Forums
May 29, 2024, 04:54 AM

Author Topic: How an avoiding rule would work  (Read 5481 times)

Offline Random00

Re: How an avoiding rule would work
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 12:21 PM »
I think this issue can be solved only by searching TUS games via the TUS site (pretty logical, huh?).

Player/Clan A presses "Find a TUS game" button and waits for the random opponent. Then Player/Clan B presses his button and both get the message "Game found!" or smth... If one of them denies to play, then he loses points. It would be also nice to select preferable schemes by both sides, so they will play only one of those schemes and there won't be "my pick - your pick" rule.

One more benefit: don't need to spam AG with "TUS NE1 TUS NE1 TUS NE1".

But I guess it's not that easy to code. Just an idea :)

The idea is good. There was something similar back in the ESL, which only worked at the times when ESL was pretty damn active. And since the community isnt all that active at the moment, I dont think it will work ;s

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 12:21 PM »
Why do you care ropa? So TUS becomes a better league? The only-god-damn-league-that-we-have-no-other-choice finally make a little more sense?

You act as if this was the first time I've come with advice. But you don't care about my reasons so why would you ask? Implying something?

Please answer my question next time you happen to pop up in this thread, if ever. The question I made in my last post.

edit: you can even release a bundle pack, with TUS MSN BUDDYLIST GAME FINDER you get an avoiding rule, for free!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:25 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 05:07 PM »
You act as if this was the first time I've come with advice. But you don't care about my reasons so why would you ask? Implying something?

Advice? You mean bitching, right? Ah do you expect we break into your sharp wit and find the real thing advice inside the layers of sarcasm?

Please answer my question next time you happen to pop up in this thread, if ever. The question I made in my last post.

I want to answer your question, but you are unable to ask one. You'd rather to talk cool than just go straight to your point. You want to ask something, but at the same time you want to make a sarcastic point. (at least one) That's your signature right? Let's try to answer your question.

So can we have a response on this? It's been what? Weeks...

I'm sure anyone in the staff can give us a hint on what's going on, or if this is in the plan books.

I don't want to disturb MI's coding of the new TUSbook profile sharing ladder climbing worms and friends website TM but I don't think it's asking too much to know if an avoiding rule system is being worked or if he simply doesn't give a f@#! or doesn't prioritize it.

edit: you can even release a bundle pack, with TUS MSN BUDDYLIST GAME FINDER you get an avoiding rule, for free!

What do you wanna tell me? Are you implying that I code useless features? Are you making fun of TUS features or even possible features coming in the future? Are you saying that I don't know my priorities? What is my priority? By all means clear me please? I've spent over a thousand dollars on TUS already. Should I pay this month? Is that a priority sir?
4 years ago you criticized TUS in every place and advertised FoW to be the best thing, all well-thought system and the final solution for the community. Where is your actions? Are you openly criticizing my actions, my priorities and what is done in this website while you have failed to deliver yourself? Ah you mean you are not a man of action, but an all-talk criticizer right? The almighty super witty guy?

When you created 4 fake accounts on TUS, were you trying to tell me that I should watch out for fake accounts? When you spammed TUS with nonsense, were you giving me an advice to "watchout for spammers"?

How many people have you offended in this community, isn't that enough already? Those were only stupid people who deserved your sharp wit, right? Why are you unable to ask a straight question like everybody else?

Well congratulations. You've been a complete disgrace to this community, but hey! your friends think you are a nice guy inside, right? So your actions toward other people get auto-canceled.

Next time you have something to ask, ask like a decent human being, I'll be happy to answer.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 05:24 PM »

A legitimate question.

The only one I really wanted you to answer of his.

I don't understand why adding rules is that hard. The league would run so much smoother with rules. Many have been suggested and all been ignored. Why is it easier to find a game of chess then it is to find the scheme rules?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:33 PM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 05:51 PM »
An avoid could have a response with a free win so that it forces avoiders to get that game done but with the players available at the time of avoiding. (here comes in your evidence dub)

But more on this subject, I'm planning to code some additional requirement for PO and scheme medals: The player must have played n games versus x top players in that specific season.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2012, 06:06 PM »
An avoid could have a response with a free win so that it forces avoiders to get that game done but with the players available at the time of avoiding. (here comes in your evidence dub)

But more on this subject, I'm planning to code some additional requirement for PO and scheme medals: The player must have played n games versus x top players in that specific season.

