Forums
April 28, 2024, 02:42 PM

Author Topic: NNN merging with TUS  (Read 7553 times)

Offline Kilobyte

NNN merging with TUS
« on: December 26, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Hey all,

first I hope I put it into the right thread. Recently a guy came up with an idea to merge TUS we NNNs. This means, we bring here our player accounts, profiles, and our NNNL ranking system, but probably all our stuffs like forum, history, games, tournaments. This marriage would cause a big advantage: could bring the two big community together, and the whole WA community would profit that (at least the reviews and forecasts say that). NNNs also gets what TUS has and we don't.
Of course, its not that easy. Most of you might dont know, but cooperating two different system can be a pain in the ass for two men, for free, and responsibility. So anyhow it happens, it's not going to happen very soon. That's not the most important question right now.
The question is: you TUS, how would you accept that? Do you think it worth it? Uneccessary, a must, superfluous, feel sick? Can it bring the big community together, complete with an intermediate scheme which has almost 6000 games/years - or will it create inner problems?

Offline franz

Re: NNN merging with TUS
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 08:20 PM »
You must be the main person who runs NNN?  if not, isn't that Dario?  shouldn't he be asking this, or do you have his permission?

This might be a better conversation in private between MonkeyIsland and whoever is in charge at NNN.  send him a pm or find him on msn maybe

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 08:30 PM »
Nice idea, why not ? :)
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 08:34 PM »
You must be the main person who runs NNN?  if not, isn't that Dario?  shouldn't he be asking this, or do you have his permission?

This might be a better conversation in private between MonkeyIsland and whoever is in charge at NNN.  send him a pm or find him on msn maybe

Do you really think they didnt discuss it inhouse before announcing it here?

And another thing is, that case has around 1 year now and MI and other NNN's know the situation, the question is sent to TUS community.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 08:35 PM »
NNN merging with TUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTW!!

Offline franz

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 08:51 PM »

Do you really think they didnt discuss it inhouse before announcing it here?

And another thing is, that case has around 1 year now and MI and other NNN's know the situation, the question is sent to TUS community.

sorry, the tone of the post made it sound like this was the first time it was brought up ;d

The question is: you TUS, how would you accept that? Do you think it worth it? Uneccessary, a must, superfluous, feel sick? Can it bring the big community together, complete with an intermediate scheme which has almost 6000 games/years - or will it create inner problems?

from someone who doesn't really play normal/NNN, I still don't see it causing any problems or making people 'feel sick'.  go for it

Offline Kilobyte

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 08:52 PM »

I afraid you misunderstood me. NNN and TUS lives well stand alone, it was just a question if you TUS like it or not (this question isn't mine, not even an NNN guy :)). Or what is your opinion. But so far, only we NNNs was asked about it, and TUS haven't. And this affect the whole WA community - that's why me and MI won't do it off our own bat.

And yes, I'm the creator/maintainer of NNN system.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 08:53 PM »
I don't like the Intermediate scheme, but I know how many other people really really like it, and I respect that, I think something good could come out of this :)

Offline HHC

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 08:59 PM »
The only way I see this working is if ONL is completely split from TUS-leagues. In that case it would be a matter whether or not MI wants to pay for a league over which he has no control whatsoever.

ONL claims to have the best system for normal games, so I don't see any point in fitting it in with TUS leagues if neither one is willing to adopt a totally different system. And with this being the TUS site, I reckon it is going to be ONL who needs to accept the TUS system. If they don't, it will be pretty much ONL being hosted on the TUS server (which only costs MI money, without anything in return).

Offline franz

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 09:27 PM »
I afraid you misunderstood me. NNN and TUS lives well stand alone, it was just a question if you TUS like it or not (this question isn't mine, not even an NNN guy :)). Or what is your opinion. But so far, only we NNNs was asked about it, and TUS haven't. And this affect the whole WA community - that's why me and MI won't do it off our own bat.

And yes, I'm the creator/maintainer of NNN system.

sorry for the misunderstanding, it sounds clear now that you're just asking how the TUS community would react and/or welcome this.

Komito says it well, that although some of the community may not play normal, they can respect the hard work that you guys do for the normal community. HHC though seems to bring up the challenges though.. but maybe you've already thought about those in private with MI?  If none of those are issues, then I can only see good coming out of the idea.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 09:31 PM »
I'm sure some people would donate to MI?

Offline Ramone

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 09:34 PM »
Money is not the problem, I'll pay for it. ;o

I believe that there's a way for this to work without anyone being harmed, it's idea that matters.. This is kinda just a part of the same idea that I have, to merge as much as possible the whole w:a community under 1 roof.. Every (classic) scheme have it's own league, all merged but separated, all connected but on their own.. But one and only, for ever and eternity, amen.

Anyway, I hope NNNL will be accepted on TUS and I believe it will only be the beginning of uniting all w:a players and all w:a staff around.. ;x

Offline Koras

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 10:35 PM »

Dario is a pawn  ;)
Kilo is real boss of NNN, like a godfather  :D

Offline franz

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 10:57 PM »
Dario is a pawn  ;)
Kilo is real boss of NNN, like a godfather  :D

ahhh  :D

Offline Kilobyte

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 11:41 PM »
exactly. Now Koras, down on your knees.