Forums
April 28, 2024, 02:17 AM

Author Topic: Team of experts  (Read 7076 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Team of experts
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 07:11 PM »
The first thing I would fix is Roper since going first in 1v1 is default victory, you can hide on top from the beginning.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 08:18 PM »
i like this idea, since all good ideas in the past about shemes wasnt even checked by most of interesed this looks for better idea.

we dont need to remove anything, but for sure bng, roper need to be fixed !

i would fix even wxw....... look for desetroyah sheme of wxw - this would be perfect for competentive wxw game !

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-776/

!!!!

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 08:25 PM »
do you guys know every rule on bng can be avoided? re-aiming? I have to re-aim angle even without this rule to count notches from 0 haha. even girders. You can put girder only as bank, this way you can tele on saveful hide, and build a good hide saying you are working on bank, after you make your hide perfect you can tele on it lol.

Offline Random00

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 09:44 PM »
I like the idead, thumbs up. :)

Offline Husk

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 09:50 PM »
The first thing I would fix is Roper since going first in 1v1 is default victory, you can hide on top from the beginning.

yet it doesn't happen

or can u show us an example of such match?

Offline Prankster

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 10:16 PM »
Lol Random, you can just edit your post if you mistyped something :D

Offline darKz

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 11:09 PM »
just a small portion of old schoolers

I'm kinda losing faith in this community. It's us who kept the game alive for so long, it's us who have the most experience in leagues and competitive worms. Of course our opinions should be regarded higher than those of some guys who have been playing for 1 or 2 years and achieved mediocre league results.

But yeah it's just a small portion of old schoolers, might as well ignore them. I hate the way "democracy" is executed on TUS, we keep talking about this stuff because it's important to us, page after page, and the only thing that ever happens is Komo spamming the topic with his f@#!ing opinion and people saying "host a cup". If MI can't make decisions on his own (with more than enough input by many people) then that's fine, let someone else do it. But do something.

In times like these I just wish MI was a little bit more like Kiros. Yeah that's right, I'd rather be banned from this league than be ignored.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 11:53 PM »
I guess we have a divide then, because it's the desires of what you want that will make me stop participating in the League here whatsoever.

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 12:18 AM »
Problem I see with a lot of oldschoolers that posted is that they are very busy stating their own opinion and then not reading what anyone else has to say. Again: ignoring means not reading or responding to what you have to say in any way - this did not happen. You can disapprove all you want about how things are handled, but stop saying TUS ignores you - if anything, I've seen a lot of people ignore whatever was said by pro hysteria players.

To say "it's us who kept the game alive for so long" is perhaps also a bit shortsighted. One person's newbie is another person's oldschooler. Unless you want to single out people who have played WA since it was released. That still doesn't necessarily make their opinion better than others. That's argument from authority, which is a useless argument. I'm relatively new to the field of radiology, but if I disagree with one of the radiologists about a scan, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm wrong. It's the reasoning behind an argument that counts. Doesn't matter if franz says it or (I can't believe I'm saying this) if taner says it.

People who have played this game a long time can still have dumb and unreasoned opinions (though I'm certainly not saying this is the case for all of them ;)) and people who have played this game only for a short time can still have wonderful ideas and strong arguments.

The reason I keep proposing cups/tournaments is because I'm not arrogant enough to say 'This is my opinion and therefore, this must happen'. Consider cups/tournaments as a way to get a lot of games played with a change in settings. Because if there's one thing constant in WA over the years it's people exploiting schemes' weaknesses to the max. You make a change to the league scheme, a new problem arises and you have to change it again. Better to do it right than to do it wrong and have a lot "wrong scheme" complaints.

So how would you decide on these players who will decide what happens?

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 12:33 AM »
I would be an unholy nightmare if I got my say in this.  I would cancel every scheme except for bng and roper.  I'd nuke tus back to the w2 days ;D

Offline Crazy

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 12:51 AM »
I can see the good thought behind this idea... I'm a bit sceptical on the reasons this council is based upon though. Who are to judge who's an "expert"? If you're oldschool, you're automatically an expert? It shouldn't work that way. You don't have to gain power in TUS to have your opinion being heard, even if it might feel like it at times.

The way Elite was changed during FB, without the majority of the community supporting the change, is also something I'm concerned of. That we will have changes that is not supported by the majority of the community, (as Free puts it, they are being forced on ) and valuable members of the community leaving as a result of the change. Dark, I don't understand some of your arguments. They seem to be so ignorant that I was about to fall of my chair when reading them. You must have got a lot of frustration that needs to be lifted off from your chest.

There are many pros and cons that needs to be discussed and thought over in this case. I'm a bit surprised to see such an influent member like Random put his thumbs up so quickly without reasoning his support of the idea
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:07 AM by Crazy »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 01:07 AM »

yet it doesn't happen

or can u show us an example of such match?

Because people are too nice I guess (or lack of knowledge),  I told Bonhert about this some time ago, he said he wanted to test it and one day he msged me that it worked, dunno which game# though. Maybe he reads this to show us the replay.

Offline HHC

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 01:08 AM »
I'm kinda losing faith in this community. It's us who kept the game alive for so long, it's us who have the most experience in leagues and competitive worms. Of course our opinions should be regarded higher than those of some guys who have been playing for 1 or 2 years and achieved mediocre league results.

Yes.

But yeah it's just a small portion of old schoolers, might as well ignore them. I hate the way "democracy" is executed on TUS, we keep talking about this stuff because it's important to us, page after page, and the only thing that ever happens is Komo spamming the topic with his f@#!ing opinion and people saying "host a cup". If MI can't make decisions on his own (with more than enough input by many people) then that's fine, let someone else do it. But do something.

MI has to look after the interests of the whole community, of the league as a whole. I'm sure you can understand that if the vast majority of players want to keep hysteria in there's little incentive for him to throw it out and risk losing these players.
Furthermore, it's not like ALL the oldschoolers agree on the matter. Some want hyst completely abolished, some want it demoted to free, others want to keep it at all cost and then there's a group that want it to be 'fixed' but kept, as well as a group that wants to switch to a 3 sec scheme, etcetera, etcetera.

You have little reason to feel ignored. Just because MI doesn't opt for your personal preference doesn't mean he isn't open to any criticism/new ideas/changes. It just means he thinks it's more wise to choose a different path.

If you had your say in the matter, the opinion of over 80% of TUS players would be ignored.

And no, those 80% aren't just noobs who know no better and need old school guidance. I can tell Komo is strongly against abolishment, so is the TUS staff and so am I. We're all oldschool as well, and with just as much expertise as you and Free and other 'opponents'.

You can post page after page pressing for changes, but if you can't convince people the road ends there.

edit: Dark, by 'small portion of old schoolers' I meant that not all old schoolers are behind your ideas. It's not right to claim to speak on behalf of 'old schoolers' when you really mean you, Free, Anubis and 1 or 2 guys from CF.  :-[ It gives people the impression that ALL old schoolers wanna get rid of hyst and that the formation of a council of experts, if it were a council of old schoolers, would immediately kick it out if it came into existence.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:20 AM by HHC »

Offline OrangE

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 01:20 AM »
Lets host a cup to decide who will be in the expert team.

rofl

Offline Anubis

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 01:26 AM »
Here a replay about the 1v1 situation in Roper. Additional info in the chatbox at the end.

Btw I meant buffer, not puffer. XD
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:49 AM by Anubis »