Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:50 PM

Author Topic: Changing Classic League Schemes  (Read 24406 times)

Re: Changing Classic League Schemes
« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2012, 09:03 PM »
No idea, but i like to think that Intermediate > Elite thx to rope knocks among other things xd
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline darKz

« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2012, 09:17 PM »
IIRC .. When there were still ranks, there was an Elite and a Team17 channel where if you hosted there was no option to change the scheme, it was Elite/Team17 by default. In those channels rope knocking was impossible, just like it is in PartyTime now. That's where the rule came from.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Flori

« Reply #227 on: July 09, 2012, 03:29 AM »
w2roper schemes seems cool

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2012, 11:13 AM »
Bringing this thread back.. What are the next steps? If we are going to make some scheme changes and for them to become the new offical tus schemes we should probably break down each one and have a sticky topic for each scheme.

We then need to decide on a process and stick to it, everyone should be in agreement with this imo... We could have a poll and argee changes and make it offical.. Personally I am not in favour of this diplomatic approach.. Theres alot of conflicting views that will cause alot of delays, these schemes were created by Wooka with errors and its only through inexperience, naivety and repetition that they have become the norm.

I still think the mods (including myself Muhahaha) should take a decision.. Without sounding to egocentric i believe that some opinions and arguments aren't as critical or educated because there experience is only TuS league schemes and haven't played the schemes with previous variations over the years..

Offline darKz

« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2012, 11:42 AM »
I salute you Tom.
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Flori

« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2012, 11:58 AM »
the problem is that a lot of tus player wont vote for changes/ for not changes.

Offline darKz

« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2012, 12:16 PM »
the problem is that a lot of tus player wont vote for changes/ for not changes.

Yes because they feel comfortable with schemes like the current Hysteria being in classic league, because they have a shot at winning that way. Imagine it wasn't in classic league, they couldn't win anything because they had to learn other schemes. I wouldn't feel different if I were them, always nice to pick the easiest way.
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2012, 05:43 PM »
 Better delete Hysteria from your brain that Hysteria is a noob scheme than from league , it requires skills and tactics, Hysteria will not be deleted.
By the way this is the worst excuse ever when you don't like it and don't want to learn it.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2012, 05:52 PM »
i quote kaleu  coddio

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2012, 05:54 PM »
Kaleu that's not the point.

No one is saying Hysteria doesn't take skill. I've seen some high level hysteria replays and it takes lots of worm skill to reach that level of gameplay.

That doesn't mean that if anyone here had their life at stake based on whether or not they beat Mablak in one game of their scheme of choice, 100% of us pick hysteria. If you remove hysteria, it's Team17, or Shopper. Make of it what you must buddy.

edit: i'm not saying remove hysteria; a few tweaks to the scheme would make us move forward, since removing it would be counter productive at this point (this debate should of have taken place before the introduction of the scheme, not now)
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2012, 05:55 PM »
The hysteria debate needs to be taken to another thread i think.

Darkone made a great post that summarized all the ideas put forward and each one of these ideas need to be discussed and developed so that we can take action on all these issues...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2012, 07:11 AM »
Yes because they feel comfortable with schemes like the current Hysteria being in classic league, because they have a shot at winning that way. Imagine it wasn't in classic league, they couldn't win anything because they had to learn other schemes. I wouldn't feel different if I were them, always nice to pick the easiest way.

Dude you are so cynical... No need to reply here already have in another thread lol.

That doesn't mean that if anyone here had their life at stake based on whether or not they beat Mablak in one game of their scheme of choice, 100% of us pick hysteria. If you remove hysteria, it's Team17, or Shopper. Make of it what you must buddy.

Bullshit, i'd pick BnG, and i'd probably win.

The only scheme I see almost impossible to beat Mablak is TTRR, but for sure i'd think Dulek/Cueshark/LordHound/Dibz/Flori and quite alot more have a good chance of beating him in a live match. Plus imo you and alot of others would have a better chance of beating him in Roper than Hysteria.

Seriously you and anyone else who thinks people pick Hysteria to have better chance of winning are idiots, people tend to enjoy what's popular, Hysteria is only the most popular scheme in TuS Classic, any newcomers will instantly wanna know what all the fuss is about, and play it, damn you are so thick lol...

Man you speak too much crap man lol.

ropa/darkz - If TuS made ALL the changes you ALL agreed on, would you play more, would you give up your lifes and get active? I seriously think if anything changed nothing would change, you would still be pretty inactive...

« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2012, 08:58 AM »
The numbers and facts have already been presented before... you keep countering with anecdotes... that's not how you win an argument... like this statement:

ropa/darkz - If TuS made ALL the changes you ALL agreed on, would you play more, would you give up your lifes and get active? I seriously think if anything changed nothing would change, you would still be pretty inactive...

has nothing to do with the discussion at hand... what is the point in saying this?  Even if the premise is true and the changes are made and darkz and ropa stay inactive, that doesn't validate or invalidate the points they have made about the scheme... and this is why we can never have an effective debate when you enter the realm... it's honestly post after post of building straw men out of you
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2012, 09:03 AM »
ShyGuy, I asked the question out of personal curiosity, you got a problem with that?

Offline darKz

« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2012, 09:59 AM »
As Shy said that's got nothing to do with the topic and is by no means relevant to any point I've made. But let me say this, the guys who make the rules in most sports are most of the time not active anymore, aka retired ex-sportsmen.
~ Dubc 2010