Forums
May 07, 2024, 10:34 AM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 41982 times)

Offline Krezo

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2013, 10:04 PM »
And it's giving a chance for new players to win some game vs pros and that is great motivation to continue to play worms..

But that's working against the whole concept of competition.

Wasn't classic league supposed to be the league where the best player stands on top? I don't see how Hysteria contributes in finding out who's the best overall player. It's a scheme someone who's decent at other schemes can learn in just a few days, maybe even hours. Try learning TTRR or Elite, it'll take you months or maybe even years to play these schemes at the highest possible competitive level. These schemes have the right to exist in classic league, Hysteria certainly doesn't.
Where's the problem in just moving it to a different league? Aren't we all happy then?

I do not agree with you.

Hysteria requires months of practice too... Just use right tactic and you will never lose vs new players.. Actually it's need years for bng skills..

and ofc.. we can discuss about other schemes too why they shouldn't be in league and what changes we can make in their own schemes. I heard tons of comments about how roper, t17... is only about luck.. but it's not 100% sure ofc.
No signature.

Offline franz

« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2013, 10:10 PM »
Franz suggested /teststuff to disable notching, but the rule needs to be forced first.

Here's a thought, (maybe not as win-win as my /TestStuff bng idea), but let opponents be allowed to force Tabbing through worms if they say they want it before the game starts. It's a drastic change to gameplay in contrast to /TestStuff for bng which is more a technical win-win change, but maybe it has a chance to appease all the Hysteria haters.

« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2013, 10:28 PM »
You're all making it sound like if a "noob" beats a "pro" at hysteria, then the noob doesn't deserve it. I think that's very arrogant, to say the least. I have actually played hysteria for competition (cups, tourneys, but by no means less valid then TUS single) and I have seen the same things you are frustrated about. Don't pretend I don't have a clue, Free.

This is in fact the reason I came up with randomsteria and have hosted several cups with that scheme. I don't tell people what to do, I just do stuff. People respond to that.
HHC wanted a new scheme and he made aerial. He hosted a couple of cups, listened to the responses, changed the scheme, hosted some more cups, and now we have HAL.
Bloopy and Lyndon came up with bungeerace, made a couple of maps and just hosted games. They did stuff, and it's still played today.
Hysteria is still alive today, because Run put some effort in getting the game out, a couple of other people hosted tourneys and you know the rest.

I'm not saying this to pat them on the back (though I highly appreciate their contributions, regardless of the outcome), I'm just telling you what gets things done.

In short: DO something. Create an alternative or use an already existing one, host cups or tourneys, host funners, ask orange to stream some of those games while you play and commentate, see where it goes and stop talking and telling other people what to do. I know how ironic that sounds, but I have done and still do a lot of stuff for worms, so I know what I'm talking about  :P

Offline Free

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2013, 05:37 AM »
You were referring to how I was implying that TUS doesn't make changes, which was already wrong. I was only saying TUS doesn't do much when it comes to balancing the schemes as we are talking in hysteria thread.

You also missed the point of my message, I didn't say you don't have enough knowledge about Hysteria (I mean cmon, its not that hard scheme to "get", that's why I threw out my 1-2 week challenge") but the discussion was about how hard it is to make a scheme more balanced in TUS and how you should play more, and in the top level so you actually see how the top players feel about certain things in certain schemes.

Incase you don't see it, I AM doing something, I'm trying to prove with my challenge that Hysteria as it is, doesn't belong to Classic league. I'm just f@#!ing tired of all this talking and nothing happening when it comes to Hysteria, I mean c'mon, the "vote" to add hysteria was from 08 with 14-11 with very little discussion, a BIG add to list of classic schemes that have been around forever.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:42 AM by Free »

Offline Free

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2013, 06:09 AM »
Most simple solution I can see is that keep HAL, remove hysteria, everybody's happy?

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2013, 06:32 AM »
Free i really disagree with this topic... I play all schemes in Classic league and Hysteria is my favourite, BUT i do not participate in HAL because i dont like aeriel, but if Hysteria was removed the only way i could play a Hysteria League game would be to play in HAL and that would be very stupid participating in a league where i only play 1 of the 2 schemes...

Just leave classic how it is, its working fine and alot of people pick hysteria check the stats! just because you dont like it dont try ruin it for the rest of us. Your being sour get over it.

And if you didnt already know Hysteria was most played scheme for last 13seasons.... its what the people want! https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/seasons-info/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:39 AM by pizzasheet »

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2013, 07:34 AM »
Maybe only remove hyst from PO to make it look more "professional" hehe. PO clanner with hysteria & t17 instead of elite looked more like funner.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2013, 07:36 AM »
OMG You guys got really pissed by losing that PO lol take it easy.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:39 AM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2013, 07:41 AM »

We are not. Several seasons before cFc picked hysteria as a PO decider scheme. We won it because daina had bad luck with self-petrol. This time you won it. Looks so random to me :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Breeze

« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2013, 07:55 AM »
I agree get rid of hysteria, replace it with intermediate.
That, or change Hysteria to be 1 worms vs 1 worm. 

