Forums
May 06, 2024, 07:43 PM

Author Topic: No Rules BnG - It's the right thing to do.  (Read 13707 times)

Re: No Rules BnG - It's the right thing to do.
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 08:40 PM »
good cheating idea

Offline Anubis

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 10:01 PM »
I would play no rules BnG instantly online.

MI approve it. :D

Offline K1NG

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 10:21 PM »
I thought the thumb-on-screen was just an urban legend, do some people actually do this?

Mr.komito does... and he's proud of that tecnique

Offline K1NG

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 10:26 PM »
i dont like ur "i know bng i pwn u dont" self description (like ur last post)

I can proudly say I play BnG the way it has to be... i'm not saying i Pwn ( because i suck ) I said i KNOW, pointing Komo's Thumb to get his aim... which i never do cause it's lame  :P

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2012, 10:55 PM »

there r some of us that really Know how to play BnG (roperz, Dj m4rio, myself... and others) who don't do such a lame thing ^^

I thought the thumb-on-screen was just an urban legend, do some people actually do this?

xDDDDDDDDDDDD
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline franz

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2012, 11:12 PM »
I don't remember what I said in the clanner Komo saw to inspire him to make this thread, but I agree with him completely.  Before W:A, Worms2 played bng with no rules, with this complex cups map, and multiple worms (likely due to manual placement missing), and it was fun.

When W:A came out around 1999, it had its own bng scheme again without rules in its own ranked bng channel, and it was nothing like how it is today. I don't have the exact scheme anymore, but I remember it being more spicy than the current bng scheme, as it had petrol bombs I think among other things (if anyone can find this old bng scheme, others may like to see it), but again the main point is that it was still fun.

After W:A's ranks and ranked channels got destroyed around 2000, that's when the W:A community leagues started making their own bng schemes.  That's largely where our current bng comes from.  Between 2000-2008, I will try to describe the progression of bng.  With every worms league WACL/cl2k/WL/FB/xtc/TUS, it felt like more and more 'fairness' rules were being added to bng up till today.  Someone also decided that all bng maps had to be flat and horizontal, so that stuck as well.

While bng settings may have stayed mostly the same since 2000, the mentality and culture of bng has just gone deeper and deeper into this ideal of HONORABLE and FAIR play to the extreme, that every turn now is decided by the fear of being called LAME.  There was no one person who ultimately decided what was LAME or FAIR in league play -> it just happened over time and no one challenged it.  It just snowballed into what we have today, and now most everyone is simply used to it and doesn't really see the point in changing anything.

I'm not saying it's wrong to like bng how it is today, everyone is entitled to think that.  I'm just saying that there was a lot simpler time when wormers didn't play with this sense of lameness and honor.  They just enjoyed playing worms as it is, a ridiculously fun and entertaining game.

No rules bng will always have my vote.

Offline Husk

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2012, 12:00 AM »

there r some of us that really Know how to play BnG (roperz, Dj m4rio, myself... and others) who don't do such a lame thing ^^

xDDDDDDDDDDDD

always a pleasure to put a smile on ur face mate (:

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2012, 12:01 AM »
I so agree with your post franz.

Might give it a try.  I would trl no rules. Im sure if its confirmed clearly and proveably by both players then no bother surely.

People should do that if they wanna play no rules. It's what I'd do anyway.

:<
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:03 AM by Cueshark »

Offline Prankster

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2012, 12:06 AM »
I don't really believe this thing is about the old scheme or the current scheme. Or did you have this kind of NrBnG (the kind what we are talking about right here, not something with petrols etc.) before?
If yes, let's think about that why has it changed.
If you still think that it's better, go and make it.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2012, 12:16 AM »
I don't remember what I said in the clanner Komo saw to inspire him to make this thread, but I agree with him completely.  Before W:A, Worms2 played bng with no rules, with this complex cups map, and multiple worms (likely due to manual placement missing), and it was fun.

When W:A came out around 1999, it had its own bng scheme again without rules in its own ranked bng channel, and it was nothing like how it is today. I don't have the exact scheme anymore, but I remember it being more spicy than the current bng scheme, as it had petrol bombs I think among other things (if anyone can find this old bng scheme, others may like to see it), but again the main point is that it was still fun.

just add jp and we have hysteria scheme, full fun, no skill
firstly delete lucky schemes, and then you can think about one of the must skillful
(I know worms is game for fun (and I really like playing bng as it is today) but don't forget it's league too, and this should show best players, if you are looking for crazy fun play comet dodgings (or however it's written) in TRL)
and who has made this topic? Player who left worms and wanted his rank to be cleared because he's not going to play league anymore, pathetic!

Offline avirex

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2012, 12:56 AM »
I love how your trying so hard to make a point, but oss just coming out as jibberish...

Most of you people think because it's the scheme you know, it's the best.. And thats ignorant

Offline K1NG

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2012, 01:17 AM »

After W:A's ranks and ranked channels got destroyed around 2000, that's when the W:A community leagues started making their own bng schemes.  That's largely where our current bng comes from.  Between 2000-2008, I will try to describe the progression of bng.  With every worms league WACL/cl2k/WL/FB/xtc/TUS, it felt like more and more 'fairness' rules were being added to bng up till today.  Someone also decided that all bng maps had to be flat and horizontal, so that stuck as well.

While bng settings may have stayed mostly the same since 2000, the mentality and culture of bng has just gone deeper and deeper into this ideal of HONORABLE and FAIR play to the extreme, that every turn now is decided by the fear of being called LAME.  There was no one person who ultimately decided what was LAME or FAIR in league play -> it just happened over time and no one challenged it.  It just snowballed into what we have today, and now most everyone is simply used to it and doesn't really see the point in changing anything.

