Forums
May 09, 2024, 05:36 PM

Author Topic: Something about WO.  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Impossible

Something about WO.
« on: January 09, 2013, 02:02 PM »
Its not about starting another drama, I just want to show what I noticed

1. this tourney
would be okay if there were not enough players or something and so nocry didnt manage to send it as result. But hey, were enough players and tourney begins, Masta won silver and that cost him sitting till 5 a.m. 
Being too lazy to report that should be penalized imo. And dont tell me he send it on wrong email or any other mistake of this kind, I once send results on wrong mail, then I send it 20 times to all mails I know and same amount of times I send question if I send results succesfully xD

2. This problem is much more global. Remember old WO's? Players were balanced, some enjoyed roper, 2nd played only ssr, 3rd played nothing but wfw etc etc. Nowadays WO is all about RS-like clans and players as result. 6 hysteria tourneys, 5 t17 tourneys, plop war and MM 4 times. How many bungee race, fort, cpr, wfw, ssr tourneys, maybe big rr or tower? None. Nobody dont host anymore schemes like ghost knocking, elemental, jp race and then wondering why such schemes dying. Its like I would host everyday ssr, kaos, trick races, what you think is there any other clan except sX had a chance to win this WO?
Another story is ground players, they are 90% of WO, you can see it by hosted schemes. 64 tourneys, 2 wxw, 1 roper, 1 wascar, 2 ttrr. This is all related to rope (you can count shopper there if you want) but its 10% of all tourneys. On 2008 there were 48 roping tourneys (without counting shoppers) And so its 30%. x3 times higher amount.
As result clan-winner of WO and runner-up is clans without absolutely any roper on it at all (che & rs). And what are sX hoping then? clan that was founded as freestylers, builded on ttrr roping shouldnt play wormolympics generally?
I think if there would be tourney limit, it could solve the problem, and people would start hosting schemes they forgot, because they cant host hyst again
I dont know what kind of limit should work tho but what Im sure in is that we need some kind of limit
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:05 PM by Impossible »

Offline Peja

Re: Something about WO.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:19 PM »
WO is a simple DIY thing.people host the schemes they like/ want to see in the olympics. if you cant get your f@#!ing ass up to host schemes you want to see, why should anyone else do it?. you claim to speak for sx in general, i couldnt find ANY host by your clan. so maybe before shouting around u should start to set a sign by hosting tourneys, like many others do. look a barman, he wasnt really active but he hosted his rr tourneys cos he thought such a scheme shouldnt be left out.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 03:45 PM »
I agree Impo. Lazy mods are a real pain in the ass. Wojtek too. Sends in winners of first round and lets LTK figure out the rest of the results  :(

Regarding 2. I think a limit on certain schemes would be a good idea yeah. Perhaps a total of 3 of each basic scheme (2 times 1vs1 and 1 time 2vs2) and 2 of each minor scheme (1 time 1vs1, 1 time 2vs2... although that would increase the 2vs2's a lot, which isn't cool IMO). But anyway, that would fix the balance somewhat, but yeah, not much roper in it then either. But well, if only 3 or 4 schemes on a total of 40 (?) revolve solely around rope it isn't that much of a deal IMO.
Regarding the players... yeah, I'm really missing out on clans like MM, CF and pretty much the whole top of TuS leagues. It's not a WO problem maybe, cause when I look at the cups I host here the % of russians is pretty big as well  ;D I don't know why not more old players like the formula tbh. Of WO and of tournaments/cups here at TUS.