Because you know in the end thats all the tactics amount too.

Your king has spoken.

Offline Free

« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2013, 07:57 AM »
Free i really disagree with this topic... I play all schemes in Classic league and Hysteria is my favourite, BUT i do not participate in HAL because i dont like aeriel, but if Hysteria was removed the only way i could play a Hysteria League game would be to play in HAL and that would be very stupid participating in a league where i only play 1 of the 2 schemes...

Just leave classic how it is, its working fine and alot of people pick hysteria check the stats! just because you dont like it dont try ruin it for the rest of us. Your being sour get over it.

And if you didnt already know Hysteria was most played scheme for last 13seasons.... its what the people want! https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/seasons-info/

What does stats have to do with scheme being flawed?

Yes I'm being sour, just take a look at the thread that darkz posted where Hysteria was voted as classic scheme. Half of the posts were flame and even SPW (seems to be considered one of the top hysteria players) agreed it shouldn't be in classic league. It was added way too fast without proper community opinion and discussion.

"Classic is working fine", no it's not, just check the multiple threads we have about schemes in general and about balancing them.

If people dislike Aerial but like Hyst, just give them their hysteria league, It's probably what the majority wants anyway, play their hysterias without getting owned in proper skilled schemes because of both players get to pick 1 scheme.

Offline Free

« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2013, 08:01 AM »

"OMG" this aint the 1st hysteria thread, and I made the thread when that hysteria was being played. That game was prime example of how hysteria is flawed and can kill people of boredom, came down to 1 shot after water was too high after side zooking for ridicilous amount of time.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2013, 08:10 AM »
What the hell do you suggest? Replace aerial to hyst ? i hate aerial more than hyst... imo, not hyst, not aerial cant be in league

I feel the same, I hate every single attempt anyone has ever made at replacing Hysteria.

you should play more and get in touch what pisses people off in top competitive level of gaming on some schemes.

*sigh*

But that's working against the whole concept of competition.

Wasn't classic league supposed to be the league where the best player stands on top? I don't see how Hysteria contributes in finding out who's the best overall player. It's a scheme someone who's decent at other schemes can learn in just a few days, maybe even hours. Try learning TTRR or Elite, it'll take you months or maybe even years to play these schemes at the highest possible competitive level. These schemes have the right to exist in classic league, Hysteria certainly doesn't.

Ok you guys are just simply annoying now, you guys don't like Hysteria in the same way I don't like TTRR/Shoppa/T17, I either don't have the time to become a top player in these schemes, or i'm just simply not good enough, at least I can accept it, you guys on the other hand are trying to ruin it for the players who DO like Hysteria.

Hysteria DOES deserve to be in the Classic League, every scheme that is in Classic right now balances out very very nicely imo.

If you had never played WA before in your life, all schemes in Classic would take as much time to become a top player as each other, it doesn't matter how long it takes to learn, it's about how long it takes to master and remain better than your opponents, the fact you people even say such a thing really makes me doubt your intelligence sometimes.

Like I said before, you (darKz) are, in my opinion, one of the best BnG players that ever lived, and you suck at Hysteria compared to the top players, and you have played Hysteria more than enough so that in your own words, you should own it by now, but you don't, cuz you can't accept the conditions the scheme offers, and you let it get to you, and you end up bitching and whining and wasting your time, because the fact is, Hysteria is in Classic to stay, it won't be removed, it's too competitive and popular.

I accept the fact i'll never compete with the best at TTRR/T17/Elite, and I don't care, because I love BnG/Hysteria/Roper and I am very good at those.

You all have schemes you guys are really good at, just live with it man...

And free, you are coming across as a bit childish right now, I know, i've been there, you really haven't said anything that helps your feelings towards Hysteria, in fact, you are just helping the people who want it to stay.

That, or change Hysteria to be 1 worms vs 1 worm. 

Random placement, DUH!

Offline darKz

« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2013, 08:46 AM »
I umm.. suck at Hysteria? Yeah right. I'm 16-6 singles and 27-8 clanners at that piece of shit scheme. And that was all when I still had a mouse with a broken cable which stopped working randomly, which actually cost me/us some games (this can be confirmed by my clanmates if you think I'm making shit up). Come again. :D

There's not much to learn about the scheme really, if you took off your blindfold you would see that. You pile as needed, when it's 1vs1 or 1vs2 you teleport around, try to hit some shots, teleport some more, usually until one player gets bored/impatient and just goes all-in or forces sudden death, and then either win or lose the game in 1 shot. A scheme like that... but I already said that. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2013, 08:57 AM »
I umm.. suck at Hysteria?

I never said that, i'll borrow some of DarkOnes words of wisdom here:

The thing about sentences is that you have to read them entirely to understand what they mean, not just the part you like or don't like.

Lol, this thread, Free/darKz/everyone against Hysterias, you remind me of the older generation complaining about the younger generations taste in music, it's purely opinion :)