Forums
April 28, 2024, 02:48 AM

Author Topic: Using AutoHotKey is considered as a cheat  (Read 54824 times)

Re: Using AutoHotKey is considered as a cheat
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2011, 01:12 AM »
my point is, I think it's perfectly fine to alter your KB if you can't afford good ones etc.

That's fine, but you were telling me what opinion *I* should have on the matter and that's just plain silly. Your reasoning for what my opinion should be what you say it should be is even sillier because of the complete lack of perspective.

Also:

you are playing with peoples lives

Doctors and nurses joke around a lot at work, but even we aren't that crass to say we're playing with people's lives.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2011, 01:12 AM »
Personally, I wouldn't want to be caught dead using third party programs or mucking around with my keyboard or basically anything that would enhance my skills without me requiring to simply be better. I'd rather lose (which I do quite frequently ;D)

That would be fair, if every single PC and k/b in the world was the same, but considering some technology/hardware/software is better/different than others, some find it unfair that some kid has the money to buy all the best while some poor kid can't afford best technology, so they used program like "KeyChanger" to even the playing field.

But aren't you then doing the same thing cheaters are doing from the perspective of players who choose not to avoid their keyboard's keylock without resorting to third party software (at least until we scrap together the money to buy decent hardware...)? You're making things easier for yourself.

This is just a train of thought, by the way, not necessarily my thought-out opinion.

KRD, this is a League, people should have an even playing field, what's the point having a league, then letting some people have a hige advantage cuz only they can afford best equipment for the game.

Trust me, I am right, using KeyChanger is perfectly innocent, if companies could make cheap keyboards without keylock, problem solved, why the hell do they make keyboards with keylock anyway? Coming to think about it, does anyone know why they are manufactured like this??

my point is, I think it's perfectly fine to alter your KB if you can't afford good ones etc.

That's fine, but you were telling me what opinion *I* should have on the matter and that's just plain silly. Your reasoning for what my opinion should be what you say it should be is even sillier because of the complete lack of perspective.

Also:

Doctors and nurses joke around a lot at work, but even we aren't that crass to say we're playing with people's lives.

1st off, I never told you anything of the sort, find a quote or take that back.

2nd, "playing with lives" is a turn of phrase, I don't mean you literally "play" with "lives", don't you know this phrase? It's not a bad thing btw.

Ah sorry, I thought you replied after I replied just noticed you replied before I posted so now I have a double post, sorry

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2011, 01:18 AM »
Personally, I wouldn't want to be caught dead using third party programs or mucking around with my keyboard or basically anything that would enhance my skills without me requiring to simply be better. I'd rather lose (which I do quite frequently ;D)

That would be fair, if every single PC and k/b in the world was the same, but considering some technology/hardware/software is better/different than others, some find it unfair that some kid has the money to buy all the best while some poor kid can't afford best technology, so they used program like "KeyChanger" to even the playing field.

But aren't you then doing the same thing cheaters are doing from the perspective of players who choose not to avoid their keyboard's keylock without resorting to third party software (at least until we scrap together the money to buy decent hardware...)? You're making things easier for yourself.

This is just a train of thought, by the way, not necessarily my thought-out opinion.

KRD, this is a League, people should have an even playing field, what's the point having a league, then letting some people have a hige advantage cuz only they can afford best equipment for the game.

Trust me, I am right, using KeyChanger is perfectly innocent, if companies could make cheap keyboards without keylock, problem solved, why the hell do they make keyboards with keylock anyway? Coming to think about it, does anyone know why they are manufactured like this??

Also:

2nd, "playing with lives" is a turn of phrase, I don't mean you literally "play" with "lives", don't you know this phrase? It's not a bad thing btw.

Ah sorry, I thought you replied after I replied just noticed you replied before I posted so now I have a double post, sorry

LETS JUST ENJOY THE GAME AND STOP ARGUING  :D
If sniper cheated, HIS PROBLEM XD he'll be banned
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2011, 01:24 AM »

Well, considering keyboard's are mostly used for typing and it seems to be cheaper to manufacture keyboards which have a keylock i guess the manufacturer's don't pay too much attention on avoiding they keylock. Plus they'll be able to sell their keylock-free gaming keyboards well. Bit of a maketing scam i guess...

« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2011, 01:27 AM »

Well, there's never going to be a perfectly level playing field. The more the members of a community try and adjust the balance, the closer they all get to legitimising cheating. If it happens slowly enough, they won't even notice that anything has happened at all. In fact I'd say it already has in our case.

And that brings us back to the point someone brought up earlier: where's the line? Past leagues had a clearer notion of this, although it's true none of them defined it in their rules. Likely because competitive players tend to, like they're doing here, find loopholes in rules every chance they get. This is why I support Mablak's effort to finally come up with an unexploitable set of guidelines that determine what is and what isn't cheating in our community.

As for why cheap keyboards are made with poor circuitry... well, because it's cheaper, heh. The exceptions to the rule that more money gets you a better keyboard are flukes and in some other game that requires the use of different keys, they would fail just the same.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 01:32 AM by KoreanRedDragon »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2011, 01:37 AM »
Basically what I get from your post KRD is "If you can't afford the best equipment, then f@#! you! Tough luck!" Which is a massive surprise coming from you...

And sorry. I really respect Mablak, more than almost anyone, but who the hell gives HIM the right to make a set of guidelines what is and isn't cheating??

Well, considering keyboard's are mostly used for typing and it seems to be cheaper to manufacture keyboards which have a keylock i guess the manufacturer's don't pay too much attention on avoiding they keylock. Plus they'll be able to sell their keylock-free gaming keyboards well. Bit of a maketing scam i guess...

Yes, and do you think this is fair? I don't, why should I lose out or anyone else because companies wish to scam you...

« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2011, 02:06 AM »
It's not so much a question of whether you can afford a good keyboard or not, it's about taking the time to research the subject, finding out what would work for your needs and then getting used to it in practice. But even in the extreme case of comparing high quality mechanical keyboards (excellent models cost around £100) with cheap rubber domes (£10), you still have to take into account that the former will easily last you five times longer without noticeable wear. The difference in price over the lifetime of the products isn't huge, with build quality and general satisfaction firmly on the side of the mechs. This is all even more obvious if you replace the cheap rubber dome in the comparison with a flashy Logitech one costing nearly as much as something with Cherry MX switches. That's not to say that every mechanical switch is good for roping, of course, nor that it will suit everyone. Enter research.

Why Mablak? He's the only one I've seen volunteer. And I know he wouldn't just force his personal opinion on everyone else but rather approach a bunch of others and ask them for their take on it before even publishing the first public draft. Let's not be picky, eh?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 02:07 AM by KoreanRedDragon »

« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2011, 02:07 AM »

k.

You being a doctor should be on the same line.

People dying, you use programs and machines etc to stop them from dying, therefor cheating life and the natural way of things.

WARNING: OFF-TOPIC RANT IMMINENT.

I know it's a turn of phrase. I see it used all the time:
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Distracted+drivers+playing+with+lives/4878426/story.html?cid=megadrop_story
http://www.stolenchildhood.net/entry/africa-witchcraft-playing-with-lives-of-children-in-malawi/
http://www.thelawyer.com/playing-with-lives/77223.article