I may try and host an alternative competition here at TUS. One cup for the top 10 schemes. That will likely get the best players in the medals, focus more on classic schemes, not force players to stay up till 5am or play 5 tourneys a day to get by and no problems with mods or aliases. Only downside is no 2vs2 and well, a crowded worms calendar.. But yeah, I'm eager to give this a try sometime, maybe after the current cups I'm hosting are done. Think it will be fun and real tight ass competition  :)

Offline Wolfgang

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 04:48 PM »
gold> me
silver> masta
bronze> DENnis

nocry is inactive since that tournament , I havent see him :/
16:26: Husks> tell now xD more demon soul cannot be wolfy MAYBE??? 
16:26: TaG`Wolfgang> DUNNO IF IM WOLFY OR A DEMON 
16:27: Husks> GO DEMON AWAY FROM MY FRIENDMATE WOLFGANG CONCHETUMARE!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 LEAVEEEEEE 
16:27: TaG`Wolfgang> xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 05:36 PM »
I consider that Impo is partially right relatively WO. It is necessary to enter restriction on number of tournaments with identical modes. To put 1-2 in a week. It is possible to forbid one MOD to create more than 2-3 tournaments according to the identical scheme during a summer season, and 1-2 tournaments during a winter season. Or it is possible to put restriction: one tournament - in a week.
Or, if I am not mistaken as was in 2006 to choose even 2 months for carrying out WO, but to limit number of tournaments in day, to make for example no more than 2 tournaments in day. Then it becomes interesting to people to play because there are no players who are more often than the others participate in tournaments and therefore have more points. It is also necessary to change system of addition of points. For victories in tournaments with a large number of participants to add more points. Simply on the last WO took 16 players and started.

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 06:30 PM »
Impossible, take it easy, this was the Winter version, wait for the real WO and you'll see alot of roping tourneys ;)

Offline Maciej

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 06:39 PM »
good view Impo, I remember there was scheme with girders around the map and only petrols as weapon ...burning girders? Something like that. I liked it! Well, to be honest I have never played it but I liked to watch it. Unfortunaltely I don't see it anymore...

PS: oi, wait, there was one! :D

Offline Rogi

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 09:13 PM »
   Very interesting discussion here. Indeed, i didnt saw roper schemes much. You said WO needs limits of the tourneys, but lets look statistics:
                      SCHEME(number of played)

Aerial (3)
                      Battle Race (2)
                      Boom Race (1)
                      Bow and Arrows (3)
                      Bungee Shopper (1)
                      Burning Girders (1)
                      Comet Dodging (1)
                      Dabble and Fidget (1)
                      Darts (1)
                      Elite (4)
                      Holy War (2)
                      Hysteria (6)
                      Intermediate (4)
                      Kami (2)
                      Kill the King (1)
                      Mine Madness (4)
                      Mole Shopper (1)
                      One of Everything (1)
                      Parachute Race (1)
                      Petrolia (2)
                      Plop War (4)
                      Rope Race (3)
                      Roper (1)
                      Rowy (1)
                      Russian Roulette (1)
                      Shopper (3)
                      Team 17 (5)
                      The One (1)
                      Wascar (1)
                      WxW Shopper (2)

Every scheme played 1-5 times, i dont see much difference. Admittedly, schemes of ground more than ropers and that important in this dispute.

64 tourneys, 1 roper + 2 wxw + 1 wascar + 3 ttrr. So, its 10%. -- 
Here i agree with Peja, we just must to host more games.

+big rr, check point race, And ok, shoppa on evil maps xD

Sorry for my bad english.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Its not about starting another drama, I just want to show what I noticed

1. this tourney
would be okay if there were not enough players or something and so nocry didnt manage to send it as result. But hey, were enough players and tourney begins, Masta won silver and that cost him sitting till 5 a.m. 
Being too lazy to report that should be penalized imo. And dont tell me he send it on wrong email or any other mistake of this kind, I once send results on wrong mail, then I send it 20 times to all mails I know and same amount of times I send question if I send results succesfully xD

You're right, they should get their medals (and they got them now, I didn't even know who won before reading it here). You're right about penalizing too, but unfortunately that only works on people who actually play...

About 2, I usually host more tourneys too, I was going to host some bungee, jetpack, boom and wfw, but didn't really have any time in the end :( Maybe in the summer :)