Forums
April 28, 2024, 07:42 PM

Author Topic: dST v3 S3 - Comments & Feedback  (Read 6887 times)

Offline Mega`Adnan

Re: dST v3 S3 - Comments & Feedback
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2015, 11:42 AM »
Komito, I want to confirm the scores of these maps. Sensei and I are confused by rebound rules in "Classic" and "Wings of beauty" map. Please also confirm the map I picked called "Sonic map" by shadowman. Thank you.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2015, 11:46 AM »
Komito, I want to confirm the scores of these maps. Sensei and I are confused by rebound rules in "Classic" and "Wings of beauty" map. Please also confirm the map I picked called "Sonic map" by shadowman. Thank you.

classic map:
5:07 Xan's turn

is it 5, 3 or 0?

sonic map:
we didn't have plops but some worms are positioned between numbers. Also wanna know is it lesser score or no score at all

Wings of beauty:
well, that's just fu**ed up! :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:48 AM by Sensei »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2015, 12:02 PM »
All these rules are covered in the Darts scheme page:

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-745/

Classic map - Xans turn is 0, you must close drill on this map before landing, check the Rebound Rule carefully as rebound rule is different on Classic than all other maps.

Sonic Map - You must be more specific, tell me what I must check and give me exact times to check, I won't sift through entire replays when I don't know what I am looking for or why...

Wings of Beauty - You need to elaborate, what is "well, that's just fu**ed up!" supposed to mean?

I also posted this in the "dS Tours v3 - End of Season 2 / Start of Season 3 - Feedback" thread:

Rebounds:

For maps such as Wings of Beauty the rebound is usually the lesser of 2 scores if you bounce off 1 part straight into the water, however sometimes it's possible for example, to bounce inside "10" hitting both walls on the inside then falling back out, in situations like this you will receive the points for the area you touched.

Although I am sure with the information in this post you can figure it all out for yourselves, however if you need any help, just ask :)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2015, 12:12 PM »
yes i thought so for xan's turn in classic, if he's 0 i think me and adnan are tied. will count score now.

about sonic map, take a look at:
3:16 turn
we're not sure is it lesser score or no score.

for wings - no problem, i think we counted that correct.. but my sentence "that's just fu**ed up" is about map in general.. Too much bounces, plops, rolls (from 10 to 3 even).. etc..

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2015, 12:29 PM »
about sonic map, take a look at:
3:16 turn
we're not sure is it lesser score or no score.
I will have to check this in the morning I am about to go to bed, or Hurz/Triad can check if they have time before I do.

but my sentence "that's just fu**ed up" is about map in general.. Too much bounces, plops, rolls (from 10 to 3 even).. etc..

Yes, it's because of maps like this we introduced the Rebound Rule, it enables us to play the map so players don't get 0 scores for nice aiming around bull.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2015, 08:09 AM »
No need to check the whole replay, just watch all final scores at 10:30.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 08:11 AM by Mega`Adnan »

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2015, 08:34 AM »

If it's that easy, why can't you do it lol?

Offline spleen17

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2015, 08:56 AM »

If it's that easy, why can't you do it lol?

He is asking about the rules for shadowman's Sonic map, if you are standing between the scores is it 0? The map page has nothing, same with a lot of SM maps.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2015, 09:13 AM »
Okey, just tell me this one then. Dunno, either I am so noob to talk English like that or you are being jerk to me...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2015, 09:37 AM »
Okey, just tell me this one then. Dunno, either I am so noob to talk English like that or you are being jerk to me...

I would never be a jerk to you Adnan lol, sorry if it seems that way, the way you asked made it seem like it was something you could have easily checked youself so I was curious why you couldn't.

I completely forgot that Shadowman maps don't have rules/gifs uploaded to them, and this particular map can be confusing because of it's target platform design.

Personally, the way I would judge that map, going with the spike rule, using the bullseye as a template.

If you are within the spike, you get those points, if you are outside it, you get the lesser points, i've made a quick sketch to show you:

Hopefully this is enough for you to sort out your game, please don't hesitate to ask for further help! Sorry for any inconvenience mate

Offline Sensei

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2015, 10:07 AM »
Yeah, that's what we did. Ty Komito.
Adnan, you may report scores, now we settled all misunderstandings.
One more time - gj for that dst! ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:09 AM by Sensei »

Offline spleen17

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2015, 10:48 AM »
Maybe would be a nice idea to add that graphic to the map page if possible (I know Shadow is inactive but maybe we could ask MI to do this?) Same with his other maps, add stuff like 'rebound rule active' etc.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2015, 10:49 AM »
Thanks Komito! :)
And sorry for misunderstanding. Though, it may be horrible heat that makes me type incomplete. xD

Also, I/you should post this image to the Sonic map's page.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2015, 10:59 AM »
Shiny World played for the first time in a tour!

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2015, 01:18 PM »
Shiny World played for the first time in a tour!

First bull in my first try ever, in dST! xD