Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:24 AM

Poll

should hysteria be moved to the free league?

yes
no
idk

Author Topic: should hysteria be moved to the free league?  (Read 17213 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: should hysteria be moved to the free league?
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2017, 04:51 PM »
We need a racing league :D Not in TUS perhaps but once a year event like WO.

Something like:
* TTRR
* Bungee Race
* Jetpack Race
* Parachute Race
* Boom Race
* Golf
* Battlerace
* Super Sheep Race

Followed by a bo7 PO.

A person who mastered all these 8 would be considered far skilled than those mastered 8 Classic scheme.
Gabriel would stomp everyone in this setup, there is no one near to him in expertise over these 8 schemes, except possibly Mablak.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2017, 04:56 PM »
avirex, If you don't agree with what I said, then break it down, put some effort and theory into your counter arguements.

I don't even need to debate with you anymore though because DarkOne filled that position perfectly, more people should be like him, trust me, you would notice it's people like you who start the trouble, not me, although admittedly I usually escalate it because i'm relentless.

Who would kill his own worms in wxw/shopper from the very start? I know, not a skilled player.

It's rare, but it has happened.

But please tell me, if every person on the planet did, or didn't, what difference would it make?

Hahaha wtf komo,  you don't even know how to play those schemes leave alone elite. I have always had to told you everything you had to do.

You never HAD to tell me anything, I asked for your advice because I enjoy working as a team, you and daina were a great team and I wanted to learn your tactics, and I enjoy following orders in Elite/Team17, I had to tell you what to do many times as well in all schemes(except TTRR).

The amount of games you/daina literally just waited in Elite/Team17, and done nothing, and ended up losing when I presented ways to win, then afterwards you would say "ah yeah we should try that".

It's called being a team, duh.

You are MUCH better at me in Elite, and I am not ashamed to ask for help to learn from experienced players.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2017, 05:18 PM »
Tomi, I can answer most of these:

You tried only 1 way to play jpr: time trial. Even tho there are few possibilites. 30 sec turn.. fuel usage.. And no, actually, that scheme don't even need special maps. You can play it wherever you want. Even ttrr maps. (tho I imagine, it's not that much of a fun)

Boom race is a great scheme and surely in my top3 on W:A. Especially when played with rubberworm commands /sdet, /ldet. You have 15 seconds and must choose best artillery+angles to get you far on the map. Not only it's hard to learn how to control worm in those situations, it's pretty fun too. I hope plutonic manages to upgrade mapgen so we have good generated maps for this scheme.
You're right about golf tho. Small number of maps. It's shitty when you learn the throws.

Big rr - big screen? Cmon. It's 2017. If ppl can't buy full hd monitor and play proper big rr, then it's really their and not scheme problem. Even if you don't have/want 1920x1080 res, can always lock camera with ctrl+home.

Darts - yeah. I dunno too. This scheme is boring now, but I remember how much fun and competitive it was year ago. When 5-6 ppl will join ag and we were all in same host playin some tourneys on a wide choice of maps. Only negative sides would be teleports every game + fast learning of a throw and repetitive tactics.

I never said these schemes are greater or funnier or more interesting than elite, inter, bng... But in all off them luck factor is gone, what you can't say about most of the classic ones.

Offline Triad

« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2017, 05:32 PM »
Big RR: same, map whoring and it requires quite a big monitor for some maps which have big flies and the finish can be quite often draw.
When I reached #1 on Big RR overall for the first time, I was using 1024x768.with ctrl+home. Obviously higher resolution is better but smaller resolution is not a big issue unless you got used to play on higher resolution.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2017, 06:25 PM »
as for monitors and resolutions, wkD3D9Wnd paired with wkLobbyCmd ( https://worms2d.info/WormKit ) gives a nice tool to set in-game resolution to pretty much anything you would ever need
I use 1920x1080 for Tower RR and it works fine on my 1366x768 monitor

and talking of WormKit, why doesn't BnG have RubberWorm's auto-reaim yet?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:26 PM by WTF-8 »
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2017, 06:38 PM »
Rofl, I thought I am the only one who voted "idk". x)

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2017, 07:51 PM »
@Sensei, @Triad

