Forums
May 01, 2024, 05:45 AM

Author Topic: Johnny - Notching explained.  (Read 9632 times)

Offline darKz

Re: Johnny - Notching explained.
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 02:25 PM »
I really don't know why you think that Rene, just look how much skill you lost when you stopped notching because you didn't know the calculations for angles etc, you were lost for a very long time without notches and practically had to learn how to BnG all over, I was lost at 1st too, but I just didn't give up, I played more and more and practised as much as I could.

You know, that's paradox because I actually knew how to hit any shot all over the map.. I just didn't use my knowledge but a different 'technique'. Whether that makes sense or not is up for discussion.. Some people enjoy this, other people enjoy that.. Always been like that. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 02:26 PM »
Sure, Komo. And counting the taps is a little trick too. :D

That isn't a trick Prank lol.

You line up your screen with the enemy worm, you count the distance, you now know you have to press the direction arrow "x" amount of times, you shoot, you hit because of calculations.

That isn't a trick lol, that's just lazy and boring.

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 02:27 PM »
I had a feeling you had a system Komo.  It's good that you are open with how you acheive your results.

It comes down to how far you want to take it.  I've always been quite satisfied playing BnGing using 100% instinct.  I never considered that if I miss a shot I could use my thumb to make the necessary adjustments and then have a fairly high probability of a hit the next time.

It's clever for sure.

I think I might try it and I'm sure my BnG will improve :<

It's a bit cheesy though.  I wouldn't call it cheating by any means but I can't fully work out in my own mind if it's 100% legit.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 02:31 PM »
I really don't know why you think that Rene, just look how much skill you lost when you stopped notching because you didn't know the calculations for angles etc, you were lost for a very long time without notches and practically had to learn how to BnG all over, I was lost at 1st too, but I just didn't give up, I played more and more and practised as much as I could.

You know, that's paradox because I actually knew how to hit any shot all over the map.. I just didn't use my knowledge but a different 'technique'. Whether that makes sense or not is up for discussion.. Some people enjoy this, other people enjoy that.. Always been like that. :)

That's a lie lol, because you can't notch shots like double banks, banks that transfer, nades that bounceback, then bounceback again, and others like this, you can't notch off pixels because you only have for example 1 angle that will work, it's all down to luck if it's right or not.

All I ever seen you notch was 3s, 5s LG, 4s full pwoer, 4s LG floorbanks and 5s LG floorbanks, and sometimes a bankshot.

Everytime you done a trick shot like, a double bank, you didn't notch it, you guessed it, and thats what seperates the skill and talent for being able to guess a shot from the boring machine-like notched calculations.

Offline darKz

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 02:35 PM »
You didn't have to take that literally, I meant to say I did know how to hit an opponent wherever he is on the map. Don't split hairs now. :P

And of course I don't know how to notch double banks because they're different depending on the situation. There's no accurate notching them.
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 02:35 PM »
I had a feeling you had a system Komo.  It's good that you are open with how you acheive your results.

Now open how I achieve my results?

Lol mate, I posted this method here over 8 months ago:

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/b2b/bng-advice/

^^ Number 6

I have constantly mentioned this in games with people, especially the b2b members.

And either way, most of my shots hit 1st time, if you watch the game I posted a link to on page 2 of this thread, you will see that "re-aiming with my thumb" is not how I achieve my results, I hit every shot in that game, except the 5s LG Floorbank 1st time, that's from experience, not a little trick.

I use the thumb trick only when I know my aim is like 1 pixel off or the same aim is needed ;)

Offline Prankster

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 02:36 PM »

You line up your screen with the enemy worm, you count the distance, you now know you have to press the direction arrow "x" amount of times, you shoot, you hit because of calculations.

Sorry Komo, but I think using your finger is the same. Going 100% by instinct is what I call pure skill. I don't doubt your skills, but if you stopped notching to improve in natural skills, why don't you stop using your finger too?
To be clear I only use the "landscape trick", but I do feel a bit lame when I do that.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 02:38 PM »
You didn't have to take that literally, I meant to say I did know how to hit an opponent wherever he is on the map. Don't split hairs now. :P

Sorry my bad lol, I get you now, but you got to admit, you were crap compared to notching when you didn't notch for the 1st year or something lol.

Offline darKz

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 02:42 PM »
Yeah but so what.. I adjusted to the community - I didn't have to do that, it was my own free will.
Plus I don't know what exactly that's contributing to the topic, you're just mocking me. :P
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 02:44 PM »

Sorry Komo, but I think using your finger is the same. Going 100% by instinct is what I call pure skill. I don't doubt your skills, but if you stopped notching to improve in natural skills, why don't you stop using your finger too?
To be clear I only use the "landscape trick", but I do feel a bit lame when I do that.

