Forums > Schemes

Weapon balance ideas for intermediate?

(1/5) > >>

jattaman:
Hello
I'm not knowledgable about worm history, but did Intermediate stay the same throughout all the years?
I started playing online and people seem to play the same exact thing I've seen on my first copy of game on PSX.

Or did community introduce some balanced schemes, but they never beat the original in popularity?

I know that later there were Pro and Elite schemes that nerfed cluster bomb,(and oddly Pro has grenade buffed, anyone know why?), but from my experience noone wants to play them since they introduce worm placement and people don't have time for that.

MonkeyIsland:
It did changed a bit to suit league games. A version by NNN league known as "NNN luckless" which has crates probabilities set to zero and reduced some weapons like Cluster bomb power.
In fact when we talk about Intermediate in the community we almost always mean the NNN scheme. You can checkout the scheme here:

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-10/

Korydex:
What MI said, also in 2021 very interesting variation, 80normal was introduced.

FoxHound:
There are many examples of Intermediate variations (simple modifications) that were well thought. There's also some variants that are significantly different, but still similar.

Some examples:

* Dolly Sheep (I played this one a lot and this is one of my favourites)
* Rush (seems great)
* CreamFlavour (seems great)
* Deathmatch42 (this is offline only, but now that it's possible to play with CPU online, it can be interesting 2vs2. It's besically a very hard Deathmatch version, the link I sent is an archive, but I have the scheme's description and the file, maybe some replays too).
* Windy Day (this is similar to Intermediate, with wind affecting worms)
* 80 Normal was already mentioned, it's a great one. But before 80 Normal Dario created 90 normal (80 normal is the evolution, better in my opinion)
* Freemediate (this one I know you are aware of, but I will reinforce it, because it's great.
* Monkey Island already said about ONL/CWT scheme Crespo created. It's the most played scheme competitively and it is a good scheme.
* Rubber Rush is a Shot Doesn't End Turn intermediate-like scheme created by Dario. Gameplay seems very nice.
* Your scheme jattamediate seems very good too.
* Abnormal is famous scheme (a lot of people play) which is basically Intermediate, but you have to suicide your own worms to win.
* NormalPro and NormalPro v2 seem to be very good variations based on the CWT one MI mentioned.
* The scheme used in this cup seems good too, but it is probably inspired by 80 Normal. I will reinforce that a powerful girl organized this cup: Every Team Weapon Matters
* IntermediatePlus seems good too.
* Darkless avoids Darksiding (when players only hide, are passive and do not attack, only runaway)
* TUS Normal League. Not sure if this was one day an official scheme, but it is not official on TUS nowadays. If it was never used officially, it is a proposal.
You can also use the TUS search to find the schemes you want, like this or this other.

There are probably more intermediate-like schemes around worms community, some old ones from Blame The Pixel, Worm Olympics, WMDB, WSDB, LTK's site, LigaWorms, Worms.org.ua, Worms Czesky and so many other websites.

h3oCharles:
it's a very delicate balancing act, cuz as soon as you touch something, then something stupid is about to happen... kinda like trying to change counter-strike's mechanics

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version