Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:46 PM

Author Topic: The Big Religion/God Debate  (Read 38412 times)

Offline nino

Re: The Big Religion/God Debate
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2010, 04:36 PM »
we r all like my bulls, born to die and gg us, lets just make it nice and fun.

AG!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Husk

« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2010, 05:17 PM »
yea, i even know 1 bull who plays alot of tus x: oh and he changed its nick to crash i believe!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2010, 05:36 PM »
Surprisingly enough, I am extremely impressed no one has exchanged violent words or abuse in this thread, if only the rest of the world could have their own beliefs without trying to force it upon others or exterminate those who don't share the same opinion.

We actually set a good example :)

A good joke about religion from the late Bill Hicks:

“You believe the world's 12 thousand years old? "That's right." Okay I got one word to ask you, a one word question, ready? "Uh huh." Dinosaurs. You know the world's 12 thousand years old and dinosaurs existed, they existed in that time, you'd think it would have been mentioned in the f@#!ing Bible at some point. "And lo Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth. But the trail was blocked by a giant brontosaurus...with a splinter in his paw. And O the disciples did run a shriekin': 'What a big f@#!ing lizard, Lord!' But Jesus was unafraid and he took the splinter from the brontosaurus's paw and the big lizard became his friend.”

And one of the most powerful things i've ever heard, in my opinion, again, Bill Hicks:

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok... But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2010, 05:43 PM »
@ your first post
it's hard for me to read it in English, but at glance it's not quite the SAME as it is in Hebrew
besides, like I said.. bible is not only about bedtime story and the simplicity of it, it's very complicated, and again, it's a code
obviously in that langauge you can't see what I can see in Hebrew "the holy letters" and stuff, and sorry but I can't express myself like I wanted

@2nd post
lets distinguish evolution from theory of evolution
evolution is a scientific fact, mutations happen in cells causing them to change to something little bit different everytime they multiply causing creatures to change in time, also why your kids don't look exactly like you
so perhaps men were taller or small back in the days, and had more hair, or bigger brain, but then comes the 2nd part,
theory of evolution
which talks about human coming from monkeys and all creatures developing from 1 living cell

I'm creationist, I do think the humans were created by Go in our present form, maybe little different and that's what evolution changed, but definately not coming from monkeys

now why I know this theory has been proven false? for one thing, if every creature evolving from its previous forms is better surviver, like the creatures between monkeys and humans (lets call them half humans), we should see these forms today living like us, it makes no sense that monkeys survived but half humans didnt
2nd thing, if all living creatues began from 1 cell,  we should find fossils of 1 creature that are oldest, but what were found are fossiles in same age of many different creatures

3rd and maybe most important, only the odds and co-incidence of the current life forms developing from a few cells are so f@#!ing impossible that's it's simply too imaginary to be true, more imaginary than having a god

Don't forget gravity is also a theory.  We don't say the fact of gravity.

I think that you're saying that because we evolved from apes then how come apes still exist.  This is one of the most common misconceptions about evolution.  A little bit of research would explain why you have misunderstood what evolution theory says about our relationship with apes.  We both had a common ancestor, more like a cousin.  No one is saying that an ape gave birth to a human one day.

You really need to understand the arguments against your point of view.  If you fully understand them but still disagree with them that that's fine.  But what you are saying about evolution is typical creationist arguments which have been debunked dozens of times all over the literature.  

I think you have been told a series of arguments against evolution by your religious group.

Websites like www.talkorigins.org dispell all these myths about evolution if you are really interested in the truth of the matter.

Offline Almog

« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2010, 07:54 PM »
komo, dinosaurs are mention in the bilble :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2010, 07:56 PM »
komo, dinosaurs are mention in the bilble :)

Yeah thats just a joke lol

Offline Almog

« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2010, 07:59 PM »
yeah but wanted to make sure you knew they were mentioned indeed :P first chapter of Genesis  I think

Offline HHC

« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Theres no paradox, what you are saying just can't exist, how can "God" create us, but nothing creates him? This just doesn't make sense and you know it, deep down you KNOW this just can't be true.

The Big Bang-theory suffers from the same issue though.. you can't have an 'explosion' without matter to ignite, as well as something/someone to ignite it.
There is no time before the big bang. Yet there has had to be something to trigger the explosion. And thus, that 'something' must have existed outside time, as a timeless being.

