Forums
April 29, 2024, 09:06 AM

Author Topic: Possibly BNG Change  (Read 8538 times)

Offline darKz

Re: Possibly BNG Change
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 05:24 PM »
What's going to change? If it's not an anti notching measure, then what is it? :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Hussar

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 05:59 PM »
we dont need more discuss, maybe lets vote coz in thats way we never will make any step forward..

Offline SPW

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 09:15 PM »
What's going to change? If it's not an anti notching measure, then what is it? :D

Thought the same while reading this topic. ;d

- A gap in the middle of the map.. good idea and no more problems with that subjective limit thing!
- 1 girder and no rule for it.. I like.
- turn time down to 10 sec. (my suggestion)

And.. no rules at all, everything is allowed (except invading) ;)

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 09:28 PM »
I can reliably notch most shots in about 3 seconds. Just saying. Reducing turn time to get rid of notching really won't help unless you make it 1 second, but then it would be Hysteria with less weapons and no moving about. :)

No reduction can get rid of notching, but the lower it is, the less likely we'll be able to land on the exact angle, there will be more cases of being 1-2 notches off at least.

Offline HHC

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Perhaps playing BnG on a non-level field is also a good idea. When worms are not on the same height it's quite a lot harder to notch shots.

Offline franz

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 09:50 PM »
what's going to change? probably encourages more shooting based on feel due to less time.

the only true anti notching measure is:  ban all full power shots

(or ask Cybershadow to add continuous power customization, where grenade/bazooka power goes back down after reaching max power, and explode once it goes all the way down)

Offline Prankster

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 10:08 PM »
I'm not against notching, I only want to reduce the differences in the chance to win between a notcher and a non-notcher. And if that's possible by any extent, why not do it?

Offline Hussar

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 10:39 PM »
(or ask Cybershadow to add continuous power customization, where grenade/bazooka power goes back down after reaching max power, and explode once it goes all the way down)
this is able with rubber: command /cira or /alp.

Offline barman

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 11:01 PM »
Just to clarify:
/cira makes the worm aim up, turn around and aim lower if you hold the up arrow. It makes notching from the vertical position a little bit harder.
/alp does what you said; you need to release the spacebar at the right moment if you want a full power shot, because the power starts to decrease when you hold the spacebar for too long.

And /reaim resets the angle to horizontal at the beginning of every turn. This allows us to drop the reaim rule, because the game essentially does it for you.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Breeze

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 12:44 AM »
What have I done.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 08:28 AM »
What about using built-in test stuff? Afair you do not need rubber for it, and I don't think it affects any other aspect of the scheme. It enables Circular Aiming and Anti-lock Power, and I've mentioned this multiple times now.

I'm against changing anything besides that. It's not like we're going to bring back the cup bng maps. :(

Offline Ramone

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 11:34 AM »

What have I done.

Best comment ever!!! lol
Goes so good with his avatar! xD

Breeze just wanted to add 2-3 shotguns into the scheme and opened this topic cause of that, and after 3 pages of discussion about turn times, rubbers, notching, etc, I can imagine his face: 
:o "omg, what have I done?!"
LOL!

Btw, no worries Breeze it's not ur fault, this is usual thing when someone mention changes in BnG rules.
Best and easiest way to do what U wanted is to add those shotguns to the scheme and don't tell anyone about it, just use it like that!  Trust me, no one will mind it.. ;)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 03:35 PM »
I chose a good time to stop playing I see :)

Offline franz

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2012, 02:29 PM »
What about using built-in test stuff? Afair you do not need rubber for it, and I don't think it affects any other aspect of the scheme. It enables Circular Aiming and Anti-lock Power, and I've mentioned this multiple times now.

I'm against changing anything besides that. It's not like we're going to bring back the cup bng maps. :(

wow, I haven't known about this all this time? it must've been available for so long now.

similar to TTRR games where you activate /rs before each game, we can easily activate /TestStuff /Test before each BnG game as a rule. This forces Circular Aiming and Anti-lock Power. such a crazy good feature.

thoughts?

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2012, 11:02 PM »
I think it'd be a needlessly brutal change.

The real solution, people learning how to BnG well, just feels a lot more healthy in the long run. Although granted, it might be too late for that here on TUS.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:39 AM by KoreanRedDragon »