Forums
May 03, 2024, 06:45 AM

Poll

Do you think Intermediate must be in Classic league?

Yes and games must be played bo3.
16 (22.5%)
Yes, but the scheme gotta be tweaked first.
21 (29.6%)
No. Intermediate doesn't belong there.
34 (47.9%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: Intermediate and Classic league  (Read 10295 times)

Re: Intermediate and Classic league
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2012, 01:05 PM »
Hm, your feeling deceives you ;O How did I ever made you feel I don't like you? My point still stands though. You shouldn't treat Inter players differently from others.

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2012, 01:09 PM »
wut? whatever
worm and learn

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2012, 03:11 PM »
i think any scheme that needs to be played more then once just to determine a winner shouldnt be in the classic league

i kinda like inter but playing one special scheme bo3 bo2 or w/e in a league where everything else is bo1 is just annoying, if you do this please tweak it so its suitable for bo1

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2012, 03:45 PM »
When inter was part of the classic league before it didnt work...

What makes you think that after 3 long years of TUS evolution (and WA community in general) Inter still has no place in classic league coz it failed at the beginning, when player base and players mentality about the scheme was low? Please dont say "coz poll says so". Also dont mention things like best of x and bla bla for the 10th time, im wondering why you keep repeating about the past in every sentence.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline sm0k

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2012, 03:47 PM »
i rly miss the old times when league just had roper/shopper/roperace/elite/bng/t17
6 shemes.. and now days they wanna add a 9th -.- bullshit -.-

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2012, 04:39 PM »
When inter was part of the classic league before it didnt work...

What makes you think that after 3 long years of TUS evolution (and WA community in general) Inter still has no place in classic league coz it failed at the beginning, when player base and players mentality about the scheme was low? Please dont say "coz poll says so". Also dont mention things like best of x and bla bla for the 10th time, im wondering why you keep repeating about the past in every sentence.

So, dont use the most recent poll as a basis to form a decision?

dont use what happened in the past as a basis to from a decision?

what should I use then lacoste?

Poll is clear, wanna stick inter in anyway?

Ive explained my reasoning (as you know), instead of telling me not to use common sense to arrive at a decision, you explain why im wrong to say what ive said, and you tell me why it would be a good idea to add it when the majority dont want it, go ahead... otherwise your post is useless.
worm and learn

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2012, 04:51 PM »
So, dont use the most recent poll as a basis to form a decision?

dont use what happened in the past as a basis to from a decision?

what should I use then lacoste?

Poll is clear, wanna stick inter in anyway?

Ive explained my reasoning (as you know), instead of telling me not to use common sense to arrive at a decision, you explain why im wrong to say what ive said, and you tell me why it would be a good idea to add it when the majority dont want it, go ahead... otherwise your post is useless.

You just keep repeating. The difference on me and you is that i believe its a good time to try it out once again even though im not sure about the result, but its worth it. You keep standing on your point like you would be so sure about it, believing in a public poll where you dont even know who voted and bringing some failed attempt from 3 years ago when league was created and barely started breathing.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2012, 05:08 PM »
You just keep repeating. The difference on me and you is that i believe its a good time to try it out once again even though im not sure about the result, but its worth it. You keep standing on your point like you would be so sure about it, believing in a public poll where you dont even know who voted and bringing some failed attempt from 3 years ago when league was created and barely started breathing.

right.

So you want it because you think "its a good time to try it". Good one.

The whole point of this thread was to see what people wanted, they were given an opportunity to vote. The majority of people so far have voted against it. Despite the fact that most people have voted against it you still seem to think "its a good time to try it".

Im using the poll (the main point of this thread), and my experience from what happened in the past as a basis to form my decision (I have every right to), and you wanna criticise me for that. :/

This is a POLL THREAD, yet you tell me to ignore the results of the poll, right... If the poll was in favour of adding inter would you still be saying ignore the poll? No you wouldnt so stop that.

