Forums
May 11, 2024, 09:00 PM

Author Topic: Team of experts  (Read 7157 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Team of experts
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 01:26 AM »
Since its double post failure I can just give my 2 cents about the Edit from HHC:

I actually believe that Hyst needs to make "sense", right now it is the only scheme where turn advantage is the best way to win a game. In other schemes such as Roper, elite, t17 etc. Turn advantage is good, but it isn't encouraged to kill your own worms in most cases (I remember very few Matches that even with turn disadvantage you would kill your own worms, exceptions to the rule etc.) but in Hyst its pretty common to kill a worm further in the line of your team to counter the turn advantage. Even connecting your worms like you would do in other schemes mentioned above is often no solution to it. After my short investigation in Hyst I figured that dealing damage to the whole opponent team without killing them is probably the best way to approach winning in Hyst. In my opinion, turn advantage is dominating this scheme too strong. So all in all I think Hyst utilizes a good amount of skill, but it definitely needs to get rid of such a strong turn advantage that people are encouraged too strong to kill themselves.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:46 AM by Anubis »

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 06:53 AM »
You should have to pass an IQ test or something... something that tests your critical thinking skills.  Just because you're one of the best at a scheme doesn't mean you can think critically about issues.  The council needs to be filled with objectivity, not subjectivity, or else there's no point in doing this.
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 08:10 AM »
IQ... That's genious!
Imagine everyone have to pass timelimited test, so we will know who is really smart and who aren't on tus ;D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 09:35 AM »
You should have to pass an IQ test or something... something that tests your critical thinking skills.  Just because you're one of the best at a scheme doesn't mean you can think critically about issues.

Let's just bring Julius Caesar, Saddam Hussain, Genghis Khan, Attila the Hun, Ivan the Terrible, all back to life, and let them control our community???

Jesus christ, WE DON'T F**KING NEED THIS, IT'S A F**KING GAME, GROW UP F**K SAKE !!!!!!! Sorry for language but what the f**k is wrong with this community?!? You all need to get your asses on Jeremy Kyle cuz you have f**king issues...

The League is fine, we have 2 tactical thinking schemes, 2 consistency and accuracy schemes, and 4 balanced rope schemes, we have a Leader (MI) who runs things better than anyone has ever done, WHY THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO RUIN THAT?!?!?!? WELL?!?!?

If you are power hungry or wanna be a tie wearing useless political twat, get the hell away from this website and do something else with your life...

Offline Rok

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 09:41 AM »
I'd like to nominate KRD and myself for the council.

Here in Slovenia, we've been changing governments, parliaments, comitees and whatnot like underwear lately - and nothing ever changes (at least not to better).

We'd be good at mantaining status quo.  :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:53 AM by Rok »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Crazy

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Boxers or briefs, Rok?

Offline avirex

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2013, 12:51 PM »
Komo, shut the f@#! up for once.. Your one of the main reasons nothing ever f@#!ing changes around here, if you feel strongly about a topic or not, your always here ranting like a lunatic to oppose any New ideas..

You have made so many empty threats to leave tus, i wish you would, and i can't speak for the entire community,  but i don't think we need to vote, play cups, or form council of experts to know the majority of tus will agree with that.

Offline darKz

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2013, 12:54 PM »
You must have got a lot of frustration that needs to be lifted off from your chest.

You can tell? It's because thread after thread (after thread..) about Hysteria popped up over the years (emphasis on the word years) and look where we are now, the scheme wasn't touched at all, not a single time. Call me ignorant all you want but this is a fact and can't be denied. Feels very much like talking to a wall, wouldn't you agree?
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2013, 12:55 PM »
Your one of the main reasons nothing ever f@#!ing changes around here,

It would be nice to think that, but nope :D

I am opposing this idea because it's retarded avi, jus like you.

And i'll decide what I say and don't say thanks, not you.

Offline Free

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2013, 03:12 PM »
Good to have this discussion but guess what, it will only cause flame, feeding Komo the forum troll and most probably ending up changing nothing.

Having the idea of "let the whole community have a vote" sounds good in paper, but doesn't really work in our community, which has more and more newer players coming and old ones leaving.

Like you can't vote until your over certain age, because of lack of experience, same thing applies here. Someone needs find their 2 hanging nuts, grab them and start making some decisions IF the emphasis is on catering more of us competitive players, which it seems to be not. Let's be real here, nothing has changed except girders in T17 and Hysteria (premature ejaculation anyone?). Example of Roper that Anubis brought up is a good one, we start blaming the player for being "lame" if he starts hiding on top from the start, when the scheme enables it as a good tactic and from competitive point of view, it would be simply stupid to not utilize the most effective gameplay. If we would play with money on stake, you can bet your ass hiding on top would be the only hide for the player who starts. Who would pick Hysteria with money on stake (if he has stronger more skill-based scheme to pick from), because let's be real here, you only have 1 second to execute your move which leaves a lot to be desired from "skill point of view" EVEN if you are really experienced in the scheme. Just as I wouldn't pick Team17 with money on stake because when 2 equal T17 minds face-off, it has too much emphasis on cr8s, same with Shopper on relatively easy map where hiding tactics are out of the equation, etc... Schemes are over 10 years old, if you really think they don't need any polishing then god damn the original scheme creators have been Wormy Einsteins to say the least.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2013, 04:00 PM »
How can I be a troll when I am the one defending? Man you are so stupid...

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2013, 04:26 PM »
Take a break Komo *pls
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:29 PM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2013, 04:58 PM »
guys, don't mind Komo... he's helping people see why we so desperately need this council
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2013, 05:17 PM »
You are all a bunch of muppets, pure and simple.

If you're dumbass idea actually follows through, I wanna be the 1st to say you have destroyed TuS.

If it happens you will see I am right, I don't care anyway, half you guys don't even f**king play lol...

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 08:39 PM »
You can tell? It's because thread after thread (after thread..) about Hysteria popped up over the years (emphasis on the word years) and look where we are now, the scheme wasn't touched at all, not a single time.

Because thread after thread (after thread..) we get flamefests almost immediately and we never got further than "REMOVE HYSTERIA WTF".