Forums
May 06, 2024, 06:03 PM

Author Topic: Worms Reloaded ongoing Review  (Read 12047 times)

Offline HHC

Re: Worms Reloaded ongoing Review
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 09:16 PM »
Well, I'm actually having a lot of fun.

I mean, roping as a scheme is gg, it is indeed, like Dark said, only used for getting across a map half-decently. But as a default player I don't really mind that.

There's still some bugs in it, but well, it is Worms brought back to what it was when I first played it. Quite a laugh!

I mean, the physics are pretty weird, but it's pretty funny to see a mine drop down an explosion-hole, rolling over the bottom and shooting out the other end of the crater to hit a worm on the hill next to it. That was quite a good laugh. So is the rest of the game.

So yeah, for people who like roping and the chess-games of ESL, drop it. For those who like to be entertained by a stupid silly worms game, buy it! It's quite enjoyable when you've spend some time on it.  :D

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 10:01 PM »
Thank you hhc ! :)
On a scale from 1 to 10 where 10 is the best mark what would be your mark?
It is said that there is RR. How enjoyable is it ?
Is the ranking system cool ?
Is the online part cool ? Can you speak to people ?
Is it "pixel" accurate ? I mean do you have the same thing as when you use sg not in the middle of the worms you do not do 25...
Are the new weapons cool ?
You said roping is messed up. Do you think it is basically impossible to have a roping scheme or is it just it's totally different and with some effort you could learn how to rope well and do trick ?
Did you wear the TdC Tag ? :D
Do you plan to sleep tonight or will you play wr all the night ? :)
Do you advise me to buy it ?
I think that's all I posted my 1104949405959 questions ^^

Offline HHC

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 10:16 PM »

For someone expecting an improved WA: 1/10
For someone who wants to go back to basic and loves fun games: 8/10 (or even 9/10).
I'm starting to really enjoy it now I've come past my initial disappointments.

Haven't played it yet. I'm playing Crazy crates, which is like shopper, but on random maps and with healths and utilities, pretty chaotic, but fun. It has unlimited rope, so I know how the rope works... RR will be a challenge and prolly fairly frustrating as apart from swinging it's hard to do anything else.

It's not like TUS at all. For crazy crates it's 1pt for a win (vs anyone, good or bad), 0 for loss. I think the other leagues are like that as well, player who wins most games will win the title.
They look pretty cool though in their cartoony design, but nothing really special ;)

Voice chat is automatically enabled. I use the chat box, which has one bad side: it uses ~ as shortkey, which is also the key ' ' ' is under, so when typing that's or it's it gets weird, I often end up the middle of letters and type stuf like lgl instead of gl.

Is it "pixel" accurate ? I mean do you have the same thing as when you use sg not in the middle of the worms you do not do 25...
Yeah it is.

I've only used poison strike and bunker buster so far. Nothing ridiculous I'd say. But the weapons are fairly well balanced I think. Dyna and Sheep are very strong, banana, bunker busters, buffalo, etc. have all been toned down. It's hard to kill a 100 with any weapon.

You said roping is messed up. Do you think it is basically impossible to have a roping scheme or is it just it's totally different and with some effort you could learn how to rope well and do trick ?
Like I said, apart from swinging back and forth and extending the rope it's very hard to do. I find it very difficult to get on top of an object for example. Tricks is IMO pretty much out of the question. Sure a shadow is possible, but spike??

No xD. You play under your steam profile. Steam profile can be changed at will though, but I wanna see TdC go there first before I do. There's also not much point in wearing one now, it's all about the official leagues, clanners will be pretty hard to set up in the game itself (there's no chat lobby).

Until 2am, then 1 hour of TV, then I go to bed ;)

I don't know what you like in a game. It can be a lot of fun, but for league-play WA is by far superior. As you see some people here don't like it AT ALL, while I myself really do right now.

Always available for more ;)

Now back to the worms  :D

Offline franz

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 10:21 PM »

1 to 10, I'd give 5.  it's not polished at the moment, many things to fix ;p
RR is actually a supported scheme.. tested it, but like HHC say, the rope physics are so awful, ropes shoot out at random angles, and there's no real momentum.  maybe it just requires a whole new set of roping rules in your brain.. who knows.
ranking system seems very basic.  nothing really amazing.. it only has leaderboards of certain schemes, and it's sorted by points where 1 points seems to be 1 win. (can't confirm the system)
pixel seems accurate.
;d

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 10:33 PM »
Thank you very much both of you :).
I think i'll give it a try :).
If I buy it in USA I can still play it in french right ?
Also, it can be played offline right ?
I'm concidering to buy it and play offline on  my plane back to france, is that possible ?

