Forums
April 26, 2024, 04:13 PM

Author Topic: Top Scheme Ideas  (Read 3810 times)

Offline franz

Top Scheme Ideas
« on: March 07, 2013, 05:19 AM »
Collecting my Top Scheme Ideas since they get scattered around too many threads and get hidden.  I just wanted to have them all in one place so I could find them and update them as needed.  You can post your own list too if you want.  (This isn't meant to stop that Team of Experts thread discussion, you can keep talking there, I'm posting this at my own whim).

ROPER: 2 worms per team, aimed mainly at 1v1, since clanners are already 2 worms per team and are balanced well that way.

BNG: /TestStuff activated (makes full power shots harder), no rules, unanchored, 0 retreat time, 2 worms per team, fiddle with weapons for mobility like low power shotgun/#teleports/etc.  (These are obviously a lot of changes, likely needing game testing)

HYSTERIA: add 1 Worm Select (makes piling at end of the game a risk).  I could see this being better than simply turning on Tabbing through worms as this would retain a lot of how Hysteria is still liked now but adds that wrinkle Worm Select to make the end of games more interesting.

ELITE: keep Rope Knocking off.  No one really complains about the no Rope Knocking rule that's been in place anyway so I don't think it needs a change just for the sake of change.  I realize Barman was the first to suggest this here, who has been playing Intermediate more lately, so that's probably where he got the idea from, but I think keeping Rope Knocking off is a perfectly fine rule that should stay.  Try Rope Knocking in Intermediate games or maybe Elite-variants.

TTRR: don't go more than 3 worms.  Keeping the worm count at 3 is best.  If anything, less worms down to 2 would be more exciting and thrilling, but I think 3 has been a nice balance for a long time, and more worms just waters down the quality of play.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:21 PM by franz »

Re: Top Scheme Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:39 AM »
I would also add more worms to TTRR...

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Hussar

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:35 AM »
yeah, ttrr is too short, to fast but why? if u are njoyin roping this would be better for u to make this game longer.

5 worms per team i would say.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 11:17 AM »
add a select worms in hysteria is kinda risky, Franz. Imagine if u do a mistake in the keypress order and u surrender urself accidentally xD

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 11:19 AM »
xd f12+f12 will be interesting

Offline barman

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:50 AM »
Some of my ideas:

BnG:
- maps divided in the middle (look at my recent bng maps: https://www.tus-wa.com/groups/Q/maps-choices/ ), no closeness rules
- one girder, no usage restrictions
- infinite shotguns and teleports
- /ts

Elite:
- allow rope knocking

Hysteria:
- less sudden death time (5 seconds)

Roper:
- 2 worms per team
- a rule I came up with a while ago: ALL crates need to be collected before attack (that sometimes prevents an instant gg if someone falls without taking a crate)

Team17:
- allow rope knocking

TTRR:
- more worms per team (5?)

WxW:
- allow a variation free of weapon luck ( https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-628/ )
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline ANO

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 12:11 PM »
Some of my ideas:

BnG:
- maps divided in the middle (look at my recent bng maps: https://www.tus-wa.com/groups/Q/maps-choices/ ), no closeness rules
- one girder, no usage restrictions
- infinite shotguns and teleports
- /ts

Elite:
- allow rope knocking

Hysteria:
- less sudden death time (5 seconds)

Roper:
- 2 worms per team
- a rule I came up with a while ago: ALL crates need to be collected before attack (that sometimes prevents an instant gg if someone falls without taking a crate)

Team17:
- allow rope knocking

TTRR:
- more worms per team (5?)

WxW:
- allow a variation free of weapon luck ( https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-628/ )

I agree totally with you. Specially about the rope knocking and the roper and the wxw (of course, ages I say this D).

I find interesting also 1 select-worm in hysteria but no more then 1, but I m not sure, maybe for an hyst-cup, I like hysteria the way is now.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 12:33 PM »
Nice post barman I agree with all but Roper, 2 worms should be aan option not a rule like w2roper the crate rule is nice btw.
Bunga wxw is a great scheme thought, no need luck in crates just a good usage of weaps.

BnG
Elite
Hysteria
Team17
TTRR
WxW  
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 12:52 PM »
Wow bar, I would actually agree to every change you just said.

Especially the BnG/Hysteria.

5s SD would be so much better.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 06:01 PM »
Yeah, TTRR needs more Worms, I agree. Back then when there was no TTRR and for the most part 30second turn time it wouldn't matter how many Worms you got since drowning your first worm meant instant gg if the other player didn't make major mistakes as well so there was really no need to have more Worms anyway.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 06:24 PM »
why do you want rope knocking in elite and t17? I have no opinion, just asking. There was always rule about knocking (since I can remember), this would make a huge brain lags in all these games for first few weeks :P you can knock in roper, wxw, shopper, isn't that good to have opposite rule here?
I agree in hysteria (5 sec SD) and ttrr (to have more worms). To avoid telecows in hysteria we can make random worm turns?
But I don't agree in roper. If someone loses his crate it's his mistake, we shouldn't give him any bonus for that. Anyway in roper you can lose even 2 crates and you still may be in game...

BUT FOR THE REAL I DON'T WANT ANY CHANGES IN CLASSIC LEAGUE, OTHERWAY WE CAN'T CALL IT CLASSIC...

Offline barman

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 06:43 PM »
why do you want rope knocking in elite and t17? I have no opinion, just asking. There was always rule about knocking (since I can remember)
Accidental knocks can lead to confusing situations (look here at 5:49), sometimes a player must take an extra care not to knock a worm instead of just doing what he wants.
This rule takes away some skill and creativity from the scheme, a lot of intermediate moves rely on knocking the worms around to optimal positions.
Moreover, it is nothing more than just a historical rule, we still play with it only because knocking was disabled in the elite league channel in ancient times. Why not simplify the schemes and allow it?
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 07:00 PM »
I agree with you barman.
And lol@this game. I'm glad you didn't lost it.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 07:01 PM »
i agree with barman aswell.

Offline Peja

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 07:06 PM »
agree agree lololo. what about hosting a tel or trl elite season with ropeknock as test so people can get used to it?