These were the first 3 results on google. The list goes on and on. Don't tell me it's not a bad thing.
I know I should let this rest, but honestly, this runs too deep with me. When things go sour in WA, I can shrug it off or even take a break from WA for a while to cool off. There are no noteworthy consequences to a screw up in WA.
When things went sour at my work, I did not have the luxury to shrug it off. I had to explain to their family why things went sour. I had no time to process what had happened. There was no time to talk things over. There was no luxury of calling it a day because something bad had happened despite my best efforts or if I missed a diagnosis, because the next patient was waiting for me. You either swim or you drown and you're on your own because your colleagues have the same shit to work through and if a family really wants to damage your career in retaliation, you swore secrecy and therefore can't defend yourself either. I can tell you of a vindictive patient who was on a vicious campaign to soil someone's name (a doctor with an impeccable record, I might add).
I don't expect you to understand what it's like, but I will not just let you throw stuff like "playing with lives" at me and let you shrug it off as if it doesn't mean a damn thing, because it does. You have no idea how much this has pissed me off. Use your damn head before you click the post button. Use the preview button, read your post and if you find out it's a f@#!ing stupid post, dump it like the turd it is and flush it, never to be seen again.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2011, 02:18 AM »
It's not so much a question of whether you can afford a good keyboard or not, it's about taking the time to research the subject, finding out what would work for your needs and then getting used to it in practice. But even in the extreme case of comparing high quality mechanical keyboards (excellent models cost around £100) with cheap rubber domes (£10), you still have to take into account that the former will easily last you five times longer without noticeable wear. The difference in price over the lifetime of the products isn't huge, with build quality and general satisfaction firmly on the side of the mechs. This is all even more obvious if you replace the cheap rubber dome in the comparison with a flashy Logitech one costing nearly as much as something with Cherry MX switches. That's not to say that every mechanical switch is good for roping, of course, nor that it will suit everyone. Enter research.

f@#! off you poncy snobby git...

£5, Keychanger - Perfect.

I ain't wasting hundreds of f@#!ing pounds buying parts from this and parts from that, I done research it took 2 minutes:

Google - Keychanger - Done.

It's perfectly fair, making left control as space, is just the same as a company making space without keylock, if some have keylock and some don't it's fair to change keys for the ones that do, if you don't agree with this, then it's a difference of opinion, I feel I am logically correct, although neither of us are correct/incorrect, unless there was a global law against this...

k.

You being a doctor should be on the same line.

People dying, you use programs and machines etc to stop them from dying, therefor cheating life and the natural way of things.

You are wrong, that line doesn't "tell you what your opinion should be"

Saying something is on the same line, is me saying it's the same principle, incase you didn't understand:

"you being a doctor should be on the same line." is me saying "a keyboard that doesn't work properly, using a program to help it achieve something other standard keyboards allow, is by principle, the same as being a doctor, using technolody/programs/machines to help people back to other standard humans health."

And D1, about your little rant, that's your problem for taking it the wrong way, it was said as an innocent phrase and you f@#!ing KNOW that's how I intended it, I always do, you f@#!ing know I respect your work, I even quit smoking, partly because of you, don't start f@#!ing with me now, please, theres no need, sorry if you got the wrong idea, I had no intention, whatsoever, for making you angry/upset, sorry.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2011, 02:39 AM »
Wow. Just, wow.

I'm done with you.

Whatever, your too full of yourself to see...

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2011, 03:23 AM »
Wow. Just, wow.

I'm done with you.

Wow. Just, wow.

I'm done with you.

Come on... TUS is trying to get better and you arguing still...
That's not the way to make a better TUS page...
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2011, 03:32 AM »
Wow. Just, wow.

I'm done with you.

Wow. Just, wow.

I'm done with you.

Come on... TUS is trying to get better and you arguing still...
That's not the way to make a better TUS page...

D1 is over-exagerating...

He knows 100% I am not bad guy who says things to hurt people, and I quit smoking for 2 months now, because of D1, I respect him very very much, he's helped me change my life, so for him to say something like this, is making mountain out of a molehill...

Offline Husk

« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2011, 06:30 AM »
Apparently there are still some people that don't know if sniper's ban is justified. I understood that sniper used a script that changed wa's physics, and that sounds like cheating to me.

No fancy 300euro keyboard alone is gonna change wa's physics, I hope we get this right.

Offline Stripe

« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2011, 08:20 AM »
I agree, but why u ban program?
Is there any remap kay changer that i can still write and play on letters?

My script looks like this:

~PgDn::Suspend, on
~PgUp::Suspend, off

k::F8
l::space
.::space

I changed from remapkey.exe to AHK just to be able to write in chat and play in game. Now i need to start missing k and l just because AHK is banned?
For thouse who doesnt know what suspend do, it allow me to have k,l,; as f8,spaces while pressing pg up, and have my letters back on chat while pressing down -.-