Forums
May 02, 2024, 10:13 PM

Author Topic: Worms Revolution  (Read 14688 times)

Offline DumbBongChow

Re: Worms Revolution
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 11:17 PM »

I like making myself Feel(S) Good Man!

Our Community: (Our newest, updated schemes are at this site!)
http://wosc.tk/

DBC's Legendary Profile:
http://worms2d.info/User:DumbBongChow
http://worms2d.info/User_talk:DumbBongChow

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 01:04 PM »
team17 staff are the best trolls evar
xD
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 04:27 PM »
i think this is more meant for console gamers... the physics are probably so f@#!ed because they dont worry about the roping, kinda hard to rope with a controller

Offline Anubis

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 09:01 PM »
It seems like T17 never plays W:A. How on earth can they continuously ignore the awesomeness of W:A and produce bad 2D rip-offs in terms of gameplay. I mean, do they actually know what schemes W:A can support? If yes then why do they keep on releasing sub par games when they could release a modern 2D version of W:A with lot's of competition. I am going to be honest, if they would make a new competitive Worms game I would definitely play Worms again. W:A is one of the rare games where it's easy to learn and hard to master, something I love. But T17 is throwing away it's potential every release they make. Shame.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:03 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline HHC

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 09:53 PM »
I agree Wooka, although as far as I am concerned the rope can stay as shitty as it was in W:R (or even better, fix the gravitational pull, but only allow 1 or 2 swings).

As long as they focus on the console, they will forget about the 2 things that set aside the good PC games from the bad: customisation and most of all, good online services.

If only Team17 would do EVERYTHING about those two.. it would be an awesome game.

(That and not leave in stupid bugs).

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 12:41 AM »
What's really sad in all this is that we're all mega worms fans and not even slightly excited by a new worms game.

Bad times :<

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 05:43 AM »
For what it's worth, here's Andy Davidson, the man behind the concept of a Worms game and proud owner of the primordial Concrete Donkey, defending the new game and the new Team17:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36527234#post36527234

I don't think I'm quite ready to form an opinion yet because from the few brief scenes in the trailer, the in-game footage seems pretty raw and the game unfinished. But then again, it's only like half a year from release and new engine or not, those physics don't exactly seem to have changed drastically since Reloaded. Map shapes and sizes look about the same too, not to mention the four worm limit is still apparently there. Derp.

If Andy Davidson really did have a say during development, the above as well as the less cartoony graphical style sort of make sense, though, since he's known to prefer the look and feel of the first generation games. In that forum thread, he also hints that WA is actually "missing half the game" and that could very well mean that they're putting a real-time mode into Worms Revolution... or some more advanced physics for terrain and other objects to go with that dynamic water. But these are just my personal predictions.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:26 AM by KoreanRedDragon »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 06:46 AM »
From the look of it, it seems like it is based on Worms reloaded. Again 4 winds, 4 worms and the physics. But maybe it's like Win7, continuing Vista path, but way better.

The only thing I envy, is the looks :'(
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 07:50 AM »
I don't care how bad WR is compared to WA, if it has real-time, count me in ! If not it can fk off.

Offline HHC

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 09:48 AM »
Why is real-time any better than turn-based?

Turn-based never bothered me in WA. You can chat when it's not your turn and you're not bothered by lag during your own turn (in principle that is). So yeah, no ty @ real-time.

Regarding the graphics, I don't see why they had to make it 3d-ish again, it doesn't make it look better IMO. The terrain also seems pretty dark and uninspired.
I liked the look of Worms Crazy Golf myself. The cartoon-style graphics fit worms in my opinion.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 10:08 AM »
Why is real-time any better than turn-based?

Turn-based never bothered me in WA. You can chat when it's not your turn and you're not bothered by lag during your own turn (in principle that is). So yeah, no ty @ real-time.

I never said it was better, I just really want it xD

Clans doing a TTRR all at the same time... Imagine seeing ArtiC/daina against Mablak/dibz all roping at the same time...

But the possibilities man...I've spent almost 13 years, focusing on more or less 2 schemes, Roper/BnG, and I am still nowhere near tired or fed up with it, if they make Real-Time, I will seriously play till the day I die lol...

Offline Peja

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 10:23 AM »
dunno why all people want wa physics. i wanna have something new, would be kinda boring if weapons work the same way. real time would be awesome, or maybe a class system of different worms. or the ability to drive vehicles  ;D just something which hasnt been there before.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline HHC

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 10:33 AM »
dunno why all people want wa physics. i wanna have something new, would be kinda boring if weapons work the same way.

I liked the W:R physics, the mines and nades go really nuts there, it's pretty awesome.

maybe a class system of different worms.

WWP has that. Each worm having its own set of weapons. I didn't like it too much there. A worm with only torch, drill, girder and rope, what fun is that?
The weapons for money-gametype was fun too, but yeah, it was kinda bad that you could buy unlimited ropes.  :-X

Offline HHC

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 10:40 AM »
For what it's worth, here's Andy Davidson, the man behind the concept of a Worms game and proud owner of the primordial Concrete Donkey, defending the new game and the new Team17:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36527234#post36527234

If Andy Davidson really did have a say during development, the above as well as the less cartoony graphical style sort of make sense, though, since he's known to prefer the look and feel of the first generation games. In that forum thread, he also hints that WA is actually "missing half the game" and that could very well mean that they're putting a real-time mode into Worms Revolution... or some more advanced physics for terrain and other objects to go with that dynamic water. But these are just my personal predictions.

Guess it's not so strange he's defending the game (and t17) as he apparently is back at the company.

Andy Davidson returns to Team 17 to scratch a creative itch he’s had for fourteen years!

Ossett, Yorkshire, UK – Monday 2nd April, 2012 – In a week when Team17 announced, Worms™ Revolution, its most significant release of recent years, the UK’s oldest independent developer is delighted to reveal another surprise to its fans - the return of Worms creator, Andy Davidson.

At the height of his career, Andy quit the games industry to pursue other interests. “I left Team17 feeling I hadn’t finished what I wanted to achieve, but for professional reasons I knew I had to walk away”, commented Andy. “I’ve returned to scratch the creative itch that’s been bothering me for the last fourteen years. It’s nice to be back at Team17, it’s as though there’s been a revolution in the studio itself - there’s a real creative buzz about the place.”

Team17 Managing Director, Debbie Bestwick, is particularly pleased at the errant son’s homecoming. “I’d always hoped Andy would return but never thought it would actually happen. The passion he shows for Worms is almost palpable and I’m looking forward to see how his injection of fresh enthusiasm into an already highly motivated and skilled team will affect things.”

Andy will begin by offering the Worms™ Revolution developers his support. “The engine and physics in Worms™ Revolution are awesome, the team have developed a truly landmark game. I’ll be lending them my insight to ensure that the game balance is true to the spirit of the brand.” In addition, fans will be delighted to know that Andy has been working on a variety of new game ideas. Exciting times are ahead for Team17.

Let's see if he can deliver us from evil  :D

fans will be delighted to know that Andy has been working on a variety of new game ideas.
That does sound promising.

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 03:27 PM »
i hope they atleast add worm placement in ranked games... W2:A really sucked with that, couldnt get a fair match at all