonic

Re: MapGEN v0.8.1
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2016, 06:44 PM »
I have uploaded 0.8.1, it fixes up some bugs (mostly in the theme startup), and has the extra bonus of speeding p the first generation of each theme (pre-caches now).
I doubt this will fix your issues, but worth a try.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2016, 07:08 PM »
I guess one other thing you could try, does the wormkit module work at all?

In 0.8.0 it does, but it's super laggy, BnG maps are glitchy as heck and I get an warning "PNG Warning: mgEn: CRC error", haven't tested the new version yet

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2016, 07:19 PM »
Yeah, the module is laggy, theres not a lot I can do about that (though I will take a look anyway). The CRC issue is fixed (I actually re-uploaded 0.8 with the fix, but I guess you just missed it).

Interesting that it managed to find the themes through wk, will have a think. In what way are the bng maps glitchy though?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2016, 07:25 PM »
In what way are the bng maps glitchy though?

THIS glitchy... yea.

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2016, 07:32 PM »
Wow! ok, thats pretty messed up. Do ANY of the map types work correctly, through wk? Let me know if 0.8.1 makes any difference at all.

As a side note, I have just profiled mapgen running under wk module, and 77% of the time it takes is saving the map...

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #172 on: April 24, 2016, 07:56 PM »
Wow! ok, thats pretty messed up. Do ANY of the map types work correctly, through wk? Let me know if 0.8.1 makes any difference at all.

Again, in 0.8.0, Island is working well, I get the shape itself, but I'm getting pure white texture and no objects. I haven't got time for testing the rest of them yet.

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2016, 09:01 PM »
Right, I have re-uploaded a new version of 0.8.1 (if you downloaded it before, get it again). This one fixes an issue introduced in 0.8.1 when there were no themes, but also outputs any errors found while reading the themes to a dialog box. Let me know if it appears, and what error code it gives you.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2016, 01:00 AM »
A suggestion: put MapGEN version number into the installer file name
no guess games plz
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2016, 06:11 AM »
I always upload the version numbered file too, but updating all the links is a pain so I have started using the unversioned one for the permanent links. Your right though, I will post the versioned link in the thread from now on and put the number somewhere in the installer text so your at least not guessing when you install it.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2016, 04:02 PM »
[...] also outputs any errors found while reading the themes to a dialog box. Let me know if it appears, and what error code it gives you.

I have installed the new version of MapGEN, using the EXE, where can I find the dialog box? Do I need to run MapGEN throught a command prompt? Because I still get the same error!

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2016, 06:27 PM »
It should just popup on starting the game if it failed to read any themes. If you definitely have it running latest and its not showing up I may have to make a build that logs everything to see where it is going wrong. Are you able to get on #worms?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2016, 07:50 PM »
It should just popup on starting the game if it failed to read any themes. [...]

Hurr, I was looking at the program itself, I'll look at it later then :/ Yes, my time schedule is very bad recently

Are you able to get on #worms?

Yes, I can

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2016, 08:01 PM »
Well, yes, when running the program itself it should open an error dialog with an error code in it. I will do a version with logging in the mean time which will hopefully point out something (?!)