Forums > Announcements

TUS Mobile Application

<< < (4/12) > >>

Sensei:
Great ideas. But in case you didn't notice, league is practically dead for years now. I hope TUS mobile app can make ppl come back, but realistically - it's against the odds at this point. Seems like pretty big project, MI should ask himself is this really worth that much of his time. Hope I'm wrong about all, honestly.

zippeurfou:
An ability to watch replay somehow would be great for sure. If you can make it happen then having a call to action for voting would be awesome.
Other than that I think the chatting system would be nice on mobile.

h3oCharles:

--- Quote from: Sensei on March 02, 2021, 02:21 AM ---Great ideas. But in case you didn't notice, league is practically dead for years now. I hope TUS mobile app can make ppl come back, but realistically - it's against the odds at this point. Seems like pretty big project, MI should ask himself is this really worth that much of his time. Hope I'm wrong about all, honestly.

--- End quote ---
dead? u wot m8? at the time of writing this, this is the most recent game, done yesterday.
dead is too strong of a word here, inactive is what you might be looking for, relative to previous years
i wish someone (i might too, not sure how to do it properly tho) could do some more ambitious statistic analysis for arguments like this

--- Quote from: zippeurfou on March 02, 2021, 03:31 AM ---An ability to watch replay somehow would be great for sure. If you can make it happen then having a call to action for voting would be awesome.

--- End quote ---

someone would need to develop a way to convert replay files to video files without recording them. theoretically you can get a png sequence of the replay, but to automate getting a video file (with audio as well) is something no one has challenged yet afaik

MonkeyIsland:

--- Quote from: Sensei on March 02, 2021, 02:21 AM ---Great ideas. But in case you didn't notice, league is practically dead for years now. I hope TUS mobile app can make ppl come back, but realistically - it's against the odds at this point. Seems like pretty big project, MI should ask himself is this really worth that much of his time. Hope I'm wrong about all, honestly.

--- End quote ---

Sensei, you are correct about the time and effort. It IS a pretty big project. The app itself takes a lot of time to develop. That aside, a lot of current TUS code must be tweaked. Last time I did a major update on TUS was back in 2012 and lots of stuff are outdated. For example TUS doesn't look good in a mobile screen and I have to make a brand new theme as well. There's no notification system, so that must be coded as well.

Regarding the leagues, let's assume the league is completely dead. TUS still survives as a community. If I disable leagues right now, there are still other members using TUS for different purposes. I don't look at this project as a way to boost league activity but a boost to W:A community itself.

--- Quote from: zippeurfou on March 02, 2021, 03:31 AM ---An ability to watch replay somehow would be great for sure. If you can make it happen then having a call to action for voting would be awesome.

--- End quote ---

I like the idea of converting a replay to video. I'll check it out, but if everything goes right, it would be the last part of the update.

FoxHound:
Really great ideas by Triad. If match making become a reality I would play more leagues. In League of Legends I played ranked games a lot, many hours per day (I rarely played for fun, I used to play like more than 10 solo queue games per day). In WA I really don't have much patience to play ranked games. The very good part of WA for me is the creativity it brings. In League of Legends there is not much creative things you can do. You can make fan art, but that will not be inside the game. You can play with champions with bizarre builds or bizarre roles but nothing too creative that you can see inside the game as WA.

Many league players were not very cool to me too and many were very against new schemes they only thought about leagues and nothing more. If you don't play leagues you are noob, if you edit one thing in the TUS scheme, you are noob. And that made me avoid playing TUS leagues. I know many players who don't like TUS so much due to this kind of behavior of the players. However with time I started to enjoy TUS and see other aspects of the site such as a very good platform for schemes with the best actual editor (better than the game editor AND SchemeEddy), it is the only site I know which has scheme icons, this is really a great feature, the website is beautiful and well organized, I like the communities, the maps don't receive bullying tags like WMDB "UNIMAGINATIVE" (this is the worst tag and useless of all), etc, etc.

I believe with new updates coming people will start playing WA again. Like many people I see are playing again. Now with the custom terrains it is more fun to play in random maps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version