Forums
May 11, 2024, 05:46 PM

Author Topic: Team of experts  (Read 7154 times)

Offline Free

Re: Team of experts
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2013, 08:50 PM »
You can tell? It's because thread after thread (after thread..) about Hysteria popped up over the years (emphasis on the word years) and look where we are now, the scheme wasn't touched at all, not a single time.

Because thread after thread (after thread..) we get flamefests almost immediately and we never got further than "REMOVE HYSTERIA WTF".

Yeah, nobody ever said anything constructive about what's wrong with Hyst. ::)

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2013, 08:57 PM »
thats epic haha
You guys want team of experts so they can confirm the ideas. But nobody cant confirm idea about team of experts because we dont have a way to confirm anything now haha

its something like company that producing bricks. But to start working they need bricks to build factory and thats their problem xD

Offline Husk

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2013, 09:20 PM »
Here a replay about the 1v1 situation in Roper. Additional info in the chatbox at the end.

Btw I meant buffer, not puffer. XD

nr there

but I think blue lost because of that failed hiding at the 4:20 turn

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2013, 09:36 PM »

See, this is what I mean with the trouble of oldschoolers who don't bother reading what anyone else has to say.

PS: saying what's wrong with something is by definition not constructive. You'll notice that when someone gives you constructive criticism, they will tell you what course of action would be better to follow.
PS2: "REMOVE HYSTERIA WTF" is not constructive either, because for a lot of people, that would ruin TUS.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2013, 10:02 PM »
Here a replay about the 1v1 situation in Roper. Additional info in the chatbox at the end.

Btw I meant buffer, not puffer. XD

nr there

but I think blue lost because of that failed hiding at the 4:20 turn

But that's the whole problem, the probability for red to win is a lot higher since red can hide on top (more reachable cr8s) and blue must hope for hard cr8s for red or looses no matter what happens. It makes me feel pretty helpless as blue as my actions don't really matter (even with fd, no chance) since red will have easier cr8s and doesn't need to care about hiding at all.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2013, 10:05 PM »

See, this is what I mean with the trouble of oldschoolers who don't bother reading what anyone else has to say.

PS: saying what's wrong with something is by definition not constructive. You'll notice that when someone gives you constructive criticism, they will tell you what course of action would be better to follow.
PS2: "REMOVE HYSTERIA WTF" is not constructive either, because for a lot of people, that would ruin TUS.

So what about my conclusion that Hyst favors turn advantage too much, isn't that constructive? Why do you guys always respond to off-topic personal stuff that has nothing to do with the topic? You kind of talk around the topic, that goes for a lot of people here.

PS: Why can't I delete my own posts? I think that used to be a possibility?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:10 PM by Anubis »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2013, 10:33 PM »
Kai, it doesn't favour it if you can control the situation.

Offline Peja

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2013, 10:38 PM »
After my short investigation in Hyst I figured that dealing damage to the whole opponent team without killing them is probably the best way to approach winning in Hyst. 

same as in shopper, wxw, roper and in parts in elite xD

VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2013, 10:46 PM »
So what about my conclusion that Hyst favors turn advantage too much, isn't that constructive?
Nope, it points out what's wrong, it doesn't give any solutions. Constructive criticisms provide solutions to problems.

Why do you guys always respond to off-topic personal stuff that has nothing to do with the topic? You kind of talk around the topic, that goes for a lot of people here.
I've been wondering the same (not about you btw).

As for on-topic stuff again: not sure how the council of experts would be chosen. Thing with these decisions is they're still opinion based and therefore rely on the council's taste in schemes. I can think of a lot of people with good, clear thinking minds who also happen to love bungeerace. We could get bungeerace in classic league! Not saying they would do that - it doesn't belong there, but choosing these people already pushes decisions towards opinions you already share.

Personally, I'm not a fan of selecting this small group of experts for this reason (and a couple of others), but out of curiosity, I'm wondering what you had in mind for the selection criteria.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2013, 12:21 AM »
So what about my conclusion that Hyst favors turn advantage too much, isn't that constructive?
Nope, it points out what's wrong, it doesn't give any solutions. Constructive criticisms provide solutions to problems.

Why do you guys always respond to off-topic personal stuff that has nothing to do with the topic? You kind of talk around the topic, that goes for a lot of people here.
I've been wondering the same (not about you btw).

Well okay, guess I should have pointed out a solution, so what came to my mind is obvious 1 worm select to make piling a higher risk, seems like this is no possibility since most disagree with it, it's no option? Another thing could be to limit teleport to 8 (2 teleports for each worm basically), this way you have to decide whether you want to keep the teleports for a turn advantage situation or to get out of a risky situation/save it for late game. One of the things that are important when balancing is a proper risk/reward situation. We kind of did the same in Team17 when placing Girders non-stop was kind of abusive since all you would do is block, block, block. That was a good step in my opinion for T17. What I like most about Hyst is the jetpack, but it kind of falls short because of the endless teleporting ability, shifting the focus on using the jetpack to attack and moving around with it would clearly benefit this scheme. (too much bng, too less jetpack)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:23 AM by Anubis »

Offline avirex

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2013, 12:35 AM »
i think a good step to take next is making a list of wormers to be in the council....

we should all give names (make sure they are well thought out) players we think will be interested in this roll, have good knowledge of most, if not all schemes, and are generally "smart" people...

if everyone gives a list of 7 wormers, the 7 worms that get most mentions can start making some progress, without komo being a thorn in every ones side, and talking about how great he is, how long he has stayed awake, and how much vodka he has drank

heres my list..

shyguy
free
barman
HHC
franz
crazy
darkone

ps: i tried to make my list balanced, and players that cover different schemes, and who i think may work well together in making decisions.  i encourage others to try the same.

Offline Free

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2013, 07:53 AM »

Exactly same thing applies to you.

Offline avirex

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2013, 10:44 AM »
ok, guess our team of experts ends here... this community is hopeless

hysteria anyone?

Offline Husk

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2013, 11:38 AM »
sure =) ag any1? I am in ag

I mean come ag xD for hystr!

Offline Prankster