21 (36.8%)
I won't get gold medal anyway
5 (8.8%)
I don't like maps
4 (7%)
I'm Mablak and I play Intermediate only
15 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: I don't play TTRR challenges because...  (Read 4842 times)

Offline ANO

Re: I don't play TTRR challenges because...
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 09:15 PM »
the ttrr challenge is very nice and important, you are right.
I've tried too to do it sometimes, but I have not much time as well and I don't like to not do it in the way I wanted... Maybe also Husk is right, just do it, the times you can and then post the result... Just take it easy...

I personally try to do it more frequently...

I don't think putting sub-categories would be a good idea, you spend a lot of time in doing the run, you deserve the top, the only top which exists.

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 09:53 PM »
Don't know about others, but back in the TCB days, there was an incentive to finish as many challenges as possible, because you got TCB currency, which you could use to buy rewards. Back then, it meant replays, but there were other ideas like locked challenges for example. Unfortunately, TCB shut down before any of that could happen.

Offline barman

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 10:05 PM »
My idea:

Participants ant their times are hidden until the challenge ends. The only information is the numbers of players who participated. This way, people will not be discouraged by seeing someone doing 45 on a map on which they can barely pull off 60.

TUS doesn't support such features, but I could host an experimental challenge like this for fun and maintain it in a forum topic. What are everyone's thoughts on that?
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 10:16 PM »
I usually get bored after playing the same RR map more than a couple of times.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline HHC

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 10:28 PM »
btw I was thinking to make a ttrr cup similar like HHC made the elite champions cup, but there would play only the average ttrr players.. I usually feel after watching the player list of a cup that "this is not for me xd"

I would like that, even though it's hard to implement.

You could make 2 cups at the same time and divide people according to their presumed skill among the 2 cups.

Offline franz

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 10:31 PM »
yeah I think it just takes a certain personality to really want to grind out a map over and over offline over a week. Don't get me wrong, I love TTRR league play. It's probably just not for everyone, or maybe it's just the current setup that's losing value.

Since it's offline as well, there's less of a human element to it; just people uploading times at their own whim. I 'might' be interested if it was like a live event where you only have an hour or something, but I don't know, that might still be weird.

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 10:38 PM »
My idea:

Participants ant their times are hidden until the challenge ends. The only information is the numbers of players who participated. This way, people will not be discouraged by seeing someone doing 45 on a map on which they can barely pull off 60.

TUS doesn't support such features, but I could host an experimental challenge like this for fun and maintain it in a forum topic. What are everyone's thoughts on that?

It's a funny idea for a single challenge. But I don't know how it can help regular rr challenges :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline franz

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 10:42 PM »
well it sounds like some people don't like submitting times if they see intimidating times already. And I'm actually pretty sure this feature might already exist in the challenge settings: something like all submitted replays are private, and only allow submitting playback times to leave off times (though might be more work for the organizer). (though, not sure if private replays means the best run time is also private, so if that's the case, then maybe not so much extra work)

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 10:46 PM »
There is no ability to hide players though. If some1 will see "1. Mablak" then he will lose interest anyway :D I think barman wants people to see only personal position, and all other info is hidden.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 10:56 PM »
I'm not quite sure how this is gonna help. Personally, a motivator for me is seeing somebody's record and trying to beat it while I know the time/score, but that's just me an probably only a few other dedicated to that formula players.

There used to be more active great RRers back in the time (Cueshark, LH, Flori, dibz). I lost interest in playing those to be honest and don't have that much time anymore for grinding the times.

I could host shorter and wider maps, that should boost the activity for a while.

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 06:11 AM »
Looks like I have 5 dopplegangers to deal with, it's gonna be a long night. *cocks shotgun*

I just play them when I'm in the mood, which doesn't happen to be every week ;O. Though also I have carpal tunnel now, and it's pretty annoying to attempt any challenge for too long.

Offline Husk

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 03:50 PM »
Don't know about others, but back in the TCB days, there was an incentive to finish as many challenges as possible, because you got TCB currency, which you could use to buy rewards. Back then, it meant replays, but there were other ideas like locked challenges for example. Unfortunately, TCB shut down before any of that could happen.

yea I think this would increase activity

Offline taner

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 12:25 AM »
I'm too bad I haven't had any luck on the crazy crates mission

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2013, 07:53 AM »
Coz I am too bad. D:

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2013, 09:20 AM »
To answer the question:

Some people cheat

Too many people have better equipment

Too many people mod their keyboards

And I don't have time/money to do either of those to compete.