Im entitled to my opinion, ive used facts and reasoning to justify my opinion (over and over), yet you just wanna tell me to stfu, "its a good time to try".

Dont shoot the messenger. If you dont agree with me make your own case with you own reasons like Mablak did, dont tell me not to say what I've said because ive already validated my reasoning over and over again, the only reason ive had to repeat myself is because people like you wanna tell me "you're wrong it might work", regardless of the facts.

Stop MAKING me repeat myself, by all means give inter ago (even though most people have voted no), just ignore the poll like you said lacoste because we dont know who voted. Yeh MI actually ignore the poll, ignore the data you set out to collect by creating this thread, ignore what happened in the past, add inter to the classic league, its "a good time to try".
worm and learn

Offline Husk

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2012, 05:18 PM »

Yeh MI actually ignore the poll, ignore the data you set out to collect by creating this thread, ignore what happened in the past, add inter to the classic league, its "a good time to try".

finally [/topic]

and this will happen when we finally get inter to classic league:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:32 PM by Husk »

Offline Dario

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2012, 05:42 PM »
Oh, 1 more thing I see people discussing: first turn factor.
So here the numbers:

Average of 10% more chances of winning a round were you start. Non significative difference between islands and caves (I was surprised about this, was sure the effect would be significatively bigger on islands). 95% confidence intervall: 7%-13%
Sample used: top half ONL overall ranking players, that's 14 players with at least 200 rounds played each-

It's up to you to decide whether that is big or small advantage.

Edit: there was also a positive correlation (r=0,68; p=0,01) between the advantage a player gets from first turn in caves and the advantage the same player gets from first turn in islands; indicating "how much advantage you can get from first turn" as an ability that varies from player to player.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:53 PM by Dario »
Momentarily not playing TUS league games.

Offline harpy

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2012, 05:47 PM »
Oh, 1 more thing I see people discussing: first turn factor.
So here the numbers:

Average of 10% more chances of winning a round were you start. Non significative difference between islands and caves (I was surprised about this, was sure the effect would be significatively bigger on islands). 95% confidence intervall: 7%-13%
Sample used: top half ONL overall ranking players, that's 14 players with at least 200 rounds played each-

It's up to you to decide whether that is big or small advantage.
  ???  :D gj man i,m whit u  ;D

« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2012, 05:48 PM »
No offence Nail, but you sound like Komo (no offence Komo). :K

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2012, 05:52 PM »
I expected better from you, I see you have nothing more to say so you accept my opinion which is good.

You must realise that you put me on the defensive, and if you talk down to me ill treat you with the same respect in my posts.

lesson learned eh 8 )

+ Dario I dont know how you work this stuff out but thats interesting info indeed.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:55 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Dario

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2012, 06:13 PM »
+ Dario I dont know how you work this stuff out but thats interesting info indeed.
Over 2 years of gathering detailed information of player winning rates, considering opponent, island rounds, cave rounds, cave rounds where you started and island rounds where you started.
Momentarily not playing TUS league games.

« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2012, 06:30 PM »
Nail, you talk about the poll like it was 90% anti inter, but it's almost 50/50. Those who voted inter has to be bo3 would definetly play if it was bo1 as well and vice versa. Whatever Monkey decides he will have to ignore one half and I guess it's kind of rough for him.

You made your idea of how inter is supposed to be treated very clear and you know as good as me that it can never work, because ONL will never merge with TUS and TNL won't have any activity with ONL being out there. The less I understand why you are against tus adding a scheme that requires the most tactical and creative thinking of all of worms schemes. Imagine tus classic as decathlon, where they don't say: hey let's not take 100 metres into account anymore Usain Bolt won't come and agree to throw the discus anyway. And let TRL, where all other disceplins are played separately, be your isolated league for "drochers" only. Maybe inter will land there some time. Maybe even the way you imagine it to be.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:50 PM by Jakka »