Forums > General discussion

Markings on your monitor- okay or not?

(1/24) > >>

Mablak:
If used with notching, people can gain a bit of an advantage in BnG (and other schemes) by placing markings on/under their monitors, I even did it for a little while myself, and a number of people seem to currently do this. It's especially helpful for 4 second full power shots, petrol, etc, so you can know exactly where they'll land.

This subject is iffy, but I think we shouldn't allow any kind of visual aids for the game, no matter how small or inconspicuous they might be. It's just one of those things that would look very amateur in a live setting, and to me, playing as if someone else is watching is the standard we should adhere to.

Lack of enforceablility doesn't matter much to me; unlike notching, this is at least something we could enforce in a live setting.

Chelsea:
it's so f@#!ing lame.....

Csongi:
Ye,it's kinda lame  :-[

Just one question: let's say that this stuff will be forbidden,how can you know if someone actually uses it,or not ?  :)

Statik:
Gj Mablak, now people who didn't know this trick will use it for sure ;D And I suggest them to don't use marks, it's lame, better scratch a screen, works 100% :D

cOke:
I voted yes because purely from an enforcability point of view. There is simply no way to be sure anyone is using this technique, if it is banned it's either going to cause problems or do nothing.

What do you mean a live setting? You mean a lan game? When does this ever happen in worms?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version