Forums
May 05, 2024, 01:27 PM

Author Topic: Worms Reloaded  (Read 16305 times)

Offline HHC

Re: Worms Reloaded
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Yeah man, I'm counting the days  ???

So excited..

Offline darKz

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2010, 08:26 PM »
Hm, it's limited to max 4 players, max 4 worms per team and as far as I can see there are only 9 different kinds of wind including 0 wind.. That's just what I know, there are probably more restricted features like maps and stuff.

Simplicity can be quite awesome in some games but I think Worms Reloaded is limited in way too many things. That's probably because it's only (and I consider this an insult to all PC users) a rip-off of the console version and made for casual gamers.

From the publisher's side that's probably not a bad thing as it will draw more people into playing the game, but for hardcore fans of 2D Worms (like most of us are) it's most likely going to be a disappointment.

I hope Team17 will prove me wrong, though. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline chakkman

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2010, 08:37 PM »
Hm, it's limited to max 4 players, max 4 worms per team and as far as I can see there are only 9 different kinds of wind including 0 wind.. That's just what I know, there are probably more restricted features like maps and stuff.

Simplicity can be quite awesome in some games but I think Worms Reloaded is limited in way too many things. That's probably because it's only (and I consider this an insult to all PC users) a rip-off of the console version and made for casual gamers.

From the publisher's side that's probably not a bad thing as it will draw more people into playing the game, but for hardcore fans of 2D Worms (like most of us are) it's most likely going to be a disappointment.

I hope Team17 will prove me wrong, though. :)

All true. The excuse this game has though is that it's not a full price title. :) It'll still be fun though for people that never played a Worms game i guess...

Edit: Oh and most PC games nowadays are a rip off of Console versions. Simply because the publisher want to please the console people first as it is the bigger market i think.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 08:40 PM by chakkman »

Offline HHC

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2010, 09:44 PM »

I don't know really. The Roperace-feature isn't quite for the casual gamer is it?

I don't think 4 worms max is a real issue, or 4 players max. You can still do 2vs2 matches and how many gametypes really have more than 4 worms? Not any of the most played on wormnet (except normal then).

Naturally it's going to be a disappointment if you're gonna compare it with WA and check which features are all missing.
I think the game itself has a lot to offer and is potentially equally suited for strategic elite play as WA is. Some things are just gonna be a little different. Like with the winds for example.. it might be easier to repeat shots, but rather than complaining about how it's impossible to play BnG WA style, you can also explore what possibilities there are that WA doesn't have. BnG can be played without anchor as well and perhaps with a different range of weapons (petrols, clusters, holies).

(Besides, who needs BnG anyway  :D)

If T17 is just gonna make another WA it won't be popular, mostly because we'd turn it into another Roper game with incomprehensible house rules that new gamers just won't get. It's not bad to go back to more 'normal'-type of games. I think we've proven with Elite, Hysteria & T17 that even this basic game can be made a challenge.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2010, 09:51 PM »
Well HHC, you'll be disappointed when you played it, trust me. ;) The physics and other stuff (like getting ported near mines or hazards) make strategic play almost impossible. You need more luck then brains with issues like that. Also the maps are simply too small.

Offline skime

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2010, 11:42 PM »
Chakkman say so much true. ~~ It's really way more unpredictable than W:A. It's more turned on fun than on something strategic.

And rope race modes.. ah.. we used to played some with chakkman , it seems to be so..  unconfortable!

(Besides, who needs BnG anyway  )

ME ! xD

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2010, 01:47 AM »
WA isnt unpredictable at all. Yeah, there are some situations which we call luck/bad luck or we laugh, but every single things, starting from movement, roping ending on weaponry has its own system, which works exactly same way in 99% cases. From this trailer i feel like it has nothing to do with WA, its more like HedgeWars.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline xStratovariuSx

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2010, 06:36 AM »
You know... TF2 has more than 130 updates so far. And I really think WR is going to be updated constantly... not like TF2 of course, but T17 staff already said that they plan to add and change features with time. So, if WR is not perfect now, I'm sure they'll keep working to it.

I believe many things have changed since beta. And I really believe WR won't let me down. Graphics are awesome. Rope physics is exactly like WA as some T17 member said yesterday. It's compatible with Win7. It's new. It has new weapons. It has a lot of customization. It looks pretty damn cool.

I won't say it IS better or not than WA cause no one really knows until the release date.

WA has so many awesome new features now. And I'm sure we'll prolly be seeing most of them in WR too.

And I think many WAtards will be soon joining us. 

Hi to the forum.
TEA is alive, just not kicking. :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2010, 07:16 AM »
(Besides, who needs BnG anyway  :D)

Damn you ! :D

BnG has more skill than any other scheme, except RR which is also pure skill.

Admit it, EVERY other scheme has luck involved, everyone gets lucky or unlucky in all other schemes...

Of course I will buy this new Worms game, and probably enjoy it, but I will NEVER enjoy ANY other game as much as I enjoy WA, it's impossible, and I know it, even people who will get addicted to WR and play it like they do WA, will get fed up with it, miss WA and come back to WA eventually, it always happens, the only people who have 100% quit WA have either died, or don't own a PC anymore, it's so cool :D

WA forever, and ever, and ever, until I die...

I think this game will still be going in another 10 years, possibly even longer...

Offline chakkman

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2010, 09:59 AM »
Rope physics is exactly like WA as some T17 member said yesterday.

Dunno in which way you are involved in this but that's complete rubbish.

Offline skime

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2010, 10:43 AM »
I found post on forum t17:

Quote from: Kel (T17 staff)
The Ninja Rope (in Worms Reloaded) is now pretty much the same as it was in the original Worms Armageddon on PC now. I'm sure there are a few beta testers who can confirm this as they worked with Grant on the tweaks.

T17 says something like that and some people agree but I after couple years of W:WP and W:A roping disagree..

Offline chakkman

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Fact is that it is absolutely impossible to re-write the whole physics of the game in 2 months. And another fact is that they wouldn't place a trailer of Worms Reloaded on Steam showing the old physics while the new physics should be so much better... i don't wanna say the game will become a flop though, it will still be fun for people who never played Worms or even for some W:A players. It won't replace it though and it never wanted to i guess. Hence Worms Reloaded and not W:A 2...

Offline xStratovariuSx

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2010, 12:08 PM »
You really think this game is in development for 2 months ?
And i'm not talking about the whole physics but anyway what makes it so hard to believe ? The trailer from a month ago ?
They even said the game isn't out yet cause they're still working on it... as you know, it's downloadable only, so they can do it whenever they want.
Plus... I believe I play this game a bit longer than you, so I'm not saying all that cause I'm not used to WA or something.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2010, 12:12 PM »
2 months since the beta test program has ended. And i think Skime and me had more insight than you on this game to be honest. ;)

Offline xStratovariuSx

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2010, 12:28 PM »
Yeah, maybe both of you together. Of course, speaking as if WA was a 4 years old game.
Anyway, I'm not here to discuss that. Just wanted to see some really old friends.