Forums
May 23, 2024, 05:29 AM

Author Topic: Ropers Only League - Read please =)  (Read 5321 times)

Offline Kaleu

Re: Ropers Only League - Read please =)
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2016, 06:13 PM »
Now this looks more like a personal taste league, remove shoppa to add this zar shit for money? No thanks, I don't like
profiteers.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline biscuits

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2016, 06:23 PM »
Now this looks more like a personal taste league, remove shoppa to add this zar shit for money? No thanks, I don't like
profiteers.

There's no reason for shoppa to be in the rope league since it's in Classic. It was just an idea. I'm asking for everyones opinion, which is why I think a poll should go up so we can see vote results. And money isn't even what this is about, spleen mentioned something about adding a prize pool if need be and I just backed him up saying I would help with that if people wanted that.

This is solely for the purpose of having fun man.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:39 PM by biscuits »

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2016, 06:34 PM »
profiteers.

Show some respect ;)

Anyhow, It's not necessary about prize money it's more about to encourage player engagement in partaking.
No one is profiting Kaleu, ZaR Roper is much more difficult than ordinary roper. Even I'm not pro at it. So I don't understand how I as a person could profit from it. But yes, having ZaR in a league would profit ZaR as a more recognized position.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Sensei

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2016, 06:58 PM »
Lol. Would be cool for zar to get it's trl season, but making it a classic scheme..? Are you guys on acid?

Offline spleen17

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2016, 07:04 PM »
Lol. Would be cool for zar to get it's trl season, but making it a classic scheme..? Are you guys on acid?

When did anyone say that?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2016, 07:12 PM »
Didn't you and bisc discussing it 5 posts ago?

Offline spleen17

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2016, 07:25 PM »

That is for the hypothetical new rope league, as I said I would rather tus classic remained the same :)

I do think the scheme has a lot of merit though, it's different tactically and actually less luck-based than roper in my opinion, but I'm not saying it should replace roper or anything.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2016, 07:35 PM »

That is for the hypothetical new rope league, as I said I would rather tus classic remained the same :)

I do think the scheme has a lot of merit though, it's different tactically and actually less luck-based than roper in my opinion, but I'm not saying it should replace roper or anything.

Yeah. I'm totally with spleen on this one. TUS Classic should remain untouched. There's nothing wrong with it. The whole point of this thread and idea was to just branch out a rope league for ropers (not intended for ground players or people who are content already with Classic). Also it's for people who hit game limit caps in Classic/each season and can just go over to the rope league and play their games for fun. I think adding ZaR to the rope scene would be cool, it's definitely a nice scheme I like it a lot (Cave ZaR i don't care much for). But.. ZaR reminds me of worms 2 style ropers with 12 second turns, no parachute so if you mess up, you're done... and of course... zook only which makes attacks harder and not dropping a mine 0.4mm away from your opponents worms head :P Oh and of course, the lovely random mines :)

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2016, 08:05 PM »
If you want a rope based league you pretty much have 2 almost identical schemes in the same league if you consider adding zar to it, makes no sense. But lets move on this topic, try a poll maybe?

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2016, 12:51 AM »
since Random00 and Barman are logically unreachable with the actual activity.

Random00 is unreachable but barman isn't:

^^ Last Season.

Rope league :
Ttrr, roper, wxw, shoppa, Tower/big rr

Shopper is not a Rope scheme!

@ZaR

I really like ZaR scheme, but imo it isn't League material.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2016, 04:04 AM »
IMO zar should be in classic league, as a variant of roper.  It's basically a clone of w2 roper rules with mines and grenade removed, dunno how much more classic you can get.  Why shouldn't a player be allowed to pick roper or zar?  The scheme points should get combined though between roper/zar, no adding a whole new category for it, that would upset the rope/nonrope balance.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2016, 04:24 AM »
Is it an ironic post? I hope so.

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2016, 06:19 AM »
Maybe try make something similar to this - http://www.deadendcafe.net/rl/
And if it gets enough activity you could then ask to get it intergraded into TUS.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2016, 08:00 AM »
IMO zar should be in classic league, as a variant of roper.

Some years ago I would probably agree with you, but I wouldn't now.

TuS is diversified enough already, We have TuS Singles / TuS Classic / TuS Free League / TuS Elite / TuS Rotated League / Cups / Tournaments / Challenges / dS Tours / The BattleRace thing that you do / EAC, and maybe more?

This is a main reason why we see less activity overall, WA has about 30-200 players on at anytime of day, half of which you can bet they are AFK...

Back in the day, there were 3 schemes to play in Leagues, that was it, so ALL competitive players were contributing to this.

These days, we don't have more players, but we have more things to do, which splits people up, making it less active overall, or at least gives that impression...

Like I said we should be trying to make cutbacks, not add stuff, or it'll just keep getting worse, i've been saying this for years and i've been right.

It's basically a clone of w2 roper rules with mines and grenade removed, dunno how much more classic you can get.

I know I am nitpicking a bit, but it isn't basically a clone of w2Roper.

w2Roper had more fall damage, the choice of collect crate or not, different hp, you had parachute, you had other weapons, and not to mention different game physics, and maybe more I forgot?

ZaR Roper is the best Roper scheme i've played for like 10 years, but I still strongly believe it isn't League worthy.

Offline Senator

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2016, 09:01 AM »
since Random00 and Barman are logically unreachable with the actual activity.

Random00 is unreachable but barman isn't

Is he really unreachable?

Elite: Almog reached #1 recently but dropped back to #2
WxW: Sbaffo reached #1 recently but dropped back to #2
Roper: dibz is #1 atm, biscuits rised from 1400 to 2100 points in 70 games and is #9 now
TTRR: Sbaffo and dibz are fighting for #1

In Hysteria and T17 it might be a little harder to reach top 5 because top 10 is inactive. But they don't explain the 2000 points lead. Other players just haven't reached a top 5 position in as many schemes as Random00 ;)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 09:16 AM by Senator »