I would prefer if you didn't say it's the same, because it's not notching, if by "the same" you mean "just as bad" then you should say that.

I didn't start using my thumb to re-aim until about 3-4 years ago, about 1-2 years after I stopped notching.

To me, playing funners, I don't re-aim like this, but when I play league games, I do it alot when I miss the pwoer, I actually only really do it when I have the right aim but my pwoer is wrong.

I very rarely have the wrong aim, so it isn't as bad as you think.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 02:45 PM »
Yeah but so what.. I adjusted to the community - I didn't have to do that, it was my own free will.
Plus I don't know what exactly that's contributing to the topic, you're just mocking me. :P

Yeah me too, I ain't mocking you mate, you know how much respect I have for you when it comes to BnG, let's not forget our big conversations about BnG when you were joining b2b.

I am pretty sure it was KRD that convinced me that notching is lame, and made me feel like crap lol, so I was determined to get as good without notching.

Anyway dark, it's nice to see you finally getting involved with the b2b forums ! :P

Offline Prankster

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 03:00 PM »
Ok, I meant it's not 100% skill.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2011, 03:03 PM »
Ok, I meant it's not 100% skill.

Why not?

I am still "guessing" how much adjustment I need to make, I still have to think what pwoer is needed, I still need to actually get that pwoer right.

With notching the only thing you need to get right is the pwoer, it's straight forward once you learn it, I still have to get my aim right by guessing the 1st time at least.

Alot of notchers, don't even know where to aim, they might know roughly, but they have to count it out to get it right.

Offline lacoste

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2011, 03:03 PM »
[quote autor=Komito link=topic=6740.msg53609#msg53609 date=1297867467]
I would prefer if you didn't say it's the same, because it's not notching, if by "the same" you mean "just as bad" then you should say that.

[/quote]

Whole discussion is about that. You quoting everyone saying its cool and its different, and everyone say its the same, meaning as bad as notching.

I dont know why are you still running this discussion. Its obvious that fixing aim (REAIMING) with notching gives advantage while using finger/texture gives even more advantage. Im ok with both coz its undedectable, everyone can do this and i dont see the point why should it be banned. In both cases you use your mind (couting) or finger. It just pushes into meaningless discussions.
Bng should be about the way you mix shots and try different things, nevermind how you learned it. And its obvious that trying over and over same shot fixing it to the previous position then adding 1-2 pixels proves nothing. I can also shoot 95% of my shots somewhere around the worm then all i need is to fix power/angle with 1 pixel and execute it correctly without messing things. If both players play like that, the one who hits more first or second time shots will win.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2011, 03:13 PM »
I dont know why are you still running this discussion. Its obvious that fixing aim (REAIMING) with notching gives advantage while using finger/texture gives even more advantage. Im ok with both coz its undedectable, everyone can do this and i dont see the point why should it be banned. In both cases you use your mind (couting) or finger. It just pushes into meaningless discussions.
Bng should be about the way you mix shots and try different things, nevermind how you learned it. And its obvious that trying over and over same shot fixing it to the previous position then adding 1-2 pixels proves nothing. I can also shoot 95% of my shots somewhere around the worm then all i need is to fix power/angle with 1 pixel and execute it correctly without messing things. If both players play like that, the one who hits more first or second time shots will win.

Using your finger/texture to re-aim does not give you more advantage than notching, for me it's the complete opposite, you don't even know how to notch properly so how can you compare them?

When I used to notch BnG like a robot, I very very VERY rarely missed shots in league games, even using my thumb I miss quite alot.

You make it sound like I just put the aim out there randomly without even trying, and if it misses, aim a lil more, miss, maybe a lil more, and finally get it right.

In funners, I don't care if someone notches, as long as they are doing cool shots, but when it comes to league games, you have no idea how powerful a notcher is compared against someone who doesn't notch, I re-aim with my thumb in a matter of 1-2 seconds so I have lots of time to think about the pwoer and focus, I can re-aim perfectly without doing this, I don't do it all the time, but I do it quite a bit.

If my grenade blows right in front of a worm, I have to re-aim it and adjust and get the pwoer the same the next turn, it's hard just to get the same pwoer 2 times in a row if it isn't full pwoer, when you notch, you can practically hit every shot 1st time, and if you don't, you aren't doing it right.

And one of the main things against notching was people using it with the same 3 shots over and over again, it was just lame, 4s fp, 5s lg, 4s fp, 5s lg, maybe a 3s, 4s fp, 4s fp etc.