Forums
May 21, 2024, 05:49 PM

Author Topic: Seasonal vs Overall.  (Read 9392 times)

Offline angus

Re: Seasonal vs Overall.
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2011, 04:00 PM »

In fact, I can get really mad when I lose a game in a certain way. That's mostly about BnG, because I alway try to play BnG as it used to be. Without repeating, overtimed shots or hiding where you can't throw direct nades. A lot of players don't play like this anymore, and becasue of this I'm calling them lame or something similar. ;d

Damn yea, I agree

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2011, 04:06 PM »
I do not understand what you mean ray. Google translate shit.

Speaking of just play often and with each ... nothing more. And let no one told me not to pick myself from who I play

Offline Husk

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2011, 04:41 PM »
topic favorited

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2011, 05:14 PM »
PL: Mozecie zamknac ten temat??

EN: Moderators can close this thread??

IT: Moderatori possono chiudere questo topic??

Offline Random00

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2011, 05:32 PM »
EN: Moderators can close this thread??

the challenge isnt over yet, so I dont see a reason to close the thread. ;d

Offline Anubis

« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2011, 11:02 PM »
Shouldn't the thread then be re-named to respect vs. random? It still says Overall vs. Seasonal, majority of this is a challenge. ;)

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2011, 03:07 AM »
For something that might actually be on topic... I'm pretty disappointed seeing how having a high overall standing lowers your seasonal standing, I no longer have any motivation to play TEL since I can't win a season or even come close. I don't understand why there aren't two rating calculations per game, one for overall and one for seasonal.

If the intention is for higher players to only play amongst themselves... even if we had enough players to make that work, there would be far too much trading off of points, all the good players would still be off the radar in terms of seasonal ratings. It seems like this system just encourages good players to get high up and then stop playing.

Offline angus

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2011, 03:12 AM »
It seems like this system just encourages good players to get high up and then stop playing.

I agree

Offline franz

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:54 AM by franz »

Offline seBa

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2011, 06:21 AM »
I understand to Random00  he played all the last session and now  in the new session he wins a shit of points xd, so its so hard for him climb in the standings, and that turn so boring play a league. I think ''TUS'' should do something about the scoring system for each session to be equitable for all players.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2011, 07:37 AM »
Whats so bad about trying to stay at the top and defend your position?

You aren't ahead by THAT much tbh...

But the idea of 2 calculations per game sounds pretty good, care to give an example?

Offline Husk

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2011, 08:07 AM »
yea, the rating does it's job, you have a very good overall, which only very few players could hold. so if u just keep ur rating somewhere up there, u will always have position for playoffs from overall rating, don't u want to get into the playoffs?

Offline SPW

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2011, 08:08 AM »
For something that might actually be on topic... I'm pretty disappointed seeing how having a high overall standing lowers your seasonal standing, I no longer have any motivation to play TEL since I can't win a season or even come close. I don't understand why there aren't two rating calculations per game, one for overall and one for seasonal.

If the intention is for higher players to only play amongst themselves... even if we had enough players to make that work, there would be far too much trading off of points, all the good players would still be off the radar in terms of seasonal ratings. It seems like this system just encourages good players to get high up and then stop playing.

That's so true. TUS should doing everything to keep good players active and not giving "noobs" an easy advantage reaching playoff spots. I keep my opinion there, I just want for a one-scheme-league like TEL a reset - after every season.

Save the Pro's!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2011, 08:11 AM »
and not giving "noobs" an easy advantage reaching playoff spots

If they are so noob, then beat them and stop them ;)

Offline SPW

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2011, 08:22 AM »
and not giving "noobs" an easy advantage reaching playoff spots

If they are so noob, then beat them and stop them ;)

Usually no problem, but when you only lose 1 out of 10 games, u still got minus points in the end. That's the problem, cause worms always gives everyone the chance to win just one game with luck. That's a good thing, actually. Watch at TEL Ranks if an average player like Killer starting with an overall rank about 700 points before the season. One loss, and 65+ points are lost. Even a average player like him can do playoffs easy then. Just "f@#!-up" one season and next one is easy to get in high positions. Or watch my way. I finished last season at unlucky position #9. I dont see a chance getting high at seasonal ranks in current season but also overall points are hard to hold / rise, so almost no chance to get into playoffs in case some players from last season keep their level up and got the limit of games (mablak, random00, mirux, crash, uber, franz etc). So guys like Killer are able to make the playoff spot much easier than a player like me, hanging around at that position from pre-season, which is just an huge handicap, nothing more.

U got it?