Forums
April 26, 2024, 02:30 AM

Author Topic: Team17 for clanners  (Read 2508 times)

Offline HHC

Team17 for clanners
« on: April 17, 2013, 08:24 PM »
Can this scheme be fixed?

Were leading with 4 worms, of which 2 healthy (frozen) vs 2 worms of which one was skunked as well. And still lost  :(

In singles T17 works fairly ok, although you still need luck with the SD weaps. But in clanners it's a different matter.
Basically, this scheme could use a 5-10 min longer round time. Cause you can't rotate between all 4 worms and because people generally take longer turns in clanner games, the time till SD is really short. You only get about 6 turns each until SD sets in. You can do some damage, but by far not enough to decide a game prior to SD.

And since the turns take longer and you can't rotate all 4... you pick up less crates as well. In most cases both clans pick up about 15-18 weaps each. And with the very low probability of SD weaps it's really a matter of pure luck who happens to get that Aquasheep  :-[

I've played about 8 clanners this season and I can't remember winning a single one :o
Everytime it dwells down to who gets that special weap in late SD and everytime I get f*cked  >:(

- Proposal: increase round time with 8 more minutes.
- Proposal 2: up the SD probability. It sucks to have SD weaps fight, but it's more fair than 1 player getting it all and the other getting absolutely zero. Even if you totally pwn the regular time, you can still get owned in the end just because you didn't get a single SD crate. (which happens a lot).
- Proposal 3: kick the scheme out. Love it maybe more than any other scheme, but in clanners it just sucks ass  :(
- Proposal 4: play it on island maps. lal  ;D
- Proposal 5: include the old 2 worm switches. That will make attacking a little easier. Even though WS'es piss me off in general..

All that goes for the scheme in clanners. In singles it's right as it is  :-[

Offline Hussar

Re: Team17 for clanners
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 08:27 PM »
i said it many many times , just add 1 HOMING to each inventory !

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 08:29 PM »
That's a good plan Berria. Will fix a lot.

Another proposal: Limit the girders even further in clanners.

Offline Uzurpator

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 08:32 PM »
make sd witout water rise maybe,crazy idea,but why not

03:08: surgeonb2b`ckc> eh Uzur ur my nightmare

Offline Peja

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 11:10 PM »
lololo rage thread xD

you didnt get owned by sd weaps this game, they just killed  worms in open combat, and well u guys didnt care much for collecting crates. cant see any sign of scheme flaw in the game u mentioned. what i really would like to fix would be decreasing chances for cows. those shits come way 2 often, and are damm powerful.

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 11:30 PM »
you didnt get owned by sd weaps this game, they just killed  worms in open combat

Yeah.. cause we had to tele over to attack. Exactly BECAUSE we had no sd weaps.

and well u guys didnt care much for collecting crates.

We tried our best to collect them, but we ain't gonna tele in closed off spots that block us for turns to come just to get a 0.05% chance of an SD weap.

cant see any sign of scheme flaw in the game u mentioned.

It's not just this game, it's the whole season.. A guy who can easily get into Team17 TRL playoffs, and even gets voted best T17 player in the awards fails to win more than 10% of the games in clanners... it makes you think.

what i really would like to fix would be decreasing chances for cows. those shits come way 2 often, and are damm powerful.

They are common indeed. But without them you can do even less dmg :(

Uzurpator has a point IMO. This scheme depends way too heavily on 3 or 4 SD turns. It's the normal game time in which you gotta strike if you want to gain the upperhand in the SD phase.
In clanners that normal game time is too short and has but a negligable effect on the outcome of the entire game. It seems like the best strategy to follow is to just tele your worm to the latest crate that fell and f@#! everything else.
That's just noob shit any guy can do. Same goes for the SD play really.

Pretty sure other pro Team17 players, like MI, will feel the same. That 2vs2 Team17 is totally different from 1vs1.. that all advanced strategies tend to fail there and that in the end it just comes down to being lucky enough to have lady Fortune on your side.

I like to give Uzur's idea a try. SD without water rise. Because yeah, without a fix 2vs2 team17 is kinda bogus  :(

Offline avirex

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 11:59 PM »
lol any time anyone wants to improve a scheme, peja is the first one there to reject it :D

Offline Peja

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 12:10 AM »
lolo right, i never supported your w2 roper, i never supported ropeknocking in elite and t17. imo if you wanna improve t17 talk with van, he already is/was working on it.

Offline Rogi

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 12:29 AM »
Maybe try to go wxw way, and add health crates ?? xD

If seriously, i remember like i played t17 with 2 draws... damn it, so homing is good idea + delete some shit wpns like mole(i really didnt see the good application of this) or change power of that.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 06:57 AM »
Well I never liked Team17 clanners because you don't have control over your 4 worms and this changes a lot.
I watched the game, and Aef did major mistakes. 4 worms and you are trapped in 1/3 map while 2 other worms are ruling 2/3 map. Then you are teleporting your worms one by one into the 2/3 field without having any backup by your other worms, wth? making a steak sandwich for them?

Adding one homing missile doesn't solve much and it will change game strategy.
"No SD time" won't be Team17 anymore.
Increasing round time, this could work but 8 mins? That seems a lot.

How about decreasing water rise level in clanners?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline deejay

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 08:32 AM »
 the reason this game was lost was merely because of poor planning/strategy.. there were tons of mistakes made and very few crates grabbed on your part.  thats what cost you the game.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 08:47 AM »
Can this scheme be fixed?

Were leading with 4 worms, of which 2 healthy (frozen) vs 2 worms of which one was skunked as well. And still lost  :(

I've been saying this for like forever.

And now that you lose a game you're inclined to agree.

hahaahaahahaahhahh

jajaaj
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline HHC

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 09:21 AM »
the reason this game was lost was merely because of poor planning/strategy.. there were tons of mistakes made and very few crates grabbed on your part.  thats what cost you the game.

I beg to differ. I think we played it well considering the circumstances. We did major damage in regular time, but had to make offensive moves in SD which didn't work out too well, but did we have a choice there? By the time you had 1 or 2 girders left the water was already near the top. Torching through the land woulda taken too long, so we tele'd in and hoped for my frozen worm's HP and our worm switch to still enable us to take you guys out. It was either that or settle for a possible draw IMO.

It is true we didnt get too many crates, but was it our fault? The turns that we lost that big space up are the turns we used to kill 2 worms (and almost killed more if that cow attack on the bottom had been a little bit more lucky). Once SD hit (after just a few turns) it was too late to 'conquer' that zone and we had to settle for the right. At that point you can choose between collecting 4 or 5 crates and hoping there's an SD in it (which isnt likely, certainly not 2) or go out and attack. We did the latter and it costs us.

I'd like to hear what you would have done different in the few turns we had. I really don't think we had many other options than the ones we made.

It's not this 1 game as I mentioned. It's the whole season this shit is going on. And the seasons before that as well.

@ropa: oh yeah sure, I was just nice enough to copy your posts.. my god.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 09:45 AM »

@ropa: oh yeah sure, I was just nice enough to copy your posts.. my god.

Come on now, I'm celebrating we agree on something at least partially.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline franz

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 11:18 AM »
T17 already takes a long time, but make it longer changing SD?  Draws would be even more unbearable.  Maybe the more turns you're wanting are obtainable through shorter turn time.