Forums
May 02, 2024, 05:07 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 64292 times)

Offline StepS

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2016, 11:05 AM »
2:04, if rope physics are so good, do you really think they would cut it after 2 sec? This story reminds me of Swiss cheese. Good luck to those who'll purchase the game.
I don't think they have skilled W:A ropers in their team, but if you saw their previous livestreams, they used the rope to some extent. They roped slowly, however if you compare W:A's slow-roping with what we saw there, you should agree it's very similar if not the same. Also, like we've already been told, the rope's source code was copied from W:A and modified.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2016, 11:05 AM »
Ok, i'm officially ROPED in ;)

Definitely excited for this now.

@Jonno, how about when it's released let's grab some people, some from TUS Vs some from Team17 for a funner, there are some guys here who can stream on twitch too :)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2016, 11:10 AM »
Jono, can you give us anything about the matchmaking, rankings system?

Will we be able to play 2v2 ranked games per example?

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2016, 11:18 AM »
I was talking about Worms WMD for many months. I was convinced that it would be a spiritual successor to Worms Armageddon. But during these times, I was met with cynical comments and skepticism. It was almost that everyone had some sort of bias information syndrome. Now it seems like everyone has slowly awakened from their shell, starting to realize that Worms WMD might be the next big Worms tittle since Worms World Party.

This thread has certainly pushed WMD  release window further back, it was announced for early 2016 (I believe). This is thanks to the community support and for those who has managed to get a Team17 employee to these forums.

I am very happy and thankful for this.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2016, 11:19 AM »
I was talking about Worms WMD for many months. I was convinced that it would be a spiritual successor to Worms Armageddon. But during these times, I was met with cynical comments and skepticism. It was almost that everyone had some sort of bias information syndrome. Now it seems like everyone has slowly awakened from their shell, starting to realize that Worms WMD might be the next big Worms tittle since Worms World Party.

Not really. What actually happened is that the WMD builds (and the videos we have been seeing) have constantly changed/evolved.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2016, 11:21 AM »
2:04, if rope physics are so good, do you really think they would cut it after 2 sec? This story reminds me of Swiss cheese. Good luck to those who'll purchase the game.
It will be cheap so why not give it a go. Even if it sucks Ill just tell everyone to buy W:A and see if we can get some new players haha. .

Nah, money is not a big deal at all. But it's good to have a dose of skepticism. They gave players too many unfinished projects over the years. If rope video is coming up soon, I'll stick around. Different styles of ninja rope sounds interesting.

Offline ANO

« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2016, 11:21 AM »
they could have some meetings with the following UK members:

Komo, Nail, Chicken and Cueshark,

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 03, 2016, 11:28 AM »
I feel people give the rope too much importance (source: a guy nicknamed ropa)

We have the "best" rope in WA and WA isn't exactly striving with activity.

Give me WA with logins, ranks and ranked channels, monthly leagues and league channels and take away the ninja rope forever, I'll sign that... that in my opinion gives the game a longer appeal, more replayability in a way. Just imagine TUS was actually built into the game and you didn't have to report games or anything because the game did that for you. Clan support too, please! it's 2016!

don't get me wrong, I understand the importance of the rope, most likely the single most important weapon in the whole arsenal (if you were forced to rank one above another) but I feel people like to focus too much on that as if it was the only reason past Worm games failed. I think it goes deeper than that.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:30 AM by Aerox »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2016, 01:05 PM »

@Jonno, how about when it's released let's grab some people, some from TUS Vs some from Team17 for a funner, there are some guys here who can stream on twitch too :)

Yes, we're up for that! I've already been reaching out to the top level Team17 Developer players to get on stream. We'll probably stream it on our channel too :) Thinking a 3v3 will be in order.

Ok, so I've just gone and got the thumbs up to discuss ranked mode a bit more with you all.

The game will be launching with a 1v1 ranked mode. Once we know ranked is working as intended and we're happy with how it's performing we'll be looking at adding team based ranked, such as 2v2.

- Ranked is split into 10 'Ranks', with 10 being the lowest and 1 being the highest. Depending on your performance you can go both up and down the rankings, so consistency is important.
- Everyone starts at rank 10.
- Each rank has it's own profile badge that you can display, for example rank 10 is 'Prod' and rank 1, well that's a surprise.
- There are two weapon skin rewards for performing well in ranked:

Reach rank 5 - Silver Grenade Weapon Skin
                 Reach rank 1 - Golden Bazooka Weapon Skin

- Ranked will matchmake you with your opponents, you can't use a lobby system and cherry pick your opponents.
- If someone disconnects the person who disconnected will be issued a loss and the remaining player a win.

Hopefully this overview answers some of your questions :)
Community Manager at Team17

Offline Anubis

« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2016, 01:07 PM »

Yes, we're up for that! I've already been reaching out to the top level Team17 Developer players to get on stream. We'll probably stream it on our channel too :) Thinking a 3v3 will be in order.

Ok, so I've just gone and got the thumbs up to discuss ranked mode a bit more with you all.

The game will be launching with a 1v1 ranked mode. Once we know ranked is working as intended and we're happy with how it's performing we'll be looking at adding team based ranked, such as 2v2.

- Ranked is split into 10 'Ranks', with 10 being the lowest and 1 being the highest. Depending on your performance you can go both up and down the rankings, so consistency is important.
- Everyone starts at rank 10.
- Each rank has it's own profile badge that you can display, for example rank 10 is 'Prod' and rank 1, well that's a surprise.
- There are two weapon skin rewards for performing well in ranked:

Reach rank 5 - Silver Grenade Weapon Skin
                 Reach rank 1 - Golden Bazooka Weapon Skin

- Ranked will matchmake you with your opponents, you can't use a lobby system and cherry pick your opponents.
- If someone disconnects the person who disconnected will be issued a loss and the remaining player a win.

Hopefully this overview answers some of your questions :)

That's very good, indeed. Is there variety in schemes to pick or just one default scheme for ranked?

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2016, 01:21 PM »
Currently we're looking at using the 'Pro' scheme, or a variant of it, for ranked. However this isn't locked in yet.

Once ranked is out we'll be listening to what the competitive community think of the scheme and can make adjustments if it is felt needed.
Community Manager at Team17

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2016, 01:42 PM »

this all sounds great
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2016, 01:43 PM »
Currently we're looking at using the 'Pro' scheme, or a variant of it, for ranked. However this isn't locked in yet.

Once ranked is out we'll be listening to what the competitive community think of the scheme and can make adjustments if it is felt needed.

Sweet, that sounds like a good idea. In CS:GO the community would also introduce new maps into ranked. So if you go the same road with popularity based schemes you will have happy people quickly. :)

Offline Lex

« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2016, 02:42 PM »
I like the idea of the weapon skins.  How will we be able to earn flaming health bars?

Offline skunk3

« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2016, 02:50 PM »
I just hope that the pro scheme in WMD is better than the pro scheme in Clan Wars. In CW there was too much mobility for a 'pro' scheme. Ropes, jetpack, teleport guns, etc. Granted, the ropes aren't as 'powerful' in CW as they will presumably be in WMD, but still. The ranked clanner scheme was even worse. The ranking system should be more in-depth than just one scheme, and you said that depending on performance, your rank can go both up AND down. What exactly does this mean? What metrics are being reviewed?

@Jonno - I want in on that 3v3!