So the rule is going to be added to tus then? Avoiding is not permitted?

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2012, 06:13 PM »
i think all scared es steal 1 of first 4 position hauahhuahau

u all continue to repeat avoid avoid avoid 

and i say :

yes I DO!!

why put a rule where i must play against random or almog or whoevere .. or i must play against ALL or i play with i love play or i CAN play

u do yourself a lot of paranoies 

btw i never come in PO so i dont care about it

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2012, 08:30 PM »
i think all scared es steal 1 of first 4 position hauahhuahau

u all continue to repeat avoid avoid avoid 

and i say :

yes I DO!!

why put a rule where i must play against random or almog or whoevere .. or i must play against ALL or i play with i love play or i CAN play

u do yourself a lot of paranoies 

btw i never come in PO so i dont care about it

I don't care about es or you. I started my original thread on avoiding  long before you were shown to be avoiders.

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 08:33 PM »
yeah dub but really what's wrong choose own opponent?

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 08:36 PM »
It is a competitive league. No one is forcing anyone to play it. If you want to pick an choose who you play, play funners.

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 08:42 PM »
chose opponent i think it's same say.. i play only default schemes  no?

u and other 200000 players do this

boh  how much paranoies... 

just me, i have dare say it?

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2012, 08:57 PM »
Sorry I can't understand.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2012, 09:41 PM »

Advice? You mean bitching, right? Ah do you expect we break into your sharp wit and find the real thing advice inside the layers of sarcasm?

I want to answer your question, but you are unable to ask one. You'd rather to talk cool than just go straight to your point. You want to ask something, but at the same time you want to make a sarcastic point. (at least one) That's your signature right? Let's try to answer your question.

I'm sure anyone in the staff can give us a hint on what's going on, or if this is in the plan books.

I don't want to disturb MI's coding of the new TUSbook profile sharing ladder climbing worms and friends website TM but I don't think it's asking too much to know if an avoiding rule system is being worked or if he simply doesn't give a f@#! or doesn't prioritize it.

What do you wanna tell me? Are you implying that I code useless features? Are you making fun of TUS features or even possible features coming in the future? Are you saying that I don't know my priorities? What is my priority? By all means clear me please? I've spent over a thousand dollars on TUS already. Should I pay this month? Is that a priority sir?
4 years ago you criticized TUS in every place and advertised FoW to be the best thing, all well-thought system and the final solution for the community. Where is your actions? Are you openly criticizing my actions, my priorities and what is done in this website while you have failed to deliver yourself? Ah you mean you are not a man of action, but an all-talk criticizer right? The almighty super witty guy?

When you created 4 fake accounts on TUS, were you trying to tell me that I should watch out for fake accounts? When you spammed TUS with nonsense, were you giving me an advice to "watchout for spammers"?

How many people have you offended in this community, isn't that enough already? Those were only stupid people who deserved your sharp wit, right? Why are you unable to ask a straight question like everybody else?

Well congratulations. You've been a complete disgrace to this community, but hey! your friends think you are a nice guy inside, right? So your actions toward other people get auto-canceled.

Next time you have something to ask, ask like a decent human being, I'll be happy to answer.

Ok now that you've finally gotten that out of your system, can we move on?

And by move on I mean get over the fact you don't like me and start doing something about avoiders.

Glad to see some progress though, next time you want to sum up my worms career please give credit to were it's due:

The player must have played n games versus x top players in that specific season.

edit: don't be so butthurt about me mocking what I see as ridiculous features, is mocking not allowed now? New rules time?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:50 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2012, 08:35 AM »
Ok now that you've finally gotten that out of your system, can we move on?

And by move on I mean get over the fact you don't like me and start doing something about avoiders.

Got it out of my system? Did I miss you apologizing for what you have done somewhere? Do you want to mock people and expect them to move on?

