Forums
May 04, 2024, 02:17 PM

Author Topic: Dj Max Trilogy  (Read 15596 times)

Dj Max Trilogy
« on: April 13, 2012, 12:48 AM »
Hi Guys,

So I've been totally getting back into Dj Max for the last month.  Hence me not being active on the worms side of things.  I'll be back soon I think and mix between both games like I used to before the old Dj Max free server went down and Dj Max was seemingly lost forever.

I used to play Dj Max when it was a free game in 2006.  Then the server went down and I had no choice but to quit.

Dj Max Portable was released on the PSP.  This was a great replacement although nothing replaced the keyboard for precision of timing those notes and nailing those complicated sequences.

When Dj Max Trilogy came out on the pc it included songs from the original pc version and also the portable PSP versions.  This makes the song list absolutely incredible; 127 songs to play and unlock as you go.

Missions test you on your ability to string combos or maintain accuracy during a song and there are tonnes of unlockables including avatars, different notes and skins all of which help you build your fever bar quicker, increase your strength or raise your tech level which means it's easier to hit notes at 100%.

Each song you are given a rating at the end for your performance.  

Ratings include a general % figure for your overall accuracy and also a letter rating which peaks at SSS.  You'll need to build up your fever bar by hitting 100% on enough notes to fill it up, then when you activate it you will get x2 for each note hit, fill it up again before it runs out and you can go to x3, then x4 and finally x5.  At each multiplier the speed of the notes will increase.

Notes falling quickly has the advantage of showing the patterns more clearly which can help you play the song by feel.

Overall this game is in my opinion one of the best games ever created.  It requires your feel for music, your gaming reflexes and timing, it rewards you with great new songs, and bonuses to make the experience very satisfying.

The other great thing about this game is the almost magical way in which you develop as a player.  At first you will start with a 4 key set.  Your first game on an easy song will require a deliberate and conscious communication from your brain to your fingers, a process which at first takes several seconds.

After some time you will no longer need your brain to think about the key positions.  It will all happen immediately and natural, it will be like reading music; the visual of the note chart.  Then you are IN THE ZONE.

This game is immersive, you find yourself buried deep within the music, obviously each button press is a note, a drum beat, a sustained string.  You are the song.

Songs are rated in difficulty from level 1 all the way to ridiculously hard level like 16s and 17s.

There are also 4 key, 5, 6, 7 and 8 key modes which are all awesome in their own way.  The depth and scope for this game is just awesome.

All I can say is developing a skill for this game is an almost zen like and spiritual experience.

Here's a video I made recently to demonstrate this game.
This is a level 10 song so I guess somewhere near the middle for difficulty.

I'll most likely add a couple of different songs to this thread over time if people are interested in the game.

See ya soon when I start playing worms a bit more and Dj Max a bit less :P

Pm me anyone who wants hooked up with Dj Max Trilogy.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:17 AM by Cueshark »

Re: Dj Max Trilogy
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:15 AM »
looks pretty hardcore

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:19 AM »
I used to play this, someone from Worms linked me to it and a couple used to play the PC version.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Masta

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:58 AM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:30 PM by Masta »

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 12:04 PM »
does this improve ur fr? x)!
should I answer? no cuz cueshark dont fr?  ;D

Offline Masta

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 12:16 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:30 PM by Masta »

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 12:22 PM »
I would say it definitely would improve your fr!  And your general tapping accuracy.

Offline darKz

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 12:30 PM »
I think you used to play this already when we were still in sCa, John. It's a sweet game, I liked it for quite a while, though it was frustrating at times. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 03:28 PM »
I can't play.

USB keys... damn asians...
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 11:35 PM »
I can't play.

What do you mean you can't play Ropa?

Recently added a new video of a harder song.  This game has one bad ass difficulty curve.  I will be coming back to worms soon.  Starting to miss it slightly :P

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 10:36 AM »
I can't play.

What do you mean you can't play Ropa?

Recently added a new video of a harder song.  This game has one bad ass difficulty curve.  I will be coming back to worms soon.  Starting to miss it slightly :P

Never mind what I said..

But this game does have great anti piracy measures.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 11:29 AM »
Oh I see.

USB keys....yeah.

As I said, pm me if you want to know more *wink wink*

Offline DioZ

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 11:50 AM »
haha cue im still playing it also damn that video is nice :D

and to the question about fr it helped me alot with the fr and timing :)

AWESOME GAME! <3

Offline Anubis

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 01:19 PM »
Doesn't seem better or harder than most Guitar Hero songs on Expert. Can you play it with the Guitar Hero controller?

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 01:52 PM »
its much much harder than expert songs on GH DiF.

I can say I could finish (not too well but still) Through Fire and Flames in GH3 and DJMax is a whole new level!

No wishy-washy, mediocrity reign, this game is long, it has a long long way from start to being "ok", it has a steep difficulty curve etc etc

I got it from a source that shan't-be-named *wink wink* and I'm now reaching the 7key pieces slowly.

Simply put: this game kicks your ass to Siberia and lets you limp back home on foot.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:54 PM by Desetroyah »