Offline avirex

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 10:37 PM »
wtf, no chat lobby? how do u get games then?

Offline HHC

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 10:43 PM »
I'm concidering to buy it and play offline on  my plane back to france, is that possible ?

yes and yes and yes

@avirex. Auto match-making + a server list if you want to manually browse games. It works superb for rank games, I don't have to wait long for a game (unlike in the old wa days). But yeah, for custom leagues and clanners it's much harder, you need to use the steam chat or some other chatsite to arrange that stuff.

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 10:51 PM »
I'm concidering to buy it and play offline on  my plane back to france, is that possible ?

yes and yes and yes

@avirex. Auto match-making + a server list if you want to manually browse games. It works superb for rank games, I don't have to wait long for a game (unlike in the old wa days). But yeah, for custom leagues and clanners it's much harder, you need to use the steam chat or some other chatsite to arrange that stuff.

Ok then you better be prepared because I'm gonna come to WR :)

I've just read the steam forum. I think it is time for the worms community to go in this topic http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1413012 and say what is wrong with the rope / other things.
They really seems to want to do it for the people and intend to do a lot of change if needed !
Also, when you post tell for how many years you've been around.. I think it can give you legacy to your argument. Honestly on this forum, I'm sick of people claiming to know the game when they actually are not even registered here...
WA community is good to complain  and argue (I'm sure MI would agree :p). It's time we try to do something for this new game.
HHC told me that roping here sucks. They want to make it better let's help them ! :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:08 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline StaTich

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 11:43 PM »
This is exactly the worms 2armageddon for xbla if you know it. The same menu, schemes, and stuff. As HHC says it is really enjoyable on fun scale. It's back to worms before we even knew the rope exists in it, where friends get together and shoot silly weapons. The cartoonish style of the game makes it more appealing but less "proffesional"
So, if you like to play standard, t17, bng and stuff like that it's fun, you will enjoy it. If you wanna rope or go PRO, it won't be so good, maybe it will be a 2/10.

My STEAM ID is: StaTich
Add me and let's party :)

Offline OrangE

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 12:00 AM »
I paste here what i wrote to a msn friend, after i tried the game:

xx: and how u like it?
orange:  it suuuuuux
orange: rope is f@#!ing bad
orange: no lg??
orange: no bunjee??
orange: bad bad bad baaaad
orange: all ropers will stay on WA
orange: and all others will go to wr
orange: community is splitted
orange: f@#!
xx:well surelly team17 will make some patches etc
xx: so maybe the game will be better
xx: anywayz, its still fun
orange: -.- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
orange: im mad about this bullshit, this is a f@#!ing bullshit, what a bad game i wont give 1 euro for this shit
xx: xDDD
xx: NA
xx: i like the whole view
xx: etc
xx: has some rrors
xx: and its simply different
xx: but i still like it
orange: W:A is good because is SMART, u can STUDY that game for years and you will still have something to learn...
orange: look at wr
orange: u cant drop
orange: u cant rope
xx: well, maybe
xx: time will show
orange: u cant select worm
orange: no strategy
orange: nothing
xx: true
xx: cant select worm :(
orange: only BOOM BOOOOM BOOOM!
orange: wtf!!!

Offline Husk

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 12:12 AM »
should we tell them fada? they wont listen to some random guys on teh internets, so to speak (: they just like to believe what they have there MUST be better than a 10 years old game, of course, thats what everyone would think, i don't blame them lol, its their loss anyway :P

Offline avirex

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 12:28 AM »
i blame the beta tested.. *cough* chakkman, beer, and... somone else.. hehe jk :P

Offline ZiPpO

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 02:37 AM »
np wR cuz WA FOREVER!!! AND EVER!!

Offline nappy

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 02:54 AM »
np wR cuz WA FOREVER!!! AND EVER!!
-789 → -788 :D

Offline darKz

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 04:26 AM »
Weren't you going to leave WA Zippo? :D
Anyway.. Anyone else expecting some new faces on WA in the next couple days?
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010