Enough is enough. I tolerated you for over 3 years. I even ignored your past, telling your mockery wasn't serious. But you can't get enough right? Ok, let's focus on you now. You won't let it go, let's play. Let's see what you've done.

You've been more than 10 years in this community? I got to know you when you made fake accounts and spam. I was in my first year in w:a, I got to know w:a old schooler while you made fun of this website. One of your mockery comments:

Quote from: ropa
forum game were you continue the story were the poster above left it hehe

"Once upon a time WWPers came to WA and made a league..."

What was your advice with that? We are WWP noobs who migrated to WA and without any knowledge of WA? That we are kidding ourselves?

So you're saying if there are new potentials of developers coming to w:a, you attack and try to smash/mock their work? Who let you do that? More than 10 years and nobody told you what the hell are you doing? How many people on this community have you insulted? How many of them you made fun of their intelligence? How many of them felt crap by reading your posts?
How exactly you got to be this way for 10 years and nobody told you to shut up?

Every wormer in this community is someone to respect. Every one of them. Wormer are here because they understand the brilliance of this game. Many people just want to shoot and spill blood holding down their weapon firing key, that is the summary of many games. Wormers are not a lot on number, we try to catch and gather every one of them together, on the other hand we have a full-time mocker. Insulting newbies, making fun of other wormer's intelligence. Telling their opinion is not valuable enough. 10 years you've been here? Seriously?

Are you making secret donations to anyone in this community? Even if you are, is that your pass to be however you want?
You've made fun of avirex for not going to university ever? For not having proper education? What is your education? What university promotes being rude? What education advertises mockery? Are you looking at yourself at all?

Glad to see some progress though, next time you want to sum up my worms career please give credit to were it's due:

The player must have played n games versus x top players in that specific season.

That extra PO qualification was around before, it got reminded by DENnis in this thread. The thread itself is started by dub-c after we talked on snooper and pm. You bumped the thread and you want credit in your worms career? So you're saying that your worms career is so empty that you grasp onto thread bumps? Please show us the things you've done. We wanna see the dark side of the moon. Your worms2d profile doesn't seem to include your entire career. You're bragging there about aliasing successfully?

Do you remember you mocked TUS popularity? That we care only about quantity and we lack quality? and quality is not our million useless features, right? Well good. That worthless quantity is your friend now. I'll make sure everybody in this community that you consider a worthless noob gets to you know. 10 years is enough already. Still can't believe you got away insulting wormers for this long. Nobody stood in front of you? wow unbelievable...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2012, 09:54 AM »
I don't understand. What exactly is your problem? You're going to make these posts to try and give me bad publicity because you're full of resentment? Do you think I need any? You're not exactly going to discover fire here, doesn't take a multi quote post to make people realize I've deeply offended you and your guts.

I had a bunch of witty replies but you seem legitimately butt hurt.

Next time your in IRC, check some logs, get an actual idea of what I think of you and TUS, get an actual idea of the amount of times I've vocally defended you or vouched for you. You're right, when a programmer comes to WA and is willing to help I push them away, if by push away you mean try to get them involved, that is. And you know why that holds infinitely more worth than gifting your ears in this forum by labeling you as the best person in the universe? You weren't there to read, it was legit. So why does it hold so many importance that I made witty remarks here, years ago? Because you care too much on public opinion, it's your biggest flaw and one you'll need to learn to cope with, or move on, like I said.

Here, in this forum, we all play the game. That's why you made a huge posts in order to get people to hate more on me. Really think that's going to have an sort of impact on me? People that hate me are not going to hate any more. But you go on, WA Paladin, please make sure every noob out there knows the real face of ropa, the full time mocker, who runs around insulting noobs (do you have examples of this?).

Bottom line is, you never prohibited trolling and generally mockery in your own home, in your own forums, and now it's suddenly really bad because it involved you and I'm the one doing it?  I say again, get over it.

edit: sorry for not responding for most of your stuff, but they're void accusations in which you fail to identify written sarcasm.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:10 AM by ropa »
Eat a bag full of dicks.