I'm not saying it's wrong to like bng how it is today, everyone is entitled to think that.  I'm just saying that there was a lot simpler time when wormers didn't play with this sense of lameness and honor.  They just enjoyed playing worms as it is, a ridiculously fun and entertaining game.

No rules bng will always have my vote.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:02 AM by K1NG »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2012, 04:50 AM »

just add jp and we have hysteria scheme, full fun, no skill
firstly delete lucky schemes, and then you can think about one of the must skillful
(I know worms is game for fun (and I really like playing bng as it is today) but don't forget it's league too, and this should show best players, if you are looking for crazy fun play comet dodgings (or however it's written) in TRL)
and who has made this topic? Player who left worms and wanted his rank to be cleared because he's not going to play league anymore, pathetic!

I know I'm a little slow, but what the f@#! are you talking about?

Add jetpack to bng? Comet dodging?

As of a year ago I didn't know who the f@#! you were. As of over 10 years ago people played bng with no rules and it was very skillful, more skill then you possess.

Wait, what are you trying to say again?
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2012, 09:48 AM »
Notice how so far the only people who don't like NrBnG are talking jibberish and can't actually come up with any valid readson whatsoever to not have NrBnG.

k1ng, you notch zooks, you know how to notch grenades, you may or may not actually do it, but i've seen conversations which i've used google translator for including you and roperz and the proof was there although I stayed quiet about it because to me it's obvious you were only using it for bazooka, which isn't so bad in my opinion, I don't care, but I know for a damn fact, you know how to notch, that is much lamer than putting my thumb over the screen, to save time, I am a very clever person, I have alot of common sense, I figure out the best/quickest ways to do anything I enjoy doing, you are just jealous you didn't think of it 1st.

I can say this once and only once and if anyone is too stupid to realise then whatever I don't care and I am glad I am not them but here:

Notching - aim perfect 1st time, has a ridiculously high chance to hit target on 1st attempt if power is correct.

Using my thumb to re-aim - The 1st shot, I totally guessed, I didn't use any aide such as notching, or markings on the screen like some "lame" players, I missed because my angle was correct, the aim was perfect, but I failed on the power, I can easily just re-aim without using my thumb, but it would maybe take 5-10 seconds more just to check it was the same, instead, I put my thumb over the screen, quickly reset my aim, and put it back.

I know it might not seem like much at the time, but every turn I save myself 5 seconds to reaim, after 10,000 BnG's that time adds up, we are talking at least 10,000 seconds of my life, have been saved by using this method, this is the only reason why I do it, and it's justifiable to me, I don't need anyones permission to do it, and they can call it lame all they want, because even with or without using my thumb, I still play fairer at BnG than you ever will, I am clever for using my common sense to do this, and you are dumb for thinking it's lame.

Everything I do in BnG is natural, I don't use pre-constructed methods like some people, I play exactly how my opponent plays, if they notch, i'll notch, if they cheap, I will cheap, if they play a2b style, i'll play a2b style. You wish you had as much variety and skill as me, and you honestly just sound like a jealous loser trying to defend his even more lame friend, I really don't know how you can be friends with such a coward k1ng, but it's your life I guess.

And for anyone who thinks NrBnG requires no skill, I dare you to even try and beat me once at it, if not, then shut the f@#! up because you are just lying, it's harder to win than a2b, 100% sure about that.

Online Chicken23

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2012, 09:54 AM »
What exactly is working well about the current scheme? Give me an example, because all icaan see is complaint after complaint after complaint...

I had no problems this trl season so far. And when I look at the recent complaints, I see more complaints about someone faking, than I see for bng...
I always supported NRBnG, but imo the current rules work as well at the moment.

I totally agree with random00, i rarely have any problems with my bng games either. Infact vs my game against random00 the other week he asked since when did i start to notch! I just realized i didn't have to judge my shot by the cross hair all the time but another technique and he told me this was notching!

Random00 beat me fairly in that game, i had the angle on some of my turns to hit and push and put the pressure on him but he was more consistent. There was no foul play and i was fine with the way he aimmed.. even if does have markings off around his monitor like Anubis or notches prefectly every turn  ;) ::) :P

The only thing that i would change in TuS is a clear set of rules on darksiding, close teleports and add griders to the scheme. I think 1/2 a screen length is too long.. before in AL a close teleport was defined as 2 movements of 4sec grenade range, anything in that radius was too close, or 1 grider length, then that got changed to 2 full size grider lengths as an esitmate.

In old bng clanners close teleports werent a problem, this allowed you to even teleport to the same side of the map as your opponent which in my eyes still isnt legal. If someone is teleporting close to the middle of the map they leave themselves exposed to teleports on far side of their side of map.

I also think some maps with tigher hides would help, also try playing bng unanched with 0sec retreat time. This enables you to open up more shot options but also allows you to hide under lips of land and bank off something to get a shot out. If someone is notching or cheaping you, you want the option to have a well protected hide so that you can still fire and attack them.

I my opinion Darksiding isn't illegal. Darksiding is when your hiding and playing a defensive cowardly game. Look at all the old T17 stories about the Darksiding Buffalo and the Lightside Giraffe! Putting griders back in the scheme would help this.

What is illegal in bng is not having a possible shot, the kind of hides where you are just waiting on wind to fire and skipping (like what is legal in hysteria). Allowing more options for this will make it more of an even playing field, the option to darkside is good. It means your practicing wind shots and good banks! It also means your opponent has to do abit of digging with winds or grenades that explode on inpact when going for your cover.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:05 AM by Chicken23 »