Ye i know what you mean.. just to clarify my thoughs.. i was thinking some time about which free league schemes could be merged into classic league.. fortunately i had the best boom race player as a teacher (Ombi, who was also in the 3 best players of jrp too ^^, even though i hated that scheme back then :D) and when i started playing wa i liked the most bigrr and tower race.. on a netbook with 1024x600 resolution, whithout locked screen.. i was a hardcore touchpad user that time xdd

last though: free league is still f@#!ed up because of too long season :)

sry i am drunk, but i hope you get me xd

Offline Triad

« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2017, 07:55 PM »
Indeed, Free League currently is a mess. It needs some changes.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2017, 08:34 PM »
In last 5 seasons, I've probably played most free league matches. If mods will be willing to change smth there, I'll be glad to help.

Offline avirex

« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2017, 09:27 PM »
What's the point to try to break anything down to you for a counter argument? You are so close minded, it would not make a shit of difference...

For instance, you saying you seen it happen where a skilled player killed his worms as starting game strategy in wxw or shoppa...

You know it's not true, we all know it's not true.. but you don't care what's true, you don't care how dumb you look, you don't care about anything, except for. believing in your twisted reality, that you win the "debate"

Another example, you plopping your first worm in hyst is only because your other3 worms have good placement, and has absolutely nothing to do with tele pile.. lol again, we all know the truth, we all know the reality, even you know the truth komo, but you won't admit it... because you will never admit to losing your precious debate...

We can debate about what color the sky is, if one person says it's blue, you will say it's green, then tell everyone it's a matter of opinion, so your still right.

Here's one example that points to hyst being a broken scheme... even the newer players, that use hosting buddy, and host hyst games just for fun, hate tele pile... they will call you lame, cow, etc. If you tele pile...

So now you have both ends of the spectrum saying the scheme is broken, from newb to pro... but you will still argue.. so enjoy yourself, you look dumb. But that's just an opinion

Offline HHC

« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2017, 10:31 PM »
Here's one example that points to hyst being a broken scheme... even the newer players, that use hosting buddy, and host hyst games just for fun, hate tele pile... they will call you lame, cow, etc. If you tele pile...

Hmm.. it's actually the telepile that creates the strategic depth in hysteria. Other than that it's just 1 sec BnG?

Ppl do the same in shopper and roper, but it's a lil different there cause normally you can attack the pile. In hysteria it's harder, unless you tele on top near your other worm.. which again is strategy?

Even if the scheme is a lil 'broken', which IMO it isn't, it's still the most popular scheme.. among pro and newbs alike. Rid of it and you lose a lot of players' interest. Don't think a lot of ppl feel eager to play classic league just to get their ass owned by TTRR players who are ALWAYS 10 secs faster. :x There need to be schemes in which the playing field is more leveled.

Offline Krezo

« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2017, 11:07 PM »
HHC, I totally agree with you. The best tactic in hysteria is telepile. And of course hysteria should still be part of the classic league.

I see that people who are complaining here about hysteria are mostly newcomers or even players who play tus for years but never tried to play hyst, elite, roper, shopper... I guess they are just afraid but it not my business. If they thinks it is easy and lame to use it then try to beat MonkeyIsland, Random, etc.. (in their best times xD). Being good in bng or fast (e.g. jp+lg+zook) doesn't mean that you are good in hysteria. It is advantage but it has nothing with tactic. It is something that you can just practice in offline mode.

And people who think that BoomRace, Darts or Golf should be part of the Classic Leauge should first learn how to play current classic schemes.
No signature.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2017, 03:41 AM »
And people who think that BoomRace, Darts or Golf should be part of the Classic Leauge should first learn how to play current classic schemes.

No one here said that. When I joined TUS, you were among few ppl that helped me to figure out how this thing works. Wasn't much of a help, tbh, but I appreciate the effort.

Now.. you're commenting this thread after 1-2 years of inactivity.
I could say more about you personally, and give evidences of how salty as player you are but nvm. No one gives a f@#!. I'm always open to play boom,jpr,darts.. If you're the "real pro" you're not gonna have hard time winning all of mentioned schemes that you think every noob can handle at first sight ;)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2017, 03:51 AM »
why cant we all get along

Offline Kradie

« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2017, 04:22 AM »
why cant we all get along

To answer your sentence. It's human nature.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB