Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:28 PM

Author Topic: TEL will be disabled.  (Read 15005 times)

Offline Chicken23

Re: TEL will be disabled.
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 10:09 PM »
I've always thought 4 PO spots for TEL and TRL would be best.. dunno how that would fit into current activities etc..

a formula that calculated the spots and was determined by league activity would own!

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 05:50 AM »
This is a sad thing to hear, I know im not one to play alot of them but i do as often as possible, and the way worms is going i think it would be nice to just keep it as an option for people who would rather play a default scheme and have the option to look for TEL rather than a TUS and have to sit through an apponents choice of shopper or hysteria(most common hoices these days, imo), haveing 400 games is not bad with the current state of worms, that mean at least people are still putting forth an effort. even with school and real life playing a factor.
BRING IT ON!!!!

Offline twistah

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 08:41 AM »
Shopper and Hysteria need their own league or something. If that decreases the activity of the Classic League then that's how it is. Don't do ANYTHING to keep something active and alive. If the "nub" can't keep up with other players in those other classic league schemes then that's also just how it is. I don't think you gonna see some random boxer vs Klitschko or someone else. Every league in no matter what sport is sorted by skill. Just in Worms everything is mixed up. There's the pros picking good schemes and there's the nubs playing Hyst and Shop. And that in the same league. Makes no sense

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2012, 09:02 AM »
there's the nubs playing Hyst and Shop.

How about you learn to properly play these schemes before you comment on them? The problem you have with these schemes is that they bore you and you don't want to learn about them. Fair enough, but if that's reason for leagues to adapt, we will not have any schemes left to play.

Don't do ANYTHING to keep something active and alive.

??? What's the point of having something if nobody is using it? If you can't think of an answer to that, why shouldn't you try to keep it active/alive?

Offline twistah

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2012, 10:13 AM »
I have played quite some Hyst already and just don't like it. Of course theres skill needed but I hate the strategys in that scheme. It's just not my thing. And Shopper I can play properly. I know exactly how to play that scheme. I find it too easy. You have too much time picking up your crate and attack your opponent. That's what I see on those made maps. I prefer that scheme on a difficult random map anyway, but still an easy scheme. WxW requires much more skill. It's just the same scheme, except that you have to rope pretty well on harder maps. A normal roper will stand no chance vs a good roper on a harder map. In shoppa anyone can beat anyone, and that shouldn't be the point in a league scheme. Better player should win always.

Offline Throsti

• I am just Throsti

• Poland Poland
  • Pn Pn clan

• Paweł Abramowicz.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2012, 06:43 AM »
R.I.P. TEL! We will never forgot you.xD

Offline DENnis

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2012, 10:44 AM »

How about you learn to properly play these schemes before you comment on them? The problem you have with these schemes is that they bore you and you don't want to learn about them. Fair enough, but if that's reason for leagues to adapt, we will not have any schemes left to play.

??? What's the point of having something if nobody is using it? If you can't think of an answer to that, why shouldn't you try to keep it active/alive?

Very true :)

Very nice attached replay, DarkOne, deserved to be watched in full length (and speed 5 ^^)

Offline nino

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2012, 11:09 AM »

But my hero, talking by myself, i did stop play TEL games cos i dont have time to play much games and the way the league is made... even phanton would reach playoffs in TEL all he would have to do is play, and that, he does lol.

So making a change in the system maybe would encourage some peoples , like me , to play some games in the weekends and have chances to reach the playoffs.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline twistah

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2012, 09:46 PM »
Lets just put nino in every playoffs atomatically!! XD

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2012, 10:16 PM »
Royal decree? :)
Thanks, DENnis, had to pull out all the stops to get that game in the bag ;D

I can see how that activity can be a deterrant for people to get involved, something to think about!

Offline franz

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2012, 10:35 PM »
I think MI told me he's likely doing activity based playoffs, but he didn't say when. Here's my idea again in case it's forgotten ;p

one thing I think is needed though is a change to how many people qualify for playoffs, so that some people aren't discouraged for never being able to play enough games and for other people not having their effort wasted if not enough people qualify ( currently 8 )

20 games minimum should be low enough, even for nino ;)  and lower WIN% down to 40%+, some players are being left out that I think should be included with this change

if 8+ players have 20+ games  -->  TOP 8 playoff

if 4-7 people have 20+ games  -->  TOP 4 playoff

if 2-3 people have 20+ games  -->  TOP 2 playoff

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2012, 10:47 PM »
put gigaliga-scheme instead, makes it much more interesting

Offline SPW

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2012, 11:07 PM »

But my hero, talking by myself, i did stop play TEL games cos i dont have time to play much games and the way the league is made... even phanton would reach playoffs in TEL all he would have to do is play, and that, he does lol.

So making a change in the system maybe would encourage some peoples , like me , to play some games in the weekends and have chances to reach the playoffs.

Oh yes.

Its just not fair for some groups of players. Workers dont have time and energy to do much more games just to defeat a worse player in the ranks. I'm so for e reset after every season and I guess, all other people like me are thinking the same. Best in TEL was the scheme, but not the system. 24/7 people having an huge advantage by spamming much more games. We want the best in the playoffs and no doubletime's (this just an example how spamming could be go). He was many weeks number #1 in TEL Ranks and thats just lol.

ea should make its own elite league. If someone is interested to code a page and some stuff just pm me. I also would pay money for that work. :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2012, 08:20 AM »
I'll make it!
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2012, 02:06 PM »
spw said what im thinking pretty much exactly... ive been working and dont have alot of time to play a bunch of games, but when i was on i was always looking for tel before anything because i love elite and dont need to be warm for it

if ea does that id like to play in it for sure