A timeless God really isn't such an absurd notion if you stop to take the linear timescale for granted (which is what I said before.. most people denounce God based on an outdated 18th century Newtonian worldview).

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2010, 08:00 PM »
Theres no paradox, what you are saying just can't exist, how can "God" create us, but nothing creates him? This just doesn't make sense and you know it, deep down you KNOW this just can't be true.

The Big Bang-theory suffers from the same issue though.. you can't have an 'explosion' without matter to ignite, as well as something/someone to ignite it.
There is no time before the big bang. Yet there has had to be something to trigger the explosion. And thus, that 'something' must have existed outside time, as a timeless being.

A timeless God really isn't such an absurd notion if you stop to take the linear timescale for granted (which is what I said before.. most people denounce God based on an outdated 18th century Newtonian worldview).

I don't believe in the Big Bang Theory either.

Offline HHC

« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2010, 08:04 PM »

Hmm... I find it hard to belief you found an answer to the creator of the creator-paradox without the support of a timeless entity. A cyclical time-notion perhaps?

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Have you ever think all this doesn't exist ? Nothing were created, you're nothing, the world is nothing.
Maybe I'm just an entity who imagined this whole world, with me talking with you right there on a self-made forum.
This way, many questions would get answers. Is it right or wrong ? Who knows ?

All this to say, we'll never know anything about how the earth (or anything else) was made.
I guess (and hope) until death comes.

And maybe the black holes are the answer (at least about this stage, but not a furthest one).
What if you get trapped in one of those ? Will you go back in time ? Teleport anywhere ? (Wake up ?) Or just disappear ?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 08:28 PM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2010, 08:34 PM »

Hmm... I find it hard to belief you found an answer to the creator of the creator-paradox without the support of a timeless entity. A cyclical time-notion perhaps?

Who says I found an answer, my point was I don't believe in any it, my point from the start was all I believe in is my 5 senses, and things 100% proven, at least to my senses.

Offline nino

« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2010, 09:43 PM »
i dont know if the theory of big bang is really true, but it is much more easy to accept that god. IMO.

if i had to bet, i would bet in the BB theory, and if iam wrong and meet god when die ill just point my finger on his/her face ,huahuahua, say sorry, put my head down and wait what he will tell me :D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline beer

« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2010, 10:40 PM »
i belive in Jesus, thats all

drama queen iz back

Offline Ramone

« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2010, 05:46 AM »
U guys have mixed up some terms and some things..
One thing is when someone believe in something, and the other thing is when someone knows something. When U don't know something, then there's the belief.

Religion is made of beliefs, Science is made of proven facts. And that's a fact ;x

Since "God" theory is not proven by any facts and we cannot know too much about that subject, all that has left is belief. So it's ok to believe or disbelieve.. Both possibilities do not change much about the fact that we do not know about it.
"God" is just a word for the "major creator". When someone says that he believes "God" exists, the thing is - on which God does someone think? There are many Gods in many religions.. There's even Multiply-Gods in some cultures...

As I said, people used to believe that the Earth was a flat plate, but then Human intelligence proved that it's a round ball and they knew. No need for beliefs. At that time Catholic Church "main Bible servants" have ordered to kill/burn those godless blasphemers that dare to claim that. Looks like "God" forgot to mention in that code that Earth is ball-shaped when he was talking about creations of things.. And btw, I've seen many books with "codes".. Allegorical stories are grateful for 100 different interpretations that U can call "codes", but that do not prove that they were written with a help of a "higher force" or "God"...

It's 21. century, LOTS of things has been proven by Science that most of ppl in this forum do not know cause they do now get interested for that. Now for example, if you go into the village where ppl do not watch TV or use internet and tell them that Humans are walking in space or that they are observing the cosmos billions of light years away or that they are colliding proton beams in LHC and tries to figure out what was happening before the Big Bang, all that those villagers can do about it is to believe or disbelieve, cause they do not know that and it's hard for them to understand something like that.

On that subject, @Abnax - we do know how the Earth (and a lot of things) was made. We know already a lot about black holes, in fact there's a black hole in the center of our own Milky Way galaxy. Ppl might even get to produce microscopic black hole in that LHC experiment with collisions of particles. There are so much things that are discovered and proven about Universe, I don't even want to start to list them.. But still, all this have nothing to do with the belief or disbelieves about God's existence or with the interpretation of what is God.. It's just explanations of the Universe.