Forums
April 29, 2024, 02:33 AM

Author Topic: KEY REMAPPER  (Read 12899 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: KEY REMAPPER
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2013, 04:27 PM »
Cherry make keyboards with switches.
These switches act like springs in the keys allowing the keys to bounce back up quickly.

This means that the space bar (for example) will be ready for you to tap again more quickly.

Obviously this is good for super fast typers but I think these switches were also designed with shooting games in mind.

That is scratching the surface - a keyboard enthusiast could go in more detail... there are many different colour switches, requiring different key push pressure to register and making louder/quiter click sounds when keys are hit.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2013, 04:34 PM »
Hmm, interesting indeed, how reliable are they though, how robust? When you say good for super fast typers does that imply people like us abusing the spacebar would ruin it pretty quickly, or they have gaming models too? Man I wish we could "try before buy" with keyboards lol, it would make it so much easier, I just fear buying a whole lot and not being satisfied, and wasting my money...

Offline Anubis

« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2013, 04:37 PM »
There are 4 MX switches from Cherry (the in-house built kbs from Cherry are shit, they sell their technology to other brands).

Basically there are 2 categories:
Blue and brown: They "click" when they are pressed making it a audible and because of a slight resistance it's also a tactile feel to every key press. Blue requires more than brown and brown is less tactile.
Red and black: They don't click and thus you don't hear them. The red are straight forward and require the least force to press down, black is similiar but requires more force to press.

I have the blue MX switches since I bought it for typing and not for roping. It is very reliable but the greater force you need to press space down is far greater than any rubberdome kb so it's not really suitable for really fast taps. I heard mayhem has the red ones so he can shine some light on that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 04:39 PM by Anubis »

Offline Ryan

« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2013, 04:39 PM »
I actually think they are gaming keyboards.
Example is the Cherry g80. That is one of the cheapest mechanical keyboards I can find, at £60.

They are expensive - enough to put me off buying one. I have that fear and wish for 'try before buy' too.

I can't on robustness through experience. I have read reviews and because they are mechanical with a simple design, they appear to be robust.

Edit: anubis's post looks far more useful.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2013, 05:12 PM »
I actually think they are gaming keyboards.
Example is the Cherry g80. That is one of the cheapest mechanical keyboards I can find, at £60.

They are expensive - enough to put me off buying one. I have that fear and wish for 'try before buy' too.

I can't on robustness through experience. I have read reviews and because they are mechanical with a simple design, they appear to be robust.

Edit: anubis's post looks far more useful.

that's the one I have, at 50€ including shipping, also the cheapest I could find from an online shop and not second hand.

they're built to last more than average keyboards but the switches don't have an unlimited life

they're actually built for office work, for fast typing, just some people found them useful for gaming and now there are other companies which build gaming keyboards with cherry switches.

regardless of this, membrane keyboards are better for most games.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2013, 09:58 PM »
I do, can you answer my question now please.
He's inferring that you can jump higher off of one foot than two, physically demonstrated best by a basketball layup, which is absolutely and unequivocally correct.  Anus would know this if he watched basketball.  Which you should, Kai.

On this novella of a topic, everyone using a script like this should be hunted down and caned.  Except Anubis, he already has had 10 years of backlash under his belt.
You are wrong, I used to be a basketball addict, why would I make an analogy off of something I have no idea about. In my teens I was religiously performing jumping exercises to push my vertical jump.

Two feet will push you off the ground higher. Jumping has everything to do with your legs. Hence why players rarely jump off one leg for a jumpshot, because they need the elevation using both feet to get up higher. They only take one step jumps when they need that extra step to get to the basket for a layin or dunk.

Here is a video with Gerald Green, currently (to my knowledge) the player in the NBA with the highest vertical jump, look at his jumping technique:

and now read this little copy from wiki about vertical jumps, it explains why you jump higher with both:

An important component of maximizing height in a vertical jump is attributed to the use of counter-movements of the legs and arm swings prior to take off, as both of these actions have been shown to significantly increase the body’s center of mass rise. The counter-movement of the legs, a quick bend of the knees which lowers the center of mass prior to springing upwards, has been shown to improve jump height by 12% compared to jumping without the counter-movement. This is contributed to the stretch shortening cycle of the leg muscles enabling the muscles to create more contractile energy. Furthermore, jump height can be increased another 10% by executing arm swings during the take off phase of the jump compared to if no arm swings are utilized. This involves lowering the arms distally and posteriorly during the leg counter-movements, and powerfully thrusting the arms up and over the head as the leg extension phase begins. As the arms complete the swinging movement they pull up on the lower body causing the lower musculature to contract more rapidly, hence aiding in greater jump height.

As you can see, to maximize height you will need to perform actions which are impossible to do while running and jumping off one foot.

