Forums
May 19, 2024, 08:48 PM

Poll

Do you want w2Roper scheme to be added to TUS league?

Yes, as a second choice to classic roper.
No!

Author Topic: w2rope scheme ***please read***  (Read 23250 times)

Offline avirex

Re: w2rope scheme ***please read***
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2010, 02:34 AM »
are we ever going to get this scheme into TUS league? im really sick of playing w:a roper, its boring, and lucky...  what steps do i have to take to get w2rope into the league? it seems plenty of people like it, whats the hold up?  MonkeyI, talk to me man.. talk to me!! :p

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2010, 05:16 AM »
I added a poll. Lets see :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline ANO

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2010, 08:59 AM »
\m/ add it!  :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2010, 02:45 PM »
everyone that has actually tried this scheme, sez its better then regular roper, i would imagine that people voting no, are the ones who have not even tried it...

even if the no vote overtakes the yes, id like people to post valid reasons why its gettin no votes...

i dont think w2w or shoppa should be schemes, but they are...  me and alot of people will be pretty upset if this does not come to tus.. but i guess we will just have to wait and see.

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2010, 02:52 PM »
Id wait a bit longer before making a poll, you've really rushed into this whole w2rope thing.

Im not saying I dont like it or that it shouldnt be added, but id give people time to play it for a while before you rush into making a poll, it will be better for the sheme that way!

+ ah MI added the poll, even still, your more likely to get yes votes once the scheme becomes more familliar.
worm and learn

Offline avirex

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2010, 03:06 PM »
no1 is even giving it a try... the people that have played more then 1 game of this scheme see the difference, and want the scheme.. i have no yet had anyone that actually played the scheme with me, not say its more tactics involved, and just an all around better scheme....

80% of the people voting no, have not played the scheme im sure, the other 20% of the people are scared they may never win another roper match if this scheme comes to tus, cuz then they wont be able to rely on cr8 luck...

thats my honest opinion..

Offline avirex

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2010, 03:10 PM »
also, monkeyisland, shyguy just made a good point....

you should open a thread where each person gets 1 post... the post is their vote... and they make their vote, and give a small explanation, no offense but who the hell is CMV in the shoutbox, what does his vote count for?... 

people who have not tried the scheme should not vote... this is frustrating

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Yeah, or maybe like a board of respected and skilled wormers without a biased opinion voting... Everyone who has actually analyzed the scheme and given it a chance has said it should coexist with the current scheme... annoying how we got nothing but positive feedback in this thread yet it still gets all these nos by people who have been hiding the whole time and probably haven't tried the scheme...
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2010, 03:17 PM »
yeh exactly, they havent played the scheme so they're gonna vote no.

If you wait a few weeks, or a couple of months, MANY more people will have played the scheme and the scheme will be more familliar to everyone. Then your far more likely to get yes votes when you make another poll. Hysteria was around for a good six months or so before it became a league scheme, time needs to be given for any new scheme for it to properly sink in.

I understand its frustrating, its angry that people dont "get" the scheme like people who voted yes do. But its been not even 2 weeks since you introduced this scheme to the majority of the public, it'll take more than 2 weeks for a majority of wormers to play and form a valid decision on the scheme. If the scheme works as well as you know it does then there should be no problem with it being accepted and enjoyed by the majority of the community.

THEN is the time consider a poll for it to become a league scheme, not now. Its really too soon when you consider the majority of players won't have even seen this thread let alone played the scheme! Id remove the poll, let the scheme sink in and then re-open it when and if its popularity increases. Otherwise it looks like its not gonna be voted in considering the results at the moment, and the people who want it in will be frustrated. Its not losing be an overhwhelming majoirty, so im sure if you close the poll and re open it in a few weeks, itll be voted in.
worm and learn

Offline avirex

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2010, 03:21 PM »
well... lets see how the poll does still... im sure the people in w2rope cup all want it voted yes... theres 20 in the cup, and we have not reached those votes yet....   im confident we can reach 50/50... and if thats the case, it should be accepted imho...   

i gave more then enough time for people to try the scheme, i made the scheme, i uploaded the scheme, i had people dl the scheme, i made a cup, i posted replays, many people gave positive feedback... 

if people have no tried it yet, its their problem, and very unfair they vote no without trying.... im still confident tho!.. i hold my head high!

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2010, 03:23 PM »
we dont wanna wait tho :/ no1 likes waiting :/

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2010, 03:24 PM »
And I cant believe how many voted no! come out of the bushes who are u if u voted no post here and reasons, ye.

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2010, 03:30 PM »
i gave more then enough time for people to try the scheme, i made the scheme, i uploaded the scheme, i had people dl the scheme, i made a cup, i posted replays, many people gave positive feedback...  

you really cant expect everyone to try this scheme in the 2 weeks since you made this topic, its gonna take alot longer than that! Most wormers wont have even read this topic, let alone tried the scheme in the two weeks since you posted it!

You can always make another poll later once the schemes become more familliar I guess, and its quite close now anyway. I guarantee you though, you'll get FAR more yes votes in a couple moths time when everyones played it. As I keep saying this threads been here for 2 weeks... its obvious that not everyone is going to play it within that period.

I understand you've had great feedback from loads of people and the scheme may turn out to be a great addition to the league, but you need to wait!!! You need to be patient... the first ever w2rope cup isnt even over yet... you gotta SLOOOW it down man, its in your best intrests to slow down and give the scheme time to settle in.

Dont forget some people are gonna vote no simply to smite you or other people currently "associated" with the scheme. Annoying, but its gonna happen!

+++ >I just checked the scheme downloads page, your scheme has only been downloaded 25 times... that says it all really. You cant expect everyone to have tried this scheme in the TWO weeks since you made it public. It looks like the majority of people who have voted yes so far, are the people who you have personally shown the scheme to.

Put a link to the scheme on page 1 of this thread, alot of people will be looking for a yellow link to click and wont bother to read where to download the scheme.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:37 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline avirex

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2010, 03:37 PM »
thats why an annonamous poll is bullshit... i know people will vote no just out of spite.. hell, i have dropped like 11 forum karmas in 11 days.. there som1 out there who smites me once per day, i just think its funny (hi hater **waves**)

and nail, i have said the same thing in each post.. u dont  feel its enough time, i respect ur opinion, i just dont agree.... its not like im intoducing some crazy idea of a scheme.. im just altering a current scheme to make it better...

and the reason im trying to rush it as u say, is cuz regular roper is just not enjoyable after u have played this scheme, anyone who has played it agrees.... once u played w2rope scheme, and then u have to tus waroper, its disgusting watching the game be given away do to cr8s. not even enjoyable

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2010, 03:41 PM »
and nail, i have said the same thing in each post.. u dont  feel its enough time, i respect ur opinion, i just dont agree.... its not like im intoducing some crazy idea of a scheme.. im just altering a current scheme to make it better...

I wont say anymore, just that the scheme has only been downloaded 25 times. Irrespective of your or my opinion, this is proof that two weeks is not enough time to expect the scheme to have been played and recognised amongst the majority of the community!
worm and learn