Btw @ Wally/van: Let's not further derail this thread with basketball I just had to reply to this because it was quite an insult to me to believe I have no idea about b-ball/vertical jumps. xD
Anus, you are losing it man.  If this were true high jumpers would take off from two feet.  They do not.  If this were true long jumpers would take off with two feet.  They don't.  Either they havent been informed that they can jump with two feet and jump higher and longer, or you have been grossly misinformed.  And btw this thread needs derailing, and if we can make it about basketball, all the better.

Offline Free

« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2013, 10:12 PM »
High jumpers and long jumpers also need speed to get distance, its not pure vertical jump. You greatly reduce the distance if you don't get enough speed. Just makes most obvious sense to me that you get most power to your jump when using both feet+your hands to get maximium vertical jump.. can't really see someone doing a box-jump as high with 1 leg as you could when you use both legs

Offline Anubis

« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2013, 10:23 PM »
What the hell? I talked about the HEIGHT, not how far you can jump. Look at all the vertical jump records, they are all done using both legs. I am not gonna google this for you but the evidence is all over the web, youtube etc. Seriously this argument is senseless. xD

Offline avirex

« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2013, 10:46 PM »
i actually always thought you get a higher jump with 1 foot... and for myself, i can jump higher with one foot... i know in my prime i could dunk the basketball taking flight from one foot, if i tried jumping with 2, i could only imagine not coming close....

i also remember (and may be wrong) that when they measure your vertical leap they measure a 2 footed jump....   maybe thats why you see all the vertical records are 2 feet anubis? lol...

but... im not saying either of you are right... im not sure tbh... 

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2013, 12:25 AM »
So heres the deal, I think I know what happened here.  Originally, Anubis said this:
That's like saying people that use both feet to jump in basketball (because you can jump higher with it than with 1 foot) are worse than people that only jump with 1 foot.
That simply isn't true, there is no argument, you can jump higher with one foot.  I don't need to google anything or look up any records to clarify, it is just common sense.  That is why in dunk contests and high jump, where the object is to leap as high as possible, the person takes a few strides before taking off from one foot.

However, I am thinking Anus was talking about standing vertical jump, where you are at a standstill, just probably forgot to clarify that in his first post.  Again, common sense dictates that when stationary, you can jump higher and more explosively when using two feet. 

In closing, if you think that the maximum height a human being can jump, while running or otherwise is best achieved off of two feet rather than one, I can't help you.  You are beyond the help of reason. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:31 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2013, 04:29 AM »
I don't have a clue about Basketball really, but I am leaning towards believing Anus over Wally...

Did you see that guy jump lol?

Offline Free

« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2013, 07:12 AM »
So heres the deal, I think I know what happened here.  Originally, Anubis said this:
That's like saying people that use both feet to jump in basketball (because you can jump higher with it than with 1 foot) are worse than people that only jump with 1 foot.
That simply isn't true, there is no argument, you can jump higher with one foot.  I don't need to google anything or look up any records to clarify, it is just common sense.  That is why in dunk contests and high jump, where the object is to leap as high as possible, the person takes a few strides before taking off from one foot.

However, I am thinking Anus was talking about standing vertical jump, where you are at a standstill, just probably forgot to clarify that in his first post.  Again, common sense dictates that when stationary, you can jump higher and more explosively when using two feet. 

In closing, if you think that the maximum height a human being can jump, while running or otherwise is best achieved off of two feet rather than one, I can't help you.  You are beyond the help of reason. 

It totally depends on the situation, if you need distance with the height, depending on the distance/height your trying to achieve, it might be better to take off with 1 feet (you maintain more speed on the jump but dont achieve the maximium height possible) but take a look at the video anubis posted for example, if that dude has the highest vertical jump in b-ball, he takes off with 2 feet in that case, because he doesn't need to cover that much of a distance to use 1 feet to maintain better speed.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2013, 08:57 AM »
a vertical stand still jump will always gain more height if done properly with both legs and foot

in matches, people use one foot because they're running and that provides them with distance as well as height for a layup/dunk

this doesn't take away the fact that there are plenty of moves in basketball that make use of the standstill two foot jump, not only the standstill dunk, it's also used in rebounding, jump stops and blocks on 1v1 defense.

I'm not american, but I can dunk so I hope that helps.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline StepS

« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2013, 09:34 AM »
goto Moon!
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2013, 09:54 AM »
I can see that this topic has been totally derailed from the original issue but my opinion on the matter is this:

Remapping itself is nothing if its only to change the position of space etc, however the fr is an issue many would argue "for" or "against", I simply dont mind it.

I have used a remapper to move Space to Alt since its a smaller button and my space had been totally destroyed on my previous laptop. Now I got a new laptop and I will